[MOD] AMT - Spitfire L.F. Mk.XVIe Pack Version 1.0

Metatron Wrote:This is fantastic work. A question: Is this the normal procedure for installing mods until the next HSFX updade? I mean using the mods folder.

Yes.

just a few bits of advice from me;
I do have UP2 and added the buttons file from SAS (th newest one);
all runs fine, I have even added some more planes, the Spit I Early, the Hurri I Early, some 109s from Anto that were not included in UP2 and a few more;
no problems so far;
btw, my new Spit XVI displays at the bottom of the aircraft selection, not amidst the other Spits, maybe thats the problem why some people cannot find it after installing it;

Raptor, thanks a lot for this bird, the FM is insane Big Grin
and this bird is surely nice looking, an elegant killer!

cheers
Griffon

No problem, anyway most people should know wherever you decide to put the air.ini entries is where your plane will end up. I guess I take it for granted.... its pretty obvious to me anyway lol Tongue I just put the obscure ones at the end of the list, otherwise they are in the correct order after my XIV spits.

Quote:No there isn't. Your operating system doesn't make a difference when it comes to installing mods. When it comes to installing programs then it may make a difference.

Dear Raptor,

Thanks again for your reply.. I tried installing it again and followed instructions exactly as given in the readme but still no Mk. XVI.... Pls check your PM.. I've addressed the issue more specifically...

Thanks again

Guys who are having problems with it showing up please go to here http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1496.0.html and download the WeaponClasses. The downloaded file is named this: "SAS_WeaponsClasses_4_Sound.7z" Install that and delete the UI 1.2 weapons that you downloaded from your mods folder. Then see if it works or not. It may work it may not do anything....

ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED!
The Spit XVI (and Hurricane MK4) are working perfectly after having installed "SAS_WeaponsClasses_4_Sound.7z".

Thank you again Raptor !!

Nightjar Wrote:Cheers Raptor, sorted. No problems at all! Might I be a bit cheeky and ask about the ID letters on the skins? "ND-G" reads as "D-NG" on the starboard side. I've noticed this before on one other skin. Is this a mistake or an artifact of the skinning process?

Anyway, many thanks for a fantastic plane, and all your help.

Glad it works, i'll update the post then.

It should read NG-D and on the other side D-NG. I don't know why your skin says that because the one in mine doesn't lol

=== ATTENTION PLEASE READ! ===

If you are NOT using UI 1.2, HSFX 4.0 and above or UP 1.8 and above you will need this mod as well! The Spitfire L.F. Mk.XVIe in this pack use the 50 cal weapons from the P51s in UI 1.2. Thanks to Wolf and the team for weapons and SAS_Cirx for the extraction. You can download this here: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1496.0.html (Click on the link which says "Download WeaponsClasses (22KB)", file downloaded is named: "SAS_WeaponsClasses_4_Sound". To install just place the folder named "1v SAS Weapons Classes" in your MODS folder. Please delete the US_Weapons_AAA_UI12 folder if you have installed that previously.

(This is Step 2 in the install instructions on the first post, should fix all problems with not seeing the weapon loadouts.)

Nightjar Wrote:Sorry Raptor, it does, of course read the same as yours. My typo I'm afraid! But my query is still the same: Did the sequence of letters differ like this in real life? Shouldn't it read the same from both sides? Surely the former could lead to confusion when ID-ing an individual aircraft (eg: the pilot who mistakenly strafed his own troops was reported as flying NGD. Or was it DNG?). Or am I missing something?

Once again, great mod, ta ever so!

if you think about it the NG is in the same place on both sides, and then the D is the aircraft number say in the squadron. The code which is two letters together is always the squadron code and the one letter code is the number code or identifier if you get what i mean.

I want to say thanks for this wonderful model and point out some differences
I have installed 4.09m UP 1.8 and UP 2.0 patch update, instaled 3.8 buttons too, model shows correctly anyhow and IL2 starts regularly so far.
The differences I noted are : in my mod folder there is only this Spit folder no other folders (STD f.e.) I find the weapons_ru.properties and plane_ru.properties files in the FILES/il18n folder instead, and buttons is in the FILES folder too.
Can this have some consequences?

Added Weapons Classes as instructed. Everything works beautifully. Wonderful aircraft Spit XVI.

Thanks very much.

I must learn some skills as payback for the community.

robonave Wrote:I want to say thanks for this wonderful model and point out some differences
I have installed 4.09m UP 1.8 and UP 2.0 patch update, instaled 3.8 buttons too, model shows correctly anyhow and IL2 starts regularly so far.
The differences I noted are : in my mod folder there is only this Spit folder no other folders (STD f.e.) I find the weapons_ru.properties and plane_ru.properties files in the FILES/il18n folder instead, and buttons is in the FILES folder too.

You should find that apart from having a MODS folder that you will also have a "-MODS" folder. That should have the STD folder in and the buttons. If you can copy the buttons from that STD folder and replace the one in the files. The stuff in the files folder should stay as the original copy. Only the STD folder stuff should change within your mods folder.

I am running UI1.2 the first time i loaded the mod as per instructions the game crashed. so i downloaded a new buttons file that was supposed to
have the new plane on it again the game crashed ,i removed the Spitfire along with the air ru and weapons files and still the game crashed.
i had to reload the game again followed the instructions and again the game crashed. After a third attempt i gave up, I really would like this
mod but no matter what i have done no dice. Is there a buttons file somewhere for this other than the one suggested because it does not work.
I would appreciate some help with this problem as it is really annoying.
Thanks shadow1249 Sad

shadow1249 Wrote:I am running UI1.2 the first time i loaded the mod as per instructions the game crashed. so i downloaded a new buttons file that was supposed to
have the new plane on it again the game crashed ,i removed the Spitfire along with the air ru and weapons files and still the game crashed.
i had to reload the game again followed the instructions and again the game crashed. After a third attempt i gave up, I really would like this
mod but no matter what i have done no dice. Is there a buttons file somewhere for this other than the one suggested because it does not work.
I would appreciate some help with this problem as it is really annoying.
Thanks shadow1249 Sad

Ok, firstly your really confused lol and could you give more detail on crashes please... 20% CTD or 60% CTD, 95% CTD... etc.... They all mean different things and help us work out what bit you've missed or done wrong.

F22-Raptor-2006 Wrote:
robonave Wrote:I want to say thanks for this wonderful model and point out some differences

You should find that apart from having a MODS folder that you will also have a "-MODS" folder. That should have the STD folder in and the buttons. If you can copy the buttons from that STD folder and replace the one in the files. The stuff in the files folder should stay as the original copy. Only the STD folder stuff should change within your mods folder.

I have copied the STD folder from -MODS folder, unmodified the original files in the FILES folder and everything is going Ok, I have even changed the "slot" for some addon plane (He219 from Do.335 V13 to He111 H-2. Thanks for your great work!!!!