Thread Closed

Spitfire F. Mk. IX...

Well I thought I'd better get my arse in gear and actually finish a project. I've been away from IL-2 for almost a year but always knew I'd end up back again (I don't know what it is about this sim). I started digging up old meshes and threw most of them in the bin because to be honest they were crap. So I've started work on the early Mk. IX from scratch and barring a couple of bits and pieces she's basically done. New cannon blisters, short carburettor intake and exhaust stacks have been done. I've given the armoured windscreen a bit more taper towards the top and added the older style rear-view mirror (looks a bit small in the screenshots - will be fixed). I've still to do the shorter horn balances on the elevators, a bit of LOD work and then mark up some mapping changes for SparrowThree. Sparrow is very kindly working on the template for this project and that's his superb Gabreski skin in the screenshots. I'll also be able to use some of these meshes for other Spitfire marks so expect a bit of an update for the Mk. Vc (probably before this is finished). That's it for now... :wink:

[Image: grab0000.jpg]

[Image: grab0003.jpg]

[Image: grab0002.jpg]

Im amazed! Shes Beautiful! Thanks GBrutus! She looks Great! Smile

Very nice, but also who's the babe!!!

looking great Gbrutus.

I couldn't tell from the screenshots, are you reworking the tail as well?

Hi Redcanuck,

I'm reworking the horn balances for the elevators, the rest of the tail section will be stock parts from the Mk. Vc.

Awesome man :!:

Another shot from a different angle...

[Image: grab0000-1.jpg]

Yeah, thats the spitfire that I fell in love with as a kid.
I think that I made about a dozen models of the mk IX. 8)
And then I read Johnny Johnson's Wingleader. I've been a fan ever since.

That first screenshot looks amazing! Great stuff. 8)

Blue Skies, Happy Landings.

-Doodle

she is beautiful!!

Amazing!!! That's my favorite Spitfire! I'm really looking forward to this one...

Welcome back mate.

Cracking screenshots too.. Nice one!

Nice 3D model Smile

Just to let you know, there already is a Spitfire F Mk. IX in HSFX/UP but it shares the 3D of the standard Mk IXc Would be worth chatting to CharlieChap to get the classfiles altered to accept it. But it will definately be great to see it properly in game!

Beautiful work Confusedhock: Big Grin
Thread Closed