[MOD] Fi-103 V-1 and He-111H-2 carrier

Hawker17 Wrote:I can't see it in the plane list. I added to the air.ini, plane.ru and paintschemes.
Since this cruise missile not manned (not flyable), U can select it only as opponent in opponents list.

Twister Wrote:
Hawker17 Wrote:I can't see it in the plane list. I added to the air.ini, plane.ru and paintschemes.
Since this cruise missile not manned (not flyable), U can select it only as opponent in opponents list.

Thanks Twister, i sorted it out. I did a clean 4.09m installation with SAS Mod Activator 2.2, then the V1 mod and it works likes a charm.

Thanks for making this! Smile

Whenever the V1 is set to fly, via FMB, I get the following error (all OK via QMB):

Mission Loading failed:
Weapon set 'Default' not Registered in air.Fi_103_V1

I am using U1.2 and all has been OK with other aircraft mods.

Air.ini and Plane_RU.properties have been updated as per instructions on page 1.

Help, I'm stuck this time.

'Sweeney' Todd Wrote:Whenever the V1 is set to fly, via FMB, I get the following error (all OK via QMB):

Mission Loading failed:
Weapon set 'Default' not Registered in air.Fi_103_V1

I am using U1.2 and all has been OK with other aircraft mods.

Air.ini and Plane_RU.properties have been updated as per instructions on page 1.

Help, I'm stuck this time.

Did the same thing with same result. Perhaps, it was not so good idea to not mading "default" weapon loadout for AC. But this issue is not fatal.
Simlpe way to overcome it is just to open the page of object properties there weapon loadout is. Now FMB sets displayed loadout for the craft ("warhead").
Otherwise, it sets "default", and mission not loading. This is my bug, or FMB, or both, as U like.
Don't forget to save your mission afterwards.

Meanwhile, I'm fixed FMB issue and maked Fi-103 piloted modification, simulating R-IV version. 3D model still the same yet (just nose fan removed) but now it have interior cockpit. FM slightlly differs from V-1 through larger tailplane & rudder, and having full roll control. Formation flying possible, but if one missile explodes, all formation will be destroyed.
Link updated.

To install remove Fi-103_V1 folder in MODS directory and unpack the new RAR file in your IL-2 directory.
Then add this line:

Fi-103R-IV air.FI_103RIV 2 NOINFO g01 SUMMER

to your air.ini file, and and this line (optional):

Fi-103R-IV Fiesler Fi-103 R-IV V-4, 1944

to your plane_ru.properties file.

Now U in control.

Cool, i always wanted to be a guided rocket... :wink: Works perfect, i only have a missing texture at the nose?

Twister Wrote:Meanwhile, I'm fixed FMB issue and maked Fi-103 piloted modification, simulating R-IV version. 3D model still the same yet (just nose fan removed) but now it have interior cockpit. FM slightlly differs from V-1 through larger tailplane & rudder, and having full roll control. Formation flying possible, but difficult.
Link to download: http://www.filefront.com/16378123/Fi-103.rar

To install remove Fi-103_V1 folder in your MODS directory and unpack the new RAR folder there.
Then add this line:

Fi-103R-IV air.FI_103RIV 2 NOINFO g01 SUMMER

to your air.ini file, and and this line (optional):

Fi-103R-IV Fiesler Fi-103 R-IV V-4, 1944

to your plane_ru.properties file.
Now U in control.

Big Grin Many thanks, all works great.

The next chalange has to be getting it to dive into the ground at the 'attack' point (when on AI)

'Sweeney' Todd Wrote:The next chalange has to be getting it to dive into the ground at the 'attack' point (when on AI)
According to 1C, any plane can simulate kamikaze, if strike point of its route is a final point. It should be enough for area bombing.
In the matter of V-4, I will try some tricks to made it strike individual targets.
Would be better to put this mod in WIP-section, there is a lot of work yet.

EDIT:

Thanks to watchfulness of germanluftwaffe606, bug with shockwave destruction zone found and fixed.
Now U can just hit ground and cause mass-destruction. Also some minor bugs fixed. Still trying to to made it attack individual targets.
Link updated.

By the way, can someone tell, what must be like effect of V-1 explosion, poppet like, or mushroom, or just as big explosion ?

Big THX Twister !!!! Very nice addition to 46.

First flight (warhead) became just a crash site near Westminster between two buildings.

Second flight (default) explode my craft into the Tames; Sh............tttt

Third flight: applied this switch-around (used warhead) and exploded on right Tower Bridge: buildings
on both side of Tames destroyed; Tower Bridge Toasted; London Tower Toasted. Ye !!!! LOL :lol:
Lost three of my lives though... bugger !!!!
D...m! More like four! I forgot I did use scramble before that, with 4x V1's in a row... Cry

My Weapons.ru switch around; anyone use if you still need:

#####################################################################
# Fi-103R-IV

#####################################################################
Fi-103R-IV.warhead Default
Fi-103R-IV.default Warhead

My plane.ru simplified version:

Fi-103_V1 Fi-103 V-1, 1942
Fi-103R-IV Fi-103 R-IV V-4, 1944

:wink:

I'm pretty sure if you select no parachute it will fly into ground targets.

Is someone about to design the V-3 human canon ??? LOL
:giveup:

(it could use that flying guy from SAS as ammo)
(it would also beat the tunnel by a few years...)

Now I did it: I'm disturbing Louis Bleriot.

Hawker17 Wrote:Cool, i always wanted to be a guided rocket... :wink: Works perfect, i only have a missing texture at the nose?

Hawker17 Wrote:Cool, i always wanted to be a guided rocket... :wink: Works perfect, i only have a missing texture at the nose?
Flyable version was added late.That part still WIP. Note no cockpit outside.

Twister Wrote:Meanwhile, I'm fixed FMB issue and maked Fi-103 piloted modification, simulating R-IV version. 3D model still the same yet (just nose fan removed) but now it have interior cockpit... ...Now U in control.

Update: Downloaded latest destruction version above: now default and warhead pretty similar in their effect; both cause a lot of smoke !!!
Radius of destruction seems 0.5 to 0.75km. (Diameter of 1.0 to1.5km./ 2max.) Shock wave is instantaneous.
For best dive (power=zero), I roll over to nullify the glide. Small pull on stick, makes It fall straight down; it can still be slightly guided to target but I let go
and turn to external view to observe. This is more true to history, for the pilot-less version at least.
The Fi-103 Reichenberg naval 'kamikase' pilots were suppose to try parachute out, but had only 1% chance of survival.
I have now learn that the engine cut-off was a FAILURE of the pulse engine to work in a power-dive. This was corrected with later models.
I have always thought the notorious engine cut-off was intended. Not so. A pulse-counter affected the controls on final. Also armed the device.

I'm confused now,is this a conflict/newer version of the flyable V-1 or what? Or have you made two seperate versions with this: V-1 rocket and Fi 103 because I deleted your Fi-103 because I thought it was update of V-1. But I think they are two seperate mods.

Hopefully a 3D moddeler will make an external cockpit for this aswell, only then will it be the Fi-103 and as for the squadron bit. Werner Baumbach(Commander of KG 200) asked Albert Speer(Munitions and Araments Minister and close friend of Hitler) asked Hitler to abandon the project as Suicide Missions were not part of the German Tradtion.

[quote="Verh