HSFX & Cannon's Map

I got really confused by the install instructions for Cannon's Map, and would really appreciate it if someone would take the time to write out how to install along side the HSFX mod.

I'm really sorry if this may have been asked before i did a search and aaalot of reading but couldnt find a firm answer to this one.

Thank you

Its already in HSFX. No need to install again

I know about it in the FMB but I always get no map loaded error message when i try to fly on a mission i made in it, or nothing happens if i click play within the FMB. I havent even got to fly on it at all yet :?

I would guess you no longer have a clean install of HSFX, otherwise it would be working.

Most likely, if the map appears ok in FMB, but does not save missions, then you have an error in your static.ini file.
That would mean some of the special Canon Objects are not loading correctly.

If you have not changed any files in root/files then try renaming Mods folder to -Mods and see what happens.
If you have edited any of the original HSFX files in root files then this probably will not work.

You need to tell us what changes, if any, you have made since installing HSFX.

Ashe

It should be clean ie nothing added into the JSGME launcher other than the sanctioned mods, ie this ...

[Image: 2zpl828.jpg]

I have maunually created a MODS folder that runs along side JSGME in the main root IL2 folder, and in that I have this ...

[Image: huj395.jpg]

You have a lot of Mods in your JSGME that don't come with HSFX: all of the SOF ones, lodenkreuz enabler, Mosquito flare distance and more. Could it be one of these that's causing the problems?
A 'clean' HSFX install has just 21 entries in JSGME.

:cheers:

I suggest you disable the Mods folder by renaming to -Mods
The de-activate all mods in JSGME except for HSFX History Mod.

Check if the Canon Map works. I it does then activate the other mods one at a time and check after each activation.

ok will do I'll check back and let you know what happens

Another thing to consider is if you need to have texture compression enabled (S3TC). If your video card does not have enough onboard memory you will need to enable it or the map will not load.

well its something on the list as I got it to load and am going thru the list to find out what it is.
Sadly it does crash sometimes straight back to desk top, Think that might be an issue with the map rather than conflicts with mods.

BigPickle, go into your game's config.ini file and look under [Render_OpenGL] "TexCompress" should read TexCompress=2.