[update]Default map upgrade pack v3 + Building textures v2

Vpmedia,

I can not download the file from filefront, could you please confirm the download link is working? It just keeps returning me to the main download page.

regards

slipper

... just gave it a try for you, link works for me .... Confusedhock:

Vpmedia Wrote:Btw I dont understand why are you so emotional about this issue,
in fact you could correct it yourself instead of complaining like a little girl...

As you are a fabulous historical aircraft skiner, I think that you was a historical buildings skinner too. But I was in the wrong.

Vpmedia Wrote:in fact you could correct it yourself
It's already done for a long time.

Bye.

Right CT.. as was always understood, this is a generic improvement to many of the buildings skins etc.. it's not a poke at your national heritage or a slur on the building in question.. As with all mods, if you don't like it, don't use it.. Not only that, you can omit that particular skin and continue to use the rest of the mod, it's not rocket science.
Do not start having a go at the modders just because you see things in a different light... Please, end this nonsence now.

Trooper117 Wrote:Please, end this nonsence now.

Yes, imagine Tower bridge painted in blue !!! It's the same thing and it's a nonsense too !

It is not tragic. It's only about a video game !! Big Grin

BYE.

Thanks vpmedia. These packs make it so much fun to fly low through the village Big Grin

Hi VPmedia,

I'm having some problems with the Normandy map in offline campaign mode - not sure whether or not it is my computer playing up though.

Basically, on the first attempt, it gives a landscape loading/normandy/load1.ini fail message, and on the second attempt, it loads up the airfield, but with no ground textures beneath (just black), with the aircraft crashing at once.

Was wondering if anyone else had reported the same issues? Or whether it really is just my computer grinding itself to a halt More importantly, can anyone think of any solutions?

Very many thanks,

Chris

Can anyone post some screenshots please of the new textures? I want to try this, but I have so many other map-textures installed that I am not keen to meddle with things until I like what I am downloading. I love VP's work, but I don't get a lot of time to fly Il-2 these days so I want to see what I am downloading first Big Grin

OK, gotta admit. Not smart. But I can't find a readme. Can someone tell me how I install these? I have some ideas, but I fear messing up my game. I am seldom correct when trying to do something on my own, without guidance from you guys, who know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Thank you for any help.

Bob Holmes Wrote:OK, gotta admit. Not smart. But I can't find a readme. Can someone tell me how I install these? I have some ideas, but I fear messing up my game. I am seldom correct when trying to do something on my own, without guidance from you guys, who know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Thank you for any help.

can you extract a zip file into your game folder? thats the install process....

c_jephcott Wrote:Hi VPmedia,

I'm having some problems with the Normandy map in offline campaign mode - not sure whether or not it is my computer playing up though.

Basically, on the first attempt, it gives a landscape loading/normandy/load1.ini fail message, and on the second attempt, it loads up the airfield, but with no ground textures beneath (just black), with the aircraft crashing at once.

Was wondering if anyone else had reported the same issues? Or whether it really is just my computer grinding itself to a halt More importantly, can anyone think of any solutions?

Very many thanks,

Chris

all 3 Normandy maps work just fine for me

Really strange, but after that, all of the maps suddenly started doing it too. So I've had no option other than to remove the mod for the timebeing until I can think of a solution behind it.

And they were working perfectly up until then too!

So you problem is that each map loads only for the second time and then they got no airfield textures?
Whats you game version and what mod pack are you using?

Normandy map works OK for me.
But NWEurope map always fails to load.

Dornil Wrote:Normandy map works OK for me.
But NWEurope map always fails to load.

QUICK FIX FOR NWEUROPE load problem:

open the file C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\_VP_MAPMODS_v3_2010\maps\nweurope\load.ini

change the line

Country1 = land/summer/fm/_countries.tga

to

Country1 = land/summer/countries.tga