[WIP] Map Formosa v1

Re the coast problems, I ran the map through CoastAlign (just in case you'd put the wrong version in the download Confusedhock: ) but there's still masses of places that need editing by hand.

[Image: formosa06.jpg]

[Image: formosa08.jpg]

I found this too Sad :

[Image: formosa07.jpg]

Still a bit of work to do, but it will be a nice map when it's finished. Keep it going. :thumbsup:
:cheers:

I remade the map_C files and table thing and ran the the coast align utility on a new mymap_c also ... I don't think I included the mymap_c.tga file in the original download so running a coast align utility wouldn't be of much use I think ... unless there are several ways to use it. In any case, I made a whole new mymap_c.tga and used that one. I think I blurred it far less than in the first version.

Here are the new files for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddt1zjywiej

I looked at quite a number of places on the east and west coasts and panned around at sea-level, but didn't see any of the mis-alignments as in the above screenshots. So I hope this will help out.

Before installing please backup your old files first of course and if possible let me know if this helps.

Mmmm...same problem than Hankow...all fine in fmb but unable to save, and no missing object in actor checker...

cgagan have you the same problem?

i guess you guys have all UP2.0 or HSFX installed ?

redko Wrote:i guess you guys have all UP2.0 or HSFX installed ?

I use UP2.0 and I have never regretted it ... but just as an update, last night I did some updating with the field textures for Hankow (the ones currently used aren't really as they should be) and anyway when trying to fly a mission, I had to exit the FMB several times before I could fly and save a mission in Hankow ... that also happens every now and then in the Hejaz map too. Now I have no idea what causes that but it doesn't seem to be anything permanent ...

agracier Wrote:
redko Wrote:i guess you guys have all UP2.0 or HSFX installed ?

I use UP2.0 and I have never regretted it ... but just as an update, last night I did some updating with the field textures for Hankow (the ones currently used aren't really as they should be) and anyway when trying to fly a mission, I had to exit the FMB several times before I could fly and save a mission in Hankow ... that also happens every now and then in the Hejaz map too. Now I have no idea what causes that but it doesn't seem to be anything permanent ...

And you get that ONLY with changing textures ?? :???: strange...

redko Wrote:
agracier Wrote:And you get that ONLY with changing textures ?? :???: strange...

No, it has nothing to do with textures. It's just something that happens every now and then. I don't know what causes it either, except that sometimes on Hankow or Hejaz, the game won't save and fly.

If I exit the FMB, go back in and choose another map, fly something (short) and then go back to Hankow or Hejaz and try again, it usually does save and fly.

It's totally illogical and should not happen, but it does.

Luckily I've lots of maps and prefer to use maps other than my own anyway ... so it's not like I'm deprived of flying opportunities ... ha ha.

It is annoying though.

mmm..

maybe you should work on 4.091bm (with unified installers 1 and 2) to create your maps and not with an UP2.0 install. when a map is created for 4.091bm there no problems then with futhers packs you just have to install missing objects. if you work on your maps under UP2.0 or HSFX it's possible there are some things you can't master completly...

just an idea. but i agree....this seems to be completly illogical.

redko Wrote:mmm..

maybe you should work on 4.091bm (with unified installers 1 and 2) to create your maps and not with an UP2.0 install. when a map is created for 4.091bm there no problems then with futhers packs you just have to install missing objects. if you work on your maps under UP2.0 or HSFX it's possible there are some things you can't master completly...

Ahhh, but I do have a map-maker as version 4.09m, just as you describe ... this must have something to do with importing templates or groups of objects from other maps. I think you can import non-installed objects into the map-maker and save the map, but afterwards in another version there can be problems ...

agracier Wrote:
redko Wrote:mmm..

Ahhh, but I do have a map-maker as version 4.09m, just as you describe ... this must have something to do with importing templates or groups of objects from other maps. I think you can import non-installed objects into the map-maker and save the map, but afterwards in another version there can be problems ...

I work on an unadulterated HSFX 4.1 for mapbuilding. All of the new maps included in HSFX have been released here on AAA, thus there should be no missing objects or textures from those maps and it simplifies the process of deciding which Object Pack is needed, as most of them are already included. I have a seperate HSFX install for map testing in order to keep the building one clean. I wouldn't use UP for mapbuilding as it is more likely to be have been excesiively customised - there are mods in there that folk may or may not have if using HSFX or the UI.
Seeing as HSFX underpins UP, I find it the best place to start. Any map created with HSFX should work with UP as well.

Of course, I am slightly biased Confusedhock: , as anything I produce will go straight into HSFX 4.2. Big Grin

:cheers:

I can't get this map to load on my new version of HSFX 5.01 Whats the skinny?

Anyone have any ideas? I tried changing the wood. The FMB tells me landscape error with the load.ini

Fixed!

I used these lines from the Vietnam Map because the colors worked well together. I need access to this map for a Campaign I'm building. I'm using HSFX 5.0 patched. (5.01?)

[WOOD]
Wood0 = forest/summer/Jungle0.tga
Wood1 = forest/summer/sk_Wood1.tga
Wood2 = forest/summer/sk_Wood2.tga
Wood3 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood4.tga
Wood4 = Italy_DF/forest/summer/itawood4.tga
WoodMask2 = forest/summer/ForestMask.tga
WoodMask3 = forest/summer/ForestMask2.tga
WoodMiniMasks = forest/summer/MiniMask.tga
SideWood = forest/summer/ForestSide.tga

[APPENDIX]
HighClouds = Clouds256.tga