How to set real aircraft to be stationary

Hi all,

I was playing an old mission pack with some friends yesterday and in ALL of the missions there were real aircraft, not aircraft in the stationary aircraft menu, but real flyable aircraft parked in hangers and around the airfields. Is there anybody who knows how to do this? I tried giving them 0% fuel but they just de-spawn after about a minute. I think we were using MDS 1.01.

Thanks,
liamp51

'Would like to know it too. Have been asked but I am too lazy to search for it.

[9AF_404FG_508FS00]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.MXY_7
Fuel 100
weapons default
StartTime 5

[9AF_404FG_508FS00_Way]
TAKEOFF 29001.74 42138.53 0 0 &0
NORMFLY 28961.40 42085.39 444.00 444.00 &0

That's from a *.mis file from one of the missions, apparantly they have 100% fuel and have a takeoff and normfly waypoint, I think the way to make them not take off is to put a building or aircraft in their take-off path, and they'll just sit on the ground with engines on idle as long as the path is blocked... try that, it should work :wink:

You can test it by putting 2 aircraft's waypoints out in an open field, the first one having a takeoff waypoint and then a normfly waypoint in the direction you want it to face and the second one having the same waypoints but the opposite track, obviously they have to be close together for it to work....

Cheers
Arctic

there is a way to place aircraft on airbases and not have them take off using a blocker aircraft

Read this thread over at M4T, 4hccrashh has an excellent post on the second page of the thread that will tell you what you want to know

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... 5&start=15

Thanks for all the help, hope to have a mission using these various tricks available for download soon!Big Grin

Thanks!

Hi liamp51
For REAL aircraft to be placed ANYWHERE on Airfield OFF Runway you need a mod called
Airfield Radius Influence.
Link Below
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmmnrj2nryj
Regards
CM6