Crash at 5% from start

Hey guys

My dad uninstalled IL2 1946 with everything attached. 4.08m 4.09 and the HSFX.
Well i reinstalled it and skipped doing 4.08 again, reason being HSFX does that right?
instead of downloading HSFX all over again i had a copy of the file (Backup ftw Big Grin) and just reinstalled from that.
so now it crashes at 5%. cant uninstall it either to start from scratch.
i have a suspicion that the install of HSFX didnt really work because there were other file downloads with it. not kept in seperate folders.
since the uninstaller keeps crashing i cant redo to see if that is the actual problem.
Should i delete the whole 1946 folder of the program files and reinstall and then 4.08 then to HSFX?
any help would be appreciated Smile

Highsky Wrote:i reinstalled it and skipped doing 4.08
That's why it CTD's at 5%.
Both HSFX and UltraPack require a vanilla clean 4.09m installation, which is:

1.) Install IL-2 1946
2.) Install Patch 4.08m
3.) Install Patch 4.09m

The next steps for HSFX would be:
4.) Install HSFX 4.0
5.) Install HSFX 4.1

The next steps for UltraPack would be:
4.) Install UP 1.8
5.) Install UP 2.0 Update
or, alternatively:
4.) Install UP 2.0 full package

In either case you need to apply both patch 4.08m and 4.09m to get to the starting point of the modding packs.

Best regards - Mike

[quote="Highsky"]Hey guys

Well i reinstalled it and skipped doing 4.08 again, reason being HSFX does that right?"
NOPE

Tell me about it, I forgot to install 4.08 first, i went straight for 4.09.... Bad, bad move!

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:Tell me about it, I forgot to install 4.08 first, i went straight for 4.09.... Bad, bad move!

So that's the problem I'm having aswell! Thanks for saying that. (Now I will spend hours backing up all of my skin and mission files that would altogether of taken days to make... :evil: )