[Mod] DSM - Distant Sounds Mod

SlowBurn68 Wrote:I like it - But it's not worth getting rid of all stuff in my "files" folder.

You do not have to do it, just create a new folder in the MODS folder, preferably beginning with the letter "A", for example, "AASound".
And copy all files and folders from my "Files" folder in this folder.
But with this option installed, I admit that there may be conflicts with your other mods.
To uninstall just delete this new folder from your MODS folder. Try it.

@RedBatFlight (&all others)
I've been really sceptical when I first saw this mod.
I had some trouble with Tiger33's sound mod, and still suffered lots of crackle and pops - bad sound quality.

Now, i've tested your Distant Sounds Mod and i'm truly amazed. With your settings I lost all my bad sound quality and it all sounds great now! Thanks!

Now 1 thing I would like to request, is to upgrade/merge your excellent sound mod, with the variety of aircraft and sounds from Tiger33's mod. (His Hawker Tempest/Typhoon Napier Sabre engine sounds are better for example, aswell as the Beaufighter and BF109). Your mod supports alot of aircraft, but just not all that are in Tiger33's mod.
I love his sounds, but NOT his pre-recorded flyby's.
They might sound better - if you have airspeed - but I rather have a little less realistic flyby's that are depending on speed then pre-recorded once that sound weird if you flyby with the engine on idle (and it sounds like going full throttle).

But, in short; please keep up the good work, keep improving the sounds in this mod - and leave those odd classfiles out! Tongue

(this was also posted on SAS)

+10 with Eexhaton.Today is for me the best 44Khz soundmod, no craps problem no install problem but for the flyby sound motor and effects in F1 tiger is better (tiger have 22Khz, some crack, F1 limit with center vision). Maybe a "Sound Team" for the "ultimate 44Khz Soundmod"? However now is the 44Khz reference soundmod. Bravo Big Grin thanks !

Eexhaton Wrote:
tater718 Wrote:
saunders1953 Wrote:I'm just curious, but why wouldn't this be in the beta-mods section? There is an in-depth review of this mod by CirX...er, elsewhere, and while there are certainly some good things about this mod, there are some hinky things as well. I always understood that this section was for mods completely tested out by the admins here, with basically no caveats--unlike the beta section--but I don't get the feeling they did on this one yet.

Just wondering. Thanks.

I have no idea if this mod will work in my UI game or not and I'm not going to find out.
If you are using UI 1.1(.1) or 1.2 I can tell you that it works.

And follow Aviatorsneah's advice on installing it, that way you won't ever touch your Files folder.

Aviatorsneah Wrote:to install...this is what i did:

1) create new folder in MODS folder and call it whatever you want... i just called it 'soundmod'
2) copy 'presets' and 'samples' into that folder
3) thats it!

Great, cheers m8 Wink

But...I am using tigers mod successfully, so how can I merge the two together? Wink

I am quite impressed with your first attempt at modding, Mr. Bat. It shows great promise and I'm looking forward to future renditions. I especially like the distant gunfire sounds.

GeneralPsycho Wrote:Wonderful mod! I do like the Tiger33 sounds much much more, but is there a way where we combine the Tiger33's sounds with having the athmosphere where this sound mod? I am been trying to swap sound samples, sound presets, and bunch of other files, but to no avail. Sad
I did it and OH MY GOD!I''m still testing it but I can tell you honestly the results so far are awe inspiring.

Cool vid- I'll give it a try 8)

Thanks!

Triad

el bradipo Wrote:+10 with Eexhaton.Today is for me the best 44Khz soundmod, no craps problem no install problem but for the flyby sound motor and effects in F1 tiger is better (tiger have 22Khz, some crack, F1 limit with center vision). Maybe a "Sound Team" for the "ultimate 44Khz Soundmod"? However now is the 44Khz reference soundmod. Bravo Big Grin thanks !

Aren't only half the sounds 44Khz?

Gumpy Wrote:
GeneralPsycho Wrote:Wonderful mod! I do like the Tiger33 sounds much much more, but is there a way where we combine the Tiger33's sounds with having the athmosphere where this sound mod? I am been trying to swap sound samples, sound presets, and bunch of other files, but to no avail. Sad
I did it and OH MY GOD!I''m still testing it but I can tell you honestly the results so far are awe inspiring.

Spill please! Big Grin

What is concrete sounds from Tigers mod you wish to see in my mod?
At once I wish to tell, that the "fly-by sounds" there will not be.

Works great on UP 2.0!

Thanks for putting this together 8)

Triad

philip.ed Wrote:
Gumpy Wrote:

Spill please! Big Grin

Please! +1

Try this:

make a new folder in you mods folder and give it any title, preferable a title like 0_DSM so that is goes before tiger's mod.
Now, drop DSM's Presets and samples folders in this one. Done! Tes it out report back. I did this, and it worked but I think I prefer Tiger's engine sounds.
However....the guns sounds on this were beautiful. Is there any way to merge them?

So Redbat, a question from me: I'd love to see this merged with Tiger's mod and have your gun sounds and maybe your fly-by's as well. The reason I prefer Tiger's engine sounds is because they are louder, but maybe I installed this wrong so I didn't get the best from it? Wink

philip.ed Wrote:So Redbat, a question from me: I'd love to see this merged with Tiger's mod and have your gun sounds and maybe your fly-by's as well. The reason I prefer Tiger's engine sounds is because they are louder, but maybe I installed this wrong so I didn't get the best from it? Wink
If you use my mod together with a tiger it is natural loudness level can to differ strongly. I adjusted sound level under harmonious sounding and a combination with others sounds, the Tiger also did it, but at combination it can appear that Tigers sounds of engines too loud on-comparison with mine...
I can add Tiger's sounds of engines in DSM, but it is necessary to forget about its fly-by sounds, I think in mine mod they will be superfluous.

RedBatflight Wrote:
philip.ed Wrote:So Redbat, a question from me: I'd love to see this merged with Tiger's mod and have your gun sounds and maybe your fly-by's as well. The reason I prefer Tiger's engine sounds is because they are louder, but maybe I installed this wrong so I didn't get the best from it? Wink
If you use my mod together with a tiger it is natural loudness level can to differ strongly. I adjusted sound level under harmonious sounding and a combination with others sounds, the Tiger also did it, but at combination it can appear that Tigers sounds of engines too loud on-comparison with mine...
I can add Tiger's sounds of engines in DSM, but it is necessary to forget about its fly-by sounds, I think in mine mod they will be superfluous.
Tiger33's flyby's sound great, but they are fake.

I rather have flyby sounds like in Distant Sounds Mod, that are not as great, but atleast scale with airspeed and other factors. Smile