Heinkel He 111 H-6

Hey guys.

I'm new to the Scale Model Forum.

I don't have alot of experience with modeling, but i did it before with succes (ish)

Well, today i bought the Heinkel He 111 H-6 from Revell
and i'm gonna build it tomorrow morning after i get out of bed :lol:

any tips in advance?

Greetings

Man139

I guess you're in the same boat as me, unfortunately my He-111 was the victim of a moving crate accident, so I won't be completing it as it's gone to the great plastic place in the sky..

Best advice I can give is to take your time, and browse other scale model forums to pick up some tips and tricks. Offcourse a post such as this helps a bit too :wink:

Have fun!

Post some work-in-progress pictures, man.

Also show us some photos of the box and trees, they couldn't hurt. Something i have learned time and time again is DON'T LOOSE PARTS, i have finally gotten to the point where i can keep track of all the parts, and my models look so much better. Once i managed to (temperately thank god) loose the elevator from a 1/72 EF-111, but found it.

man139 Wrote:Hey guys.

I'm new to the Scale Model Forum.

I don't have alot of experience with modeling, but i did it before with succes (ish)

Well, today i bought the Heinkel He 111 H-6 from Revell
and i'm gonna build it tomorrow morning after i get out of bed :lol:

any tips in advance?

Greetings

Man139

I bought that model a while ago and built it. It was a really good model in general, and was my favorite I've built but there were some fiddly parts. The landing gear is extremely fragile, I accidently cut one of the struts and had to melt it back together over a candle in order for it to support the plane. Also on my model the fuselage was ever-so-slightly warped so the halves of the fuselage didn't quite fit. This caused me a lot of trouble in attaching the nose to the fuselage. That's about all I can think of, but be careful whilst painting the nose rivets and supports so you don't paint over the glass. I used scotch tape to cover the clear plastic bits while I painted the paintscheme on. Good luck!

well, i'll be starting tomorrow, and i will make pictures of it when it is in progress Smile

i guess i'll be going at it for a week, as i want it to be the best model I ever build.

i got the choise for different paintscemes, but i wan't to make a very realistic one.

if anybody got any pictures of a HE 111 its greatly appreciated as a guideline for my model :mrgreen:

and, i want to make it look worn, can i add effects(like the grey areas around the exhausts) with a peace of charcoal, or a wooden pencil?

i think i'm going for an all painted model, exept the Geschwader Insignia.

got the choise between KG 26, KG 4, or the plane Oberstleutnant Kuhlmey flew in(Schlachtgeschwader 2)

or even a night bomber?

and should i make bullet holes in it?

every tip, hint, or warning is greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Man 139

[Image: he111-3.jpg]

[Image: He111_ES122_1.jpg]

[Image: He111TakingOff230.jpg]

[Image: He111run.jpg]

[Image: he111ray.jpg]

hope these help

man139 Wrote:well, i'll be starting tomorrow, and i will make pictures of it when it is in progress Smile

i guess i'll be going at it for a week, as i want it to be the best model I ever build.

i got the choise for different paintscemes, but i wan't to make a very realistic one.

if anybody got any pictures of a HE 111 its greatly appreciated as a guideline for my model :mrgreen:

and, i want to make it look worn, can i add effects(like the grey areas around the exhausts) with a peace of charcoal, or a wooden pencil?

i think i'm going for an all painted model, exept the Geschwader Insignia.

got the choise between KG 26, KG 4, or the plane Oberstleutnant Kuhlmey flew in(Schlachtgeschwader 2)

or even a night bomber?

and should i make bullet holes in it?

every tip, hint, or warning is greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Man 139
KG64 please Big Grin pick the 6 from KG26 and 4 from KG4 :wink:

spitfire13 Wrote:[Image: he111-3.jpg]

[Image: He111_ES122_1.jpg]

[Image: He111TakingOff230.jpg]

[Image: He111run.jpg]

[Image: he111ray.jpg]

hope these help

i sertainly will have a closer look at the third one Big Grin

maybe, anyone got info on how many missions those flew, then i can add 1 bomb for every mission on the tail or somewhere else :lol:

i started first thing tomorrow after breakfast, and in 2 hours i only managed to get the cockpit gleued Confusedhock:

but i go on without question Smile

Greetings,

your welcome the 305th helps each other out