bullet holes

hi all i was wondering how i could add "bullet holes" to my modell aircraft

thanks in advance

spitfire13 Wrote:hi all i was wondering how i could add "bullet holes" to my modell aircraft

thanks in advance

Paint them on.

There are several methods. One is to use a straight pin that has been heated to a red tip and gently "poke" holes where you want them. Another method is to use a pin vise, a small hand powered drill, to slowly drill holes. There are problably a dozen or more methods. Most model building sites ususally have articles written by the model builders explaining the methods they used to build and detail their models.

My suggestion would be to read, read, read.

Here's another tip I used to use if you want good looking bullet holes decide were you want them before you put the model together,thin the plastic were your going to place them you can thin it to were you can almost see through it then take a pen or something with a sharp edge and gently poke holes in the plastic from the inside out.It make the plastic look like real metal doing it this way.

To model is to "Model" you want realism. Hot needles work real good but there is a way that someone showed me, and did it turn out great!

1. Plan where your hits are to be placed, and by what???

2. Research actual hits

3. Now before the model is assembled (or painted) thin the plastic from behind until it is thin. Thin like paper. You can use a dremel tool (watch the heat!) or sand paper.

4. careful not to damage the out side skin, the point is to model aircraft aluminum to scale.

5. use a cold pin to Punch through the thinned skin of varying shapes and sizes, taking into account the angle of deflection, whole panels being torn, rivets ripped out of spars...etc. Making the metal look dented and torn and jagged adds a dimension of realism.

6. look and see what is believable and accurate. I have seen guys model the inside structure after panels are ripped out...great stuff..

7. Use paint to show aluminum because the pain was blasted off.

Fabric cover is a whole nother ball game!
Try to steer away from bright silver for aluminum. "Steel" works pretty good.

Hope this helps!

Oh practice, research and practice some more,,,,Read and use accurate colors.

Good Luck and have fun

if you are using a drill, try heating it, and don't drill the hole way through, go about 3/4 of the way through, than just push the rest of the way through.