[WIP] He 177A-5 - let me introduce you the german Griffon

There is a He177A5 about 80% done....

EnsignRo Wrote:There is a He177A5 about 80% done....

There is? I know someone started the 117 here last year and realised it was a tad hard and gave up Sad
Didnt think anyone else had taken that project up.

Any linkage?

No links yet....patience Smile

Sani, good news!!!

EnsignRo Wrote:No links yet....patience Smile
Smile Gotchya, will hurry up and wait it out then Big Grin

HELLYEAH we want He 177A-5 in the game
[Image: 30-451-10-15.jpg]

Nice! I like the planeBig Grin

...and I can

is true, intrigued by this statement, I did a little research and I discovered that a He 177 is already into the manufacturing line.
viewtopic.php?t=13844
But perhaps it would be better to use "was" instead of "is" owing to the fact that the author's last update was presented in April 2009 and the latest, unanswered request about the advancement status is dated December 2009. In my opinion the project is quite far from an 80% level of accomplishment.
The father of the project is flying_fat who was faster than Slow in starting the work (predictable and easy given the initial boundary conditions, excuse me the joke, I couldn't resist :winkSmile.
ASAP I will contact flying_fat about the current and real status, it seems to me silly and unfair working on a project that already has a parent. My error is due to a growing ageing-induced laziness :roll: and to a sudden burst of passion toward this "heavy" 8).

I know, I'm guilty but my "clandestine" work is progressing, the propeller's blades have been resized (too broad) and the fuselage croos-sections amended (accordingly to a more reliable blueprint).

greetings

Gianni

P.S.
rubens51 Wrote:So we are colleagues!
Not exactly, I left the AM after my 18 months of compulsory military service. A love affair, ahhh...good old times...

Gianni, I think he refers to another project, maybe a secret project.
Try to conctact Sani/EnsignRo at SAS:

I wouldn

Hi all, S!
Sorry for announcing you the death of my project :tongue:. At the Gofo's Flugzeuge Werk all plans have been already destroyed and jigs too Cry.
But don't worry, we will have our Greif, that's for sure Tongue . A team of guys, much more skilled than me, is at work, just a matter to be patient.

greetings

Gianni

BTW, AFAIK somebody is working on a Dornier Do 17 (Hawkman), but nobody seems oriented toward the Do 217. Please, let me know if I'm wrong before the first metal cutting for a Dornier Do 217E-4. Bye ladies (if any) and gentlemen

No, the Do217 is alredy done by 6

What about a Baltimore?

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Oh a Me 264 would be nice but since some else tried that too I doubt we will ever see that one either.