[MOD] AMT - Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI Version 1.1

The Aviator Mod Team presents the Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI

Yesterday I wrote that this would not be coming today, but due to Howlin's great work, staying up all night and through to the morning the FM for this has been finished and so it will be released today. You should thank Howlin for his work Wink

The Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI was used for Photo Reconnaissance only. There were both high and low altitude versions, the difference being the Merlin engine that they used. Some had pressurised cockpits for flying at 40,000ft and higher. The one we have modelled uses a Merlin-70 engine for high altitude. At around 7km and above it will fly very nicely at great speeds.

Since the Mk.XI is a Photo Reconnaissance plane it did not carry any guns, it carries the usual droptanks (30gal, 45gal and 90gal) and also a huge 170 gallon droptank can be used unlike normal spitfires.

[Image: AMT_SpitXI.jpg]

Information
  • Download is an automatic installer, please point this installer to your IL-2 Sturmovik Directory Folder. Further, more detailed information is provided in the installer.
  • air.ini, plane_ru.properties and weapons_ru.properties will have to be manually added. (Please note depending on your game install they may not be in the same location as the readme file states, but the majority will be).

Features
  • Represents the Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI with high altitude engine
  • New 3D for nose, canopy and 170 gallon droptank
  • New 3D for internal Cockpit
  • Custom Flight Model
  • Historically Accurate loadouts

Installation Instructions
  1. Download the Mod from either Filefront or Mediafire:
    DOWNLOAD SPITFIRE P.R. MK.XI (FILEFRONT)
    DOWNLOAD SPITFIRE P.R. MK.XI (MEDIAFIRE)

2. Start Installer and follow instructions.

3. Install new buttons file. You will find this in most cases here: "...MODS\STD\gui\game\buttons" The SAS buttons Version 3.7 and above will work. (http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html). For those running HSFX 4.1 or below please download this buttons file thanks to Howlin (http://www.filefront.com/15213245/buttons/). Buttons files with these FM's included will be added in due course for UI 1.2 and UP.

4. Add air.ini, plane_ru.properties and weapons_ru.properties entries. (You will be prompted to do this at the end of the installation by the installer, I have provided a copy of these entries here as well for your convenience)

Code:
...MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects\air.ini:
SpitfireMkXI      air.SPITFIRE11 1                      NOINFO  gb01  SUMMER

...MODS\STD\i18n\plane_ru.properties:
SpitfireMkXI         Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI, 1943

...MODS\STD\i18n\weapons_ru.properties:
#####################################################################
# Spitfire PR Mk XI
#####################################################################
SpitfireMkXI.default                Default
SpitfireMkXI.1x30dt                 1x 30 gal. Drop Tank
SpitfireMkXI.1x45dt                 1x 45 gal. Drop Tank
SpitfireMkXI.1x90dt                 1x 90 gal. Drop Tank
SpitfireMkXI.1x170dt                1x 170 gal. Drop Tank
SpitfireMkXI.None                   Empty

PATCH 1.1
This will fix the radiators in the Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI, before they were stuck closed and so you overheated very quickly.
http://www.filefront.com/15221689/FFF14878274E61CE
Place this file here and overwrite the old one: "...MODS\SpitfirePR\"

Known Bugs that will be fixed in due course:
Cockpit internally still needs adjustment (reticle)
Canopy does not open externally
Lighting issue on left wing near aileron
Lighting issue on 170gal droptank
A few LOD problems still remain but nothing substancial(i.e. something disappears at a certain distance or isn't quite right)

(I am sorry there are so many bugs on this one, it was a push to get it up to decent standard. These will be fixed in a later patch after New Years)

Credits
Mod by the Aviator Mod Team

Anto - Class files
VH-Rock - New 3D Meshes, LODS
Howlin - Flight Model
F22-Raptor-2006 - Class files, Default skin, Installer

... and finally MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL and the Aviator Mod Team hope you enjoy this present from us.

Thanks Rap...Great Job Bud and to the TEAM as well

Can this plane take actual photos in game?

... thank you very much ..to all involved !

and special thanks to Howlin .... your effort and work is noticed and appreciated Big Grin

reg
Z

jak24610 Wrote:Can this plane take actual photos in game?

Not at the moment, this may be implemented like a bombsight at a later date.

HSFX 4.1 buttons including the spitfire FMs are now up thanks to Howlin, please check the first post!

Thankss!! Great work!!

Thanks again ATM another 2 spitfires into the list of IL-2 Big Grin

Thank you so much !!!

The day of Christmas.... What for a beautiful gift we were waiting for !!!!

Thanks for your work !!!!!!!!

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

PATCH 1.1
This will fix the radiators in the Spitfire P.R. Mk.XI, before they were stuck closed and so you overheated very quickly.
http://www.filefront.com/15221689/FFF14878274E61CE
Place this file here and overwrite the old one: "...MODS\SpitfirePR\"

(also added to first post)

Thanks raptor! Big Grin

Thanks Chaps Well Done Big Grin

Hi guys, quick q 4 ya.

The chaps at 242 have released a new fixer for HSFX 4.1 which has a buttons file is updated with various fixes and tweaks - it means i can't fly your lovely MkXI. Sad

Any chance of a new buttons file from yourselves which contains these updates and the fm for your gorgeous Spitfire?

much obliged,

Fen

FENRIR Wrote:Hi guys, quick q 4 ya.

The chaps at 242 have released a new fixer for HSFX 4.1 which has a buttons file is updated with various fixes and tweaks - it means i can't fly your lovely MkXI. Sad

Any chance of a new buttons file from yourselves which contains these updates and the fm for your gorgeous Spitfire?

much obliged,

Fen

Erm would have to talk to howlin to do that. I can't compile buttons files.

Ok Raptor, thanks.