[MOD][BETA] JapanCat Bf-109 v0.086 *UPDATE*

Oh, dear, looking at the your text, I really can see how heart-broken you were after been tortured by this ugly game, Big Grin LOL!

Yeah, their aircraft models are better than ours, but seriously, y is it not much of a sim? I still don't get it. Bad graphic means it is not a good game, only care about the planes means it concentrates on the aerial warfare. Even FS with guns is still a sim, don't you think? So could you be more specific about your conclusion, for example, anything wrong with the FM?

BTW, don't forget how old our game is and how many patches did we have. And another question, does playing a good sim makes your ego grow? Really, is there any reason for you to make such a cocky judgment. And please don't use the word "rubbish" too often, as if you had created anything better than that? Well, you can certainly try! :lol:

musikerz Wrote:
David603 Wrote:@musikerz

What flight sim is that?

The model in the object viewer is clearly very high poly, almost certainly more than the Il2 engine can handle, but the lower poly in-game model would be much more manageable, and well within the limitations of the Il2 engine. The only problem might be the Skin texture, which looks to be more than the normal 1024x1024 used by Il2, but I'm sure this could be changed, one way or another.

Hi, David603, so do you know about the polygon limitation of il2 graphic engine? Is it possible for il2 to process something like this model? I surely hope so!
[Image: 805_bf109_wf01.jpg]
Some tests were done on poly limits for Il2 a while back, and it seems the limits for an aircraft are 30,000 polys, with 3,000 being the limit for the individual parts that make up an Il2 model. If these limits are exceeded the model is rejected by the game engine.

Models in Il2 are considerably lower poly than this, some of the older models are around 1,500 polys total and even now Daidalus Team is working with a limit of around 4,000-5,000 for a single engined aircraft in order to keep the game playable for users with lower end systems.

I can't judge accurately the polycount for that model, it clearly way higher than an average Il2 model, but I don't think it is over 30,000, so if someone chose to make an Il2 model that really pushed the game engine then that sort of quality would be quite possible.

Thanx for the information, David603, that's a good news for us, 30,000 polygons per plane is probably good enough for a decent 3d model. My opinion is if we really want to develop this game further onto a higher level and continue to play it with better hardware after SOW was released, it is necessary to have detailed aircraft models in the near future. Since the potential is here, time to get the blueprints! Smile

musikerz Wrote:Oh, dear, looking at the your text, I really can see how heart-broken you were after been tortured by this ugly game, Big Grin LOL!

Yeah, their aircraft models are better than ours, but seriously, y is it not much of a sim? I still don't get it. Bad graphic means it is not a good game, only care about the planes means it concentrates on the aerial warfare. Even FS with guns is still a sim, don't you think? So could you be more specific about your conclusion, for example, anything wrong with the FM?

BTW, don't forget how old our game is and how many patches did we have. And another question, does playing a good sim makes your ego grow? Really, is there any reason for you to make such a cocky judgment. And please don't use the word "rubbish" too often, as if you had created anything better than that? Well, you can certainly try! :lol:

...er, are you involved in Target Tobruk by any chance? :roll:

I don't have a big ego and I'm not "cocky" (the only cocky one here seems to be you, with your attitude..). I think TT is not a good quality sim for a series of reasons, but let's proceed in order:

IMHO a sim should deliver a complete package that takes into account all the aspects of a good simulator: good FM, good DM, good graphics, good FX, good sounds, good Coop modes, good comms, etc... and above all, it should be able to deliver some unprecedented feature, which would make it stand out for it and would allow to forgive other flaws.

Example: EAW, although quite poor graphically and under a FM point of view, managed to put you into properly massive dogfights with an intelligent use of squadron commands (which became a classic model that everybody use nowadays), so although not being quite the sim, it was immersive.

The Flight Simulator series, although not perfect in terms of FM, delivered an unprecedented possibility of flying virtually everywhere, and a virtually unfinished number of planes to play with. Many flight schools use it for basic GA training, because of the possibility to use VORs, DMEs, inertial platforms etc.. so it was revolutionary in a sense of navigation and subsequently for the 3d models, which are still the best ones around, but the flight models were generally patchy. Things are getting better and better though, although they still have a long way to go (if they ever develop a new one..)

Another sim that many of you probably don't know of is Fighter Squadron: The Screaming Demons Over Europe. We're talking about something developed in 1995 from Activision, and for many aspects it still nowadays has better FM features than IL-2: proper wind settings (crosswind landings were fantastic!), plane wings had an elastic structure, so when put under stress they would flex and/or deform, and above all there was a massive development of fan mods, with so many cool planes inserted (last but not least the Hawker Kestrel, predecessor of the Harrier).

Then we had IL-2, which was better and better with every release, and still nowadays is THE benchmark for WW2 simulation.

Targetware products have approssimative FM, poor ground handling effects, elementary DM, crappy FX... as that was not enough, it didn't bring any improvement or new feature to the world of simulation, that's why it has never been and will never be a winner.

The real shame is that Russian sim developers don't really explain to the general crowd what astounding features they implement into their sims: the amount of FM and DM research and work in a game like Neoqb's Rise of Flight is immense, with features that make a real pilot jump on his chair.

Back to IL-2, its longevity is really unprecedented, but we're starting to see the limits of it (as some modders will confirm).

Again, this is just my opinion, the opinion of someone who might not have contributed here in any form, but that has put his actual flying experience in the development of Rise of Flight while in beta stage, and have almost 15 years of simming experience, from early PC stuff to professional civilian aircraft flight simulators.

If my professional experience to you translates into "cocky and big egoed", I'm sorry for you, but what can I do about it?

Ah, about your last post, it can't be done, the guys here are already squeezing the sim engine to its limits, so you'll have to either stick to what you have or pass to SOW.

Hi everyone

I inspected the drawing I got from everyone.
The drawing I got from Mr. musikerz was also inspected.

Anything couldn't be trusted.

Maybe If I have a perfect drawing.
I hope renewed the Bf109 sometime.

PS:
3D can't be argued only by a drawing of the side.
The top and the front are also necessary.

Thank you very much. JapanCat

Please see my blog.

Wow. The update for the Bf109B looks fantastic, the original mod was of reasonable quality and sorely needed, but this update looks superb.

Hi, I love what you are doing with the corrections! Many thanks!

I looked at your blog...but I cannot read Japanese...:~(

I was wondering how do I get your updates to work with HSFX 4.1 Is it compatible?

Thank you

Hi mate!

Your work around the 109B is amazing as always!

Have you in project new Japan plane?

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Salute JapanCat,
thats a really superb work.

Thank you very much !

JapanCat, I like those little, subtle changes you make. Rounding off, this, moving that. Not major, but eneough that you can see an improvement.
Could you see it in your heart to do this to the P-40m? Rounding off the intakes, and prop spinner...that sort of thing. That plane can really use you. There have been some nice mods for it, and the little finishing touches that you can do would make it a terrific looking model. Hope you'll think about it.

JapanCat-San! Very -very big thanks for your amazing work!
Arigato!

Ah,It's very good,Thanks a lot

Epic mod and as a 109 lover myself, it's well appreciated. Only one problem, however. My sound begins to cut in and out when I try to fly the planes now. Any reason why?

A nice reminder of this mod "bump"

is it ever going to be placed in the UP2xx serries?