[update]Default map upgrade pack v3 + Building textures v2

Vpmedia Wrote:
Bob Holmes Wrote:OK, gotta admit. Not smart. But I can't find a readme. Can someone tell me how I install these? I have some ideas, but I fear messing up my game. I am seldom correct when trying to do something on my own, without guidance from you guys, who know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Thank you for any help.

can you extract a zip file into your game folder? thats the install process....

I hope you didn't think I was saying you weren't smart for not giving a readme. Far from it. It's me that isn't very smart for not being able to figure out what to do with mods generally. But I gotta ask - the file isn't a zip file, but an rar one, at least mine is. Do I just take the two files provided, once extracted, and merely put them into my game's main folder? That sounds way to simple. Got to remember, I'm old (67) and really not very smart, so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, and I apologize if it sounded like I was being sarcastic or something. :oops:

Quote:QUICK FIX FOR NWEUROPE load problem:
Thank you very much! It worked OK.

Bob Holmes Wrote:
Vpmedia Wrote:
Bob Holmes Wrote:OK, gotta admit. Not smart. But I can't find a readme. Can someone tell me how I install these? I have some ideas, but I fear messing up my game. I am seldom correct when trying to do something on my own, without guidance from you guys, who know a heck of a lot more than I do.

Thank you for any help.

can you extract a zip file into your game folder? thats the install process....

I hope you didn't think I was saying you weren't smart for not giving a readme. Far from it. It's me that isn't very smart for not being able to figure out what to do with mods generally. But I gotta ask - the file isn't a zip file, but an rar one, at least mine is. Do I just take the two files provided, once extracted, and merely put them into my game's main folder? That sounds way to simple. Got to remember, I'm old (67) and really not very smart, so I need all the help I can get.

Thanks, and I apologize if it sounded like I was being sarcastic or something. :oops:

My apologies! I didnt meant to be unpolite...but the install process is that you need to extract the rar (youre right not zip, because rar makes smaller archives) into your game folder which is by default: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\
This will create a MODS folder if isnt already there (with HSFX for example) with two subfolders inside. The rest happens automatic and its really that simple. The only way to mess up the process is to extract the rar to the wrong location. Please feel free to ask any further questions, I'm happy to help. Smile

Cheers
IStvan

**UPDATE** 25/04/2010

Please install:

http://www.filefront.com/15677629/nweur ... _patch.RAR

Looking forward to trying this out, thanks for the effort, some of us appreciate how hard it is to make things with little appreciation sometimes!

Blimey, 182mb.....good job work pays for my Broadband Wink

Cheers, MP

IStvan, you certainly weren't unpolite. You guys here in this forum have always been more than helpful. I wouldn't be playing the game, successfully, in its current form (modded) if it weren't for your assistance. I certainly appreciate it. Sometime I feel really stupid asking my questions, but I just bite the bullet and do it anyway. And someone always answers.

Thank you again.

Hi VPMedia,

My problem is sorted - basically somehow or other, I'd managed to disable to mod switcher software, which caused it to run in 4.08 without mods enabled.

I've now resolved it and it works fine!

Many thanks again,
Chris

Any pictures of the map textures? Big Grin

My current plan is to record somekind of a clip showing the more interesting maps,
but I need to learn everything related to videomaking cause I got 0% experience Smile

Vpmedia Wrote:My current plan is to record somekind of a clip showing the more interesting maps,
but I need to learn everything related to videomaking cause I got 0% experience Smile

LOL, OK thanks m8 Big Grin

It takes literaly 2 mins to back up your old mapmods folder, install this mod, and have a quick fly around on the maps, if you don't like, just put the old mapmods folder back in.. :mrgreen:

Trooper117 Wrote:It takes literaly 2 mins to back up your old mapmods folder, install this mod, and have a quick fly around on the maps, if you don't like, just put the old mapmods folder back in.. :mrgreen:

D'oh! Why didn't I think of that? (it's a rhetorical question BTW Big Grin ) OK, good idea m8, will-do :mrgreen:

Vpmedia Wrote:My current plan is to record somekind of a clip showing the more interesting maps,

see mysticpuma on that one of the greatest il2 video makers I have seen

Hey,
I'm getting a problem with Iwo Jima.

The error message I get is:

Mission Loading Failed: Landscape 'Iwo/load.ini' loading error

It's on both Iwo and Iwo online when I try to load them into FMB.

I'll try to mess around with the ini file, but thought I would let the creator know about this issue as well.

thanks for reporting...

open the last line of the ini files and delete :

"land/summer/avala/avalabeach.tga,4 //"

I will reupload a fixed verion soon....