IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Custom Install Modding Guide

From a fellow Queenslander, thanks for your help with this! Appreciated!

thanks mate, this is what I need.

[/b]

Hello Gentlemen,

I am in the process of downloading my copy of IL2-1946 from Gog.com right now. It is the 4.09m version (they say). I do not have the DVD version.

Will the 6dof mod work with that or will I have to go back to 4.08m. (I think I have only got the 6dof files in my Unified Installer 1.1 download.) Is there a version of 6dof which will work with 4.09m?

If I have to go back to 4.08m to get 6DOF to work, how is this done? I have a copy of the 4.08m upgrade from Ubisoft.

I hope I haven't wasted my download Megabytes if I cannot use 4.09m!

With thanks,
George

GeorgeBoles Wrote:Hello Gentlemen,

I am in the process of downloading my copy of IL2-1946 from Gog.com right now. It is the 4.09m version (they say). I do not have the DVD version.

Will the 6dof mod work with that or will I have to go back to 4.08m. (I think I have only got the 6dof files in my Unified Installer 1.1 download.) Is there a version of 6dof which will work with 4.09m?

If I have to go back to 4.08m to get 6DOF to work, how is this done? I have a copy of the 4.08m upgrade from Ubisoft.

I hope I haven't wasted my download Megabytes if I cannot use 4.09m!

With thanks,
George

Sorry I cannot help you there as I do not use 6DOF nor did I downlaod my IL-2 so I have no idea on how to solve your problem, I'm sure one of the other members can help.

When I use the 6-dof mod in my UP install (I don't have it in my HSFX one) it's all working with 4.09 Wink

GeorgeBoles Wrote:I am in the process of downloading my copy of IL2-1946 from Gog.com right now. It is the 4.09m version (they say). I do not have the DVD version.

Will the 6dof mod work with that or will I have to go back to 4.08m.

This issue is not 4.08 or 4.09. The issue is that 6DOF is a MOD, and therefore will only work with a MODDED game. If what you're downloading is a stock 4.09 game, then you first need to install some kind of mod activator that works with 4.09.

The SAS mod activator that Verhängnis is describing here will work to mod a 4.09 game.

Thank-you for your information, Gentlemen.

Just a quick bit of feedback.

With 4.09m and Ultrpack 2.01 I can turn on 6dof and it appears to work well.

I am tuning the keyboard map, my Track IR, and the HOTAS sensitivity before I am ready for fighting. I am still frustrated that I cannot loop my Fw109-D so I have a fair bit of work to do.

Regards,
George

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO'S NOT BEING USELESS! At first I thought it's another one of spams but NO! thanks alot, I'm not noob in Il-2 and i've got original and 1946 but my mods never worked! THANK YOU! Big Grin

Kapcer13 Wrote:FINALLY SOMEONE WHO'S NOT BEING USELESS! At first I thought it's another one of spams but NO! thanks alot, I'm not noob in Il-2 and i've got original and 1946 but my mods never worked! THANK YOU! Big Grin
Glad it worked, welcome to the community! Verhängis has made a great guide.

Verhagnis,I love you (not literally Tongue ) ive spent nearly 2 days trying to figure out how to mod Smile thank you very much Sir.