[MOD] Fi-103 V-1 and He-111H-2 carrier

This is a mod, making V-1 available as regular non-flyable AC in the game.
FM & DM tweaks was done in attempt to make it technicaly correct, some effects added, like rotating odometer fan and engine exhaust.
3D model is still original game 3D model.

[Image: grab0005.jpg]
[Image: grab0008b.jpg]

As V-1 is unmanned, it cannot launch itself, so U have to designate strike point with no specific target for carrier aircraft.
No sense to set strike point for V-1. V-1 executes 45-degree dive upon reaching its final waypoint, whatever it designated as strike point or not. I'm not recommend to set a specific target for V-1, as it will running circles around, trying to hit. If target will be dectroyed prior V-1 arrival, it will just running circles around, or will try to RTB with disastrous consequences :mrgreen:

V-4 behaves itself as regular piloted AC, so U have to set its final waypoint as strike point to make craft to commit kamikaze attack.

Pair of sample missions, demonstrating air launch and Fi-103 kamikaze attack, can be found in Single Missions > Germany > V-1 and V-4.
(don't judge too harsh, it's my first two FMB missions)

[Image: grab0111.jpg]

Features:
- craft will detonate on any contact with ground or water, so possible mission start options is follows:
air start, air start with carrier (He-111H-2 for ex.), ground runway start with the carrier;
- steep dives causes craft engine to stall (simulates early version of V-1);
- speed rises with fuel exhausting.

Limitations:
- craft has no trottle control (only engine starting & shutting is possible);
- craft has limited roll control to simulate gyro override in overturn (historical prototype was not having roll control at all,
but I was forced to implement it, since the AI proved not to be able to maintain course to waypoint without some roll control);
- due to limitations listed above, formation flying is difficult, so I recommend to send V-1's on mission as separate flights, however, formation flying is possible

Also, as a placeholder, there is Fi-103 piloted modification, simulating R-IV version. 3D model still the same yet (just nose fan removed) but now it have interior cockpit. FM slightlly differs from V-1 through larger tailplane & rudder, and having full roll control. Formation flying possible, but difficult.

Link to download: http://www.filefront.com/17748911/Fi-103_110104.rar

To install Fi-103 V-1 mod unpack the RAR file to your IL-2 directory, then add this lines:

Fi-103_V1 air.FI_103_V1 2 NOINFO g01 SUMMER
Fi-103R-IV air.FI_103RIV 2 NOINFO g01 SUMMER

to your air.ini file, located, probably in \MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects folder inside your IL-2 directory
((!) Don't forget to delete these lines, if you decide to remove the mod).
and this lines (optional):

Fi-103_V1 Fiesler Fi-103 V-1, 1942
Fi-103R-IV Fiesler Fi-103 R-IV V-4, 1944

to your plane_ru.properties file, located, probably in \files\i18n\ folder inside your IL-2 directory.

Have a fun, but don't get too close !

Cooool! Easier to setup V-1 missions like this.... And love the air-launching possibilities. Thank you very much!

EDIT: At start of missions with V1 my game crashes to desktop, few seconds after loading it. Any ideas about possible causes?

Finally air launch! How about He-111 with this?

THANKS Great mod

Fieseler Fi 103R (Reichenberg) was to be used by the KG 200 suicide squadron
[Image: Fieseler_Fi-103_Reichenberg.jpg]
[Image: Bundesarchiv_Bild_141-2733%2C_Neu_Tramm%...mit_V4.jpg]
Any chance of a future Mod?

crazyflak Wrote:At start of missions with V1 my game crashes to desktop, few seconds after loading it. Any ideas about possible causes?
Can U tell some more specific ? QMB or FMB ? U tries it as player aircraft ? May be something with weapons loadout ? (the only weapon loadout for this craft is warhead)
Anybody else experiencing some troubles with the mod ?

Install: UP + lots of mods.... Setting: QMB -any map-, a spitXVI or P51 stock (player) against a V1 with warhead loadout. Few seconds after mission start, it freezes and CTD. I just ran a search for classfiles duplicates but nothing on that side. It will take me some time to figure this out... I'll inform as soon as I find the cause.

Quote:Any chance of a future Mod?

I know that Slow had a frankenplane version of it made, but he never released it... and I doubt he will.

crazyflak Wrote:Install: UP201 + lots of mods.... Setting: QMB -any map-, a spitXVI or P51 stock (player) against a V1 with warhead loadout. Few seconds after mission start, it freezes and CTD. I will run a search for classfiles duplicates to see if by any chance I find the cause.

4.08m or 4.09m ? A have a 4.09m. Trying the mod on different PC's, Intels and AMDs, hardware accelerated and not, without any issues.
Hardly U will found classfile duplicates this, because this is a new one. Can U try MXY-7 instead of V-1 ? They are alike, so may be we will found something.
Still have no idea ... May be a way I use to produce engine sound... Mod based on BI-1 FM, may be the root of the issue is here...

crazyflak Wrote:EDIT: At start of missions with V1 my game crashes to desktop, few seconds after loading it. Any ideas about possible causes?

OK, I am officially an idiot. Just noticed I made a classic newbie mistake :oops: . I had installed a sound mod last night but didn't test it before going to bed. Now I install your mod and get trouble when testing... the trouble was the classfiles of the soundmod which I didn't test before, of course.

NOTHING wrong with this baby, as expected. So, dear Twister, sorry for my stupidity :wink: all works fine.

Just had lots of fun with a V1 QMB mission and a mosquito. BLAAAAMMMM :twisted:

EDIT: it's a good moment to make publicity for this one http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...sc&start=0

WOW If this was flyable then it might of been the best mod out since Il-2 came out!

Do you think it could become flyable as part as KG 200 suicide squadron?

Thanks Planemad

crazyflak Wrote:NOTHING wrong with this baby, as expected.
Sh%t happens. It's a relief, I feared the worst.

planemad Wrote:Do you think it could become flyable as part as KG 200 suicide squadron?
All I can do right now, is to add some interior cockpit to this ... craft (just to FM evaluation). But it will be a nonsense, since exterior will be same, without cockpit. And believe me, it flies BAD.
Hardly anyone will enjoy piloting this thing :wink:

No! I really enjoyed nooking the Big-Ben!!! This thing flys bad but gives a good feeling. I tested it with this online-play-hack

Very original and welcome addition!

However, if only i could get it to run... Sad

I can't see it in the plane list. I added to the air.ini, plane.ru and paintschemes.

Could you help me out with it? Thanks.

One thing I ask, could you please add the exhaust of the P-80 instead of the other jets into this? please?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank youuuu! ^______^