Thread Closed

Modern Jet Fighters

Guys, do you have to get off topic in every thread? Garn..

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

P/O W. 'Moggy' Cattermole Wrote:Guys, do you have to get off topic in every thread? Garn..

Let us have our randomness with just this 1 please... Its not TOTALLY random, so I think its fine.

...the only stuff i find random in this thread is some of the ridiculous posts by those opposed to this.
things like making blunt statements,eg: the FM is IMPOSSIBLE...blabla...can't be done in IL2...blabla....those are cold, hard STATEMENTS.....and then the guy ends off his post by saying; this is only my opinion....... :roll:
i mean, honestly, how retarded is that?...hmm?
and this coming from guys who want to argue this with some of the top IL2 mod Java gurus there are, who have helped to give you endless new mod planes, and proven repeatedly that the impossible actually IS possible.....honestly, i don't know whether to laugh or cry.... :?
my apologies in advance here, Moggy, i hate getting into these pointless discussions, but i also can't stand idly by and let these silly comments go unanswered.
you might consider locking this soon, because some guys here just don't know when to stop...
my final thoughts: i hope we see these kind of planes in the future...I want an F-4 Phantom, to go up against Moggy's Tornado.... 8) :wink:

I want the ultimate hot rod Smile...MiG25 Big Grin

EnsignRo Wrote:I want the ultimate hot rod Smile...MiG25 Big Grin

Forget the Foxbat, I want the SR-71 Blackbird. Did you know that because of the type of engines on the SR-71 means that the faster it goes, the more fuel efficient it is? OH OH OH! I want the mach 3 interceptor variant, the A-12.

I think this would be very awesome, and about the fm, i think we could give it a fm
of the Mig-17's (or F-86F's). And I would be happy with tiny-tims instead of sidewinders.
Now it would not be historical, but i think it would be fun. Smile

BlueAngel01 Wrote:I think this would be very awesome, and about the fm, i think we could give it a fm
of the Mig-17's (or F-86F's). And I would be happy with tiny-tims instead of sidewinders.
Now it would not be historical, but i think it would be fun. Smile

Don't worry, he'll get it done with a realistic FM...

European snake, no, you are not having this thread as the one to make random posts, sorry. To tell you the truth, I've been thinking about it, and actually having a spray and pray thread specifically for you all to spout the randomness that I know you all posess might be an idea.. Only thing is, by having a thread for such randomness, I reckon no one would use it, as it'd no longer constitute going off topic! Also, gents don't turn this into a requests thread either, ok?

This thread has a genuine point, this guy is hoping to get those models in game. I cannot see them as being anything more than harmless fun, so why not? People can take them or leave them. You think all the servers that people fear it would break would run them?! I honestly can't. This is not the same as owl, and I ask, who are we to determine what people can and can't try to import into this game? As I've said, I wish him the best of luck with this endeavor, and I'm sure the majority of our less vocal part of the community do as well.

Malone, I ken where you're coming from mate, so don't worry about it.

Gents as a final thing, aircraft used to blow up before they hit mach one, and now I appear to be able to sweep past bomber formations at 800mph if I want; much of what wasn't possible before now now is. Look at the MDS by Zuti; keep an eye out for some of the gems that Monguse is working on. I've heard it said by some who are definitely in the know that amphibians, which can land on sea and land, are not impossible; if someone can devote enough time to it (time, of course being that distinctly rare commodity) then it could well be possible.

Give the objections a rest, please?

Gents, this thread has now been cleaned of most of the rubbish that was cluttering it, let's not make me have to clean it again! European Snake, I owe you an apology, having read through this you're not a naysayer, so my apologies for having accused you of being one.

Question about the expected FM issues? Wouldn't it be easier to work up from the Sabre and Mig that we have instead of trying the jump? That's what I was getting at before... Planes like the one below and the others I mentioned before had very interesting characteristics that would be difficult to capture since this would require expanding the capabilities again.

[Image: 800px-Lockheed_F-104A_of_the_83rd_Fighte...h_Able.jpg]

It just seems logical to build up instead of skipping stories altogether. I think it would be great to expand to have the F-100-NA, F-104-LO, F7U, Mig 19, and the Mig 21, but I do think we should start there at a minimum before pushing into the modern age. It just makes sense to go that way. The more recent planes are, the faster and more complicate they are. Sure, if you can do it, then go for it, I'm just concerned. I mean, can you realistically make the FM for a Fighting Falcon or are we looking at putting a YP-80 FM with an General Dynamic F-16 Block Whatever body?

I'll second Photographer's word, but what's started has already begun. No use stopping it till we're done with the Hornet.

I'd love an F-100 and a Crusader.

Make a list of the things you think it's impossible to make in IL2' fm.

EnsignRo Wrote:Make a list of the things you think it's impossible to make in IL2' fm.

I have no list. I think its all possible. I just think it'd be nice to do the full progression of aircraft.

Anyway, I got him interested in the F-104 so I think thats in the pipe.

Well, this is interesting.
Its a whole new twist on the Il-2 game and aircraft. I am all for it.

So far IL-2 is... World War One... World War Two... "What if" 1946... Korean War...
Middle East war 1948... Pretty soon we

Off the top of my head would be the Sabre dance to start, but I guess you would be an authority on the subject of FM's in IL2. If you say it can be done, then so be it... I look forward to a F-104A-LO, but I hope that there are the rest of those planes I listed from 1954 and 1955 to go with it. I'm sure that there are others, but I'm not overly familiar with Italian, French, or South American aircraft of the period.
Thread Closed