[WIP] He 177A-5 - let me introduce you the german Griffon

Plumps Wrote:Oh a Me 264 would be nice but since some else tried that too I doubt we will ever see that one either.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3596.0.html

It's being worked on Wink

My friend, Gofo's Flugzeuge Werk is not dead. There are yet so many great airplanes to create.
Don

Well if there is interest in a Do 24 which served various countries during WWII like Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Australia. I could supply detailed material inside and out as I have masses of material on that plane. But when you look alone how many wonderful large aircraft have been started and sounded very promising and then how many actually made it into the game......not very convincing....I think the only large plane added recently was the Halifax. The rest where single engine aircraft and a few twin engined ones. Of the single engined ones many are more just for filling the list, and less for actual flying.

Please : hold on and keep this project alive !!!
We need a He177 !!!
Hoping also it would include gliding bombs and early anti-shipping missiles.
Wink

WOW it looks like Ar-234 with propeller motors! :Smile)

Look here:

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,4355.0.html

Okay then, I should warn you that the 177 didn't live up to expectations on the account of the fact that its two Daimler-Benz engines had a tendency to catch fire when ran at full power too long, or when the pilot accelerated too fast. This was a major problem in the early models. For example: Feb.13, 1944, fourteen He-177's were going to bomb London from a base in Western France. The mission was a total disaster: one blew a tire while taxiing, eight came back with overheated or burning engines, and of the four that reached London, one was shot down by a British night fighter. However despite the failure of this one mission, the Greif had a lost rate below 10% during Operation Steinbock, making it one of the most survivable plane of the campaign.

Well I hope the model will look in the end more like this than that screenshot on that site you mentioned:
[Image: he177.f.jpg]

Well, it's just a WIP but it's a good WIP

Old 666 Wrote:Okay then, I should warn you that the 177 didn't live up to expectations on the account of the fact that its two Daimler-Benz engines had a tendency to catch fire when ran at full power too long, or when the pilot accelerated too fast. This was a major problem in the early models. For example: Feb.13, 1944, fourteen He-177's were going to bomb London from a base in Western France. The mission was a total disaster: one blew a tire while taxiing, eight came back with overheated or burning engines, and of the four that reached London, one was shot down by a British night fighter. However despite the failure of this one mission, the Greif had a lost rate below 10% during Operation Steinbock, making it one of the most survivable plane of the campaign.

Well if you look at the unit involved in the disastrous Steinbock operation (the example you gave) is that the unit had just gotten brand new aircraft which had not been broken in nor all the bugs worked out. IIRC the ground crews where not familiar with the aircraft as well...

repost from 1c yellow forum - http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flugze ... ckpit.html

Well, concering the Greif's cockpit, the HSFX Do 217K office is a good fit. The He 177 is one of my all time fav plane ever. As a friend said, it smells death! :mrgreen: