Patching Fuselage gaps in cockpit view ?

I am re-meshing the P47 cockpit,

One thing I want to do is fix the gap in the fuselage ( shown by the arrow):

[Image: cowlold.jpg]

by adding fuselage mesh to the cockpit file, and using a skin texture from the plane folder, I get this:

[Image: cowlnew.jpg]

This is what I want, but if a new skin is selected this new bit will no longer match the rest of the plane.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the texturing of a mesh, contained in the cockpit file, change along with the exterior textures when a new skin is selected?

I dont know the answer to that. The only reason I'm posting is because no one else has responded yet.

The only thing I can think to say is that you need to study what went on for the BF-109 All holes Solved mod. Did that fix get done throught the cockpit textures or the mesh on the whole plane. It has been done before. You need to contact who ever created those mods.

Sorry, I know that doesnt help. But I am not a modder or a 3d art grad. So I have no knowlege of these things. Goodluck

Bwt. the new cockpit looks good, the p47 needed it.

.. yep try to PM Hunin or Avala Big Grin

poncho

When you finish with the P-47's would you do the P-51's please. I've been hoping that someone would get around to doing this. Thanks

Slikk

I have discovered how to do this fuselage patching. The original Corsair model had the solution. It requires meshing a fuselage section to patch the gap and mapping to Gloss1D0o. The trick to getting the new mesh to match the external skin is to add a "Reflect Plane Mats" statement to the cockpit class file. I would request that modders who are working on cockpits with serious missing fuselage issues ( e.g. BF109, BF110, P40, P51) consider this technique.