Won't even start.

When I install a mod, the game won't even attempt to start. So I re-install it. I have actually backed up il2fb.exe and il2.exe, and last time, I just replaced the mod's ones (which were bigger in size) with the old, backed up ones, and the game works fine.

Is this because I need '1946? I have Forgotten Battles, and all of the mods have the game folder select bit already filled in with ... 1946. It still installs if I change it to ...Forgotten Battles, but the game doesn't run. If I click on it furiously, I see the loading hourglass for a spil second, that's it.

flyboypuoi2 Wrote:When I install a mod, the game won't even attempt to start. ...Is this because I need '1946? I have Forgotten Battles, ...
Yes, you need 1946.

flyboypuoi2 Wrote:If I click on it furiously,.... .

this is also something that is not recommended......ever.....it can only cause problems, and will never solve any... :wink:

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
flyboypuoi2 Wrote:When I install a mod, the game won't even attempt to start. ...Is this because I need '1946? I have Forgotten Battles, ...
Yes, you need 1946.

Damn!!! I'm going to TRY...

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
Yes, you need 1946.

Are there any mods at all that are compatible with FB? I'd love to use some. I can never seem to mod anything... just like lock-on, I need a newer version (which means BUYING IT...)

flyboypuoi2 Wrote:...I need a newer version (which means BUYING IT...)
You can download from Ubisoft for 10 pounds:
http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?ca ... =871&id=16

You'll spend more than that on mice if you keep up that furious clicking thing you have going. :wink:

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
flyboypuoi2 Wrote:...I need a newer version (which means BUYING IT...)
You can download from Ubisoft for 10 pounds:
http://shop.ubi.com/Prod_ExtDesc.asp?ca ... =871&id=16

You'll spend more than that on mice if you keep up that furious clicking thing you have going. :wink:

Thanks for the advise, and, by the way, I was joking about the clicking bit.
Smile

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
Yes, you need 1946.

YES!!! I got it!!!
I GOT 1946!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin