A suggestion Re: AAA Forum

Something that's been bugging me for a while now:

Please if it is possible to change the current forum skin / color scheme or at least provide an alternative one, the current combo is good at night when the light is low but for the most of the day i have direct light here which makes reading the forums very hard.

Bright background with dark text would do so much better!

Thanks in advance!

Yes, thats also my problem !
I will lose my eyesight here next time.
Please help...

Moved to the right area.

HH_Cipher Wrote:Moved to the right area.
Thanks.

Yeah, nice idea. Maybe not Blue+white+black but Green? SAS uses blue.

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Yeah, nice idea. Maybe not Blue+white+black but Green? SAS uses blue.

as long as the background color is light and font color dark the third color can be whatever you like - green, red, purple...

+1

If you go into your profile, and click on the dropdown box that says "Board Style" you can change the red on the page to green. but thats it at the moment.

We have been through all of this before with different combinations and guess what?.. We still kept this one.
It does give us our own individual style of course.. we wouldn't want to look like any other would we now..

Hi,

No matter what board style is standard, there will always be people who want something else. This is why we and other websites provide a choice in your Profile settings. 8)

gents, I willconfess tobeing useless with photoshop, but If you want to come up with suggestions we can see if it's possible to come up with alternate skins. i promise nothing, I'll have to have a shufti in the admin panel to see if we can keep this skin and give people the chance to alternate it. Ilike this skin though if I'm honest.

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Cattermole, Welcome from vacation!

The board style which we have with the black background allows the largest possibility of color options for someone who creates a post. Naturally, some more options for the minority who don't like it would be very considerate.

I thought there was the option once to have different skins? But I don't think it really caught on.

Welcome back m8! Big Grin

if i recall, i think we did try with a greenish skin, grey with green.. I think... Or maybe my 18 year old mind has hit senality already. Dunno.

Errrrm. Well, having looked around, I created my own skin. It was rubbish. Looks like it'll take a lot of trial and error to do.

Colours are hexadecimal, any idea how to change fonts? Do I just type a name or anything? eg ariel black? Or comic_sans or something?

Basic'ly, I can change the style, but I'm not entirely sure how to do this well.

Annoying the annoying, so you don't have to.
[Image: 29p95pf.gif]

Nah, Cattermole, all you have to do is set your browser to display the webpage code and change the existing one. You are trying different color numbers of the code and trial and error might be the best way to go, however, I have seen examples of color samples on the InterNet.