Map installation

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to Il-2 community. After installing some sound/effects mods, I would like to have some of those great maps made by You.
After download I'm a little confused. I don't quite understand the readme files. For example, map:

Avala's_Benghalli_map
After unpacking I can find the 'MODS' folder. I think I should copy all sub folders to MODS folder in Il-2 main folder.
The next thing to do is to add some statements to all.ini file. The problem is that I can find two of them, in 'users' and 'training' folders
Which is the proper file? Should I put the line:

Benghalli Benghalli/load.ini

in some specified section?

I'm also having problem with offline campaigns. The briefings are in russian, but all the rest is in english. Is there any way to change those briefing to english language?
(DVD version of the game, 4.08M patch)

Thank You for your help

TYCZYW01 Wrote:Hi guys,
Avala's_Benghalli_map
After unpacking I can find the 'MODS' folder. I think I should copy all sub folders to MODS folder in Il-2 main folder.
The next thing to do is to add some statements to all.ini file. The problem is that I can find two of them, in 'users' and 'training' folders
Which is the proper file? Should I put the line:

Benghalli Benghalli/load.ini

Which version of Il-2 do you have installed? If it is an HSFX version, then i can't say how to proceed, you'll have to get this info from someone else.

But if you have UP2.0 or UI 1.1/1.2 or 4.09m then this is how map installing works usually.

In your game root, you should find a directory called 'MODS'.

You will find the all.ini file here:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/all.ini

The all.ini file is a simple .txt file. You can open it with a text editor like notepad or word or whatever. When opened, you should import the line 'Benghalli Benghalli/load.ini' into the file in a location you choose, either alphabetically, or thematically or whatever. Then save.

Installing the map folders is usually pretty easy. If you have a map install file that has as top directory 'MODS', that means that if you copy it, with all underlying subdirectories, into the already existing 'MODS' folder, you will normally be adding files and directories and usually only overwriting existing directory structures. Which means that it is usually safe to simply copy the map install MODS into the existing MODS folder and then allow overwrting of existing directories ...

Once you've added the entry to the all.ini and saved it, you should be good to go.

Thank You for your reply,

unfortunately, MODS folder was created empty. If I install something, I simply put new folder in MODS folder. There were no maps or .ini file after UP installationSad