Hankow Map - Total Retexturing

redko Wrote:
agracier Wrote:nou eige'lijk misschien wel, maar ik woon niet in Nederland, wel net iets ten zuiden d'rvan ... ha ha.

Which means :???: :???:

It means: "Well, actually I do, but I don't live in the Netherlands, but a bit more to the south....ha ha."

As far as I know he lives in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium.

Lejo Wrote:
redko Wrote:
agracier Wrote:nou eige'lijk misschien wel, maar ik woon niet in Nederland, wel net iets ten zuiden d'rvan ... ha ha.

It means: "Well, actually I do, but I don't live in the Netherlands, but a bit more to the south....ha ha."

As far as I know he lives in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium.
It is amazing that dutch is nearest lanquage to english... It look's complicated. Compared to Finnish hahahaha!
Vai mit

redko Wrote:
agracier Wrote:
CzechTexan Wrote:nou eige'lijk misschien wel, maar ik woon niet in Nederland, wel net iets ten zuiden d'rvan ... ha ha.

Just a silly bit of nonsense. Trying to write Dutch with a Dutch accent ... You know, like in the movie 'Manhattan' when Woody Allen is complaining about how someone was pronouncing 'van Gogh'. He had a line something like: ...'this guy was trying to say it like he had a moth caught in his throat ...' ... which is a double joke since that is the correct pronunciation for the word in Dutch to begin with ... ha ha.

Anyway, I was just saying that I don't live in the Netherlands at all ... a bit more to the south.

[quote="kapteeni"]It is amazing that dutch is nearest lanquage to english... It look's complicated. Compared to Finnish hahahaha!
Vai mit

I was just having a little fun with what Agracier had wrote on his New Georgia forum topic which was this: A member sent me a wonderful period map of the area with the old Dutch names. They are so enchanting and colorful: 'Menseneter Eiland (Canibal Island), Dwars in den Weg Eiland (Dab Smack in the Way Island) and others ... really cute names sometimes, very adventurous sounding, old VOC stuff ...

Looks like we got way off topic with this but a little fun doesn't hurt too much.

Link to my MEDIAFIRE downloads page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb9c2dafe61348e7c82ed4b8f0c380e04e75f6e8ebb871">http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=11eb ... f6e8ebb871</a><!-- m -->

Here are 2 files that should hopefully, fingers crossed, help with the airfields. Should have flattened airfields with airfield textures if you place these 2 files into your Hankow map folder.

Please make backups first though. Just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ggdylmwaomy

And a few screenshots for the fun of it:

[Image: Hankow-0205201023-29-09.jpg]

[Image: Hankow-0205201023-27-49.jpg]

[/img][Image: Hankow-0205201023-28-16.jpg]

[/img][Image: Hankow-0205201023-27-39.jpg]

[/img][Image: Hankow-0205201023-27-26.jpg]

SOme really nice landscapes in those screenshots Smile

Fantastic map, lovely water Big Grin

One problem I'm having is getting ships moving on the rivers/lakes. I plot them normally in FMB, but they do not appear on the surface of the water. I can hear them though, so I'm guessing they're underwater somehow. I really want to shoot up some river traffic :twisted:

Any advice here?

illegalBeagle Wrote:Fantastic map, lovely water Big Grin

One problem I'm having is getting ships moving on the rivers/lakes. I plot them normally in FMB, but they do not appear on the surface of the water. I can hear them though, so I'm guessing they're underwater somehow. I really want to shoot up some river traffic :twisted:

Any advice here?

I've been able to have ships moving on the rivers and I'm able to see them too. haven't heard of this problem before so I might suspect it has something to do specifically with how your setup is configured ... maybe something in conf.ini file, a water setting perhaps?

Hopefully another member can give you better advice cause this is not an area of expertise for me ...

Here is the Saratoga plotted normally, definitely a little low in the water Sad UP2.1, mods folder deactivated, all JSGME mods deactivated. I can't seem to save a mission in HSFX.

[Image: il2mw100919210709c10091.jpg]

Hi,

same with me: ships act like submarines, nothing to be seen from them. only their wakes are visible from higher up.
no doubt, hankow is one of the most attractive maps, so how can this be fixed ?

thx for any answer
sinzov

hi,

found out myself: the hight map was not correct (i.e. rivers must be set to RGB 0,0,0 = black = hight level 0).
regards
sinzov