[MOD]L-5 Arty Spotter

Nice addition! New spice to this ever growing arsenal :wink:

Sounds like a lot of fun! Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work. I added the line properly to my air.ini, but I'm using UP 2.0's buttons. Might that be the problem?

Great mod, checkyersix!
It is a completely new experience to use artillery instead of bombs, but I think some kind of reticle would be great!
One question: Which smoke mod do you use? I've tried lots of things with smokemods, but your explode- and smoke effects look really great.

Thanks for this great mod!
Eagle

Humberto G Wrote:CY6

One little problem, thought, you could fire one or two rounds, normally after that you belong to the undertaker.

true, that's because the AI doesn't make any difference between the planes: during the war everybody dug in when they heard a lil observer like the L-5 or the L-4, as they knew they were artillery spotters, and shooting at them would have given the position away.. still, that would have been the last place I would have liked to fight from, where everything between the enemy and your arse was a bit of canvas and tin! Confusedhock:

A.

I have the original L-5 mod, and that worked fine. But with this one-big surprise- crash at 60%. Any thoughts?

60% Crash is a buttons problem, usually, though I'm not sure why this would cause that, as it uses the L-5 FM...

Perhaps try installing SAS buttons as a test?

Hi all,

This sounds like a really fun mod. Unfortunately I am having the same problem a couple others are having - crash at 60%. It happens on both versions I have installed - UI 1.1 and UI 1.2.

I don't know if this will help anyone diagnose the problem, but the crash only seems to occur once I have added the air.ini line. My game will still start up with the L-5A folder placed in the MODS folder as long as the necessary line in the air.ini has not been added. Of course, not having the line added to the air.ini means that even though the game will start, the L-5A is not available.

March Hare

This has been alot of fun in my KTO MDS. Thx alot !! Appreciate all your work :wink: :wink:

Excellent!!!! THANKS!!!! Big Grin

March_Hare009 Wrote:Hi all,

This sounds like a really fun mod. Unfortunately I am having the same problem a couple others are having - crash at 60%. It happens on both versions I have installed - UI 1.1 and UI 1.2.

I don't know if this will help anyone diagnose the problem, but the crash only seems to occur once I have added the air.ini line. My game will still start up with the L-5A folder placed in the MODS folder as long as the necessary line in the air.ini has not been added. Of course, not having the line added to the air.ini means that even though the game will start, the L-5A is not available.

March Hare

Do you have the original L-5 Stinson by Flakiten? This mod requires that one to be installed also.

60% Crash is almost always a buttons problem. Try using SAS buttons, I don't think the Stinson is included in UI...

IL-2 crashes when choosing this plane and clicking the Plane 1 tab in FMB .

Great fun...Thanks!
and easy to land on a road and rearm with MDS...even in the QMB Tongue

Absoutely wonderful, I love it. Big Grin

[Image: Barrage.jpg]

Just one little problem, it crashes FMB if you try to select skins. Sad

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

looks like great fun but coud you upload it to file front? i cant download off mediafire. Sad

No problems here, no crash in FMB, nothing.

So thanks for this addition !!!

This is my addition for the plane_ru.properties :

L-5A L-5A Sentinel "Artillery", 1941

Simple...

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.