Adding Mods to JSGME

Doolittle, put the file in your jsgmemods-folder, making sure the folders are in the right order, eg: missions/campaigns/gb etc if it was a GB campaign and then a similar thing for skins. Basically so that if you were installing it as a mod or something you could open the file and copy the contents directly over your Il-2 folder Wink Does this make sense?

Doolittle81 Wrote:Anyone know how I install a campaign using JSGME??

The downloaded campaign folder contains a "Gabby in Korea" folder, in which is an "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder with sub-folders: "Missions", "MODS", "Paintschemes", and "samples".
Not a silly question.
No, you should not just drop the "Gabby" folder into jsgmemods folder. It has the extra "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder, which you don't want in there.

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
Doolittle81 Wrote:Anyone know how I install a campaign using JSGME??

The downloaded campaign folder contains a "Gabby in Korea" folder, in which is an "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder with sub-folders: "Missions", "MODS", "Paintschemes", and "samples".
Not a silly question.
No, you should not just drop the "Gabby" folder into jsgmemods folder. It has the extra "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" folder, which you don't want in there.

So....Should I place the "Missions", "MODS", "Paintschemes", and "samples" directly into a "Gabby" folder and then place that "Gabby" folder into the jsgmemods folder....and then enable in JSGME?

Yes, that ought to work.

Which version of the JSGME should we be using, I noticed there is a newer version than I currently am using (V.2.3.1.132).. though I am not having any problems, should I still upgrade to the newest..? (V.2.5.0.150)

thanx..

Ok first things first..

There are 'mods' that you download and there is a MODS folder in IL-2

To get rid of that confusing aspect, in the following I will refer to the 'mods' that you download as 'add-ons'

First lets define a 'generic' game install path aka directory tree, i.e.

c:\games\il-2

Now just to provide you a little background as to how JSGME works, it simply copies files out of the JSGME folder into 'another' folder, and that 'other' folder is the '\Files' folder, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\Files

Inside the \Files folder you will find the following sub-folder, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\Files\3do
c:\games\il-2\Files\com
c:\games\il-2\Files\Effects
c:\games\il-2\Files\gui
c:\games\il-2\Files\i18n
c:\games\il-2\Files\maps
c:\games\il-2\Files\Missions
c:\games\il-2\Files\presets
c:\games\il-2\Files\Samples

These are the standard/typical IL-2 folders

When you download a 'add-on' know that they will typically contain this same directory tree structure..

Unless the 'add-on' has been repackaged into a .SFS file

Up to now most 'add-ons' where NOT intended to be used with JSGME, they were intended to be installed into the MODS folder, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\MODS

But, as Jixx pointed out you can make a 'add-on' compatible by simply adding the '\Files' sub-folder in the folder of the 'add-on' folder inside your JSGME folder and simply copying/moving the files into that sub-folder

NOTE I recommend that you still use the '\MODS' folder to install aircraft 'add-on', or any other 'add-on' that require you to manually edit files like the air.ini file, Because JSGME does NOT edit those files for you. Sure you could set it up to do that but that is beyond this lesson.

But for all other 'add-ons' I would recommend you use JSGME to enable and disable them

With all that in mind lets take a look at the JSGME folder in the IL-2 folder, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods

What folders are inside the JSGEM folder depends on a lot of things..

The following is an example of mine

c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\01_Zuti_DSMod_v1.12_UP
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Advanced Engine Management
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Atm_mod Original
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\EFFECTS High
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\EFFECTS Low
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Stock 4.09m
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Stock Clouds
c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Effects PropTextures

NOTE I renamed and/or removed a few folders so they may not match what you have

The orange folders names are what you will see listed in JSGME.. You can re-name these folders if you like, but, to be safe first un-install/deactivate the 'add-on' using JSGME if it is already installed/activated. Exit JSGME, than rename the folder, than restart JSGME and you should see the new folder name show up in the JSGME list

Most of these are the stock JSGME 'add-on' that came with my install of HSFX..

And most of these make use of the .SFS files

But for our example lets look at the Effects PropTextures folder, in that it is an 'add-on' that I modified to work with JSGME

When you navigate into the Effects PropTextures you will see the following sub-folder, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Effects PropTextures\Files

Just as Jinxx said, there is the famous '\Files' folder that you have to manually create and than move your 'add-on' files into that folder..

After navigating into the \Files sub-folder we see the following, i.e.

c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Effects PropTextures\Files\3do

NOTE the \3do folder is the folder I had to manually move into the \Files folder

At this point we should take note that this folder path past the \Files\ folder matches that of the standard/typical IL-2 folders listed above

The reason being is JSGME basically copies the files and folders from the 'add-on' folder into the standard/typical IL-2 folders, as per our example, i.e.

FROM c:\games\il-2\jsgmemods\Effects PropTextures\Files\

TO c:\games\il-2\Files\

So it should make your life easier knowing the 'add-on' folders have to match that of the standard/typical IL-2 folders listed above

I dont understand so much in this guide. I have downloaded a mod thats is named Propeller Mod and i have putted it at Jsgme modes. In this ''Propellermod'' i find 1 folder , ''3do''. should i do a new folder in the ''Propellermod'' that is named ''Files'' and take the ''3do'' folder and put it in ''Files''?

kidler Wrote:I dont understand so much in this guide. I have downloaded a mod thats is named Propeller Mod and i have putted it at Jsgme modes. In this ''Propellermod'' i find 1 folder , ''3do''. should i do a new folder in the ''Propellermod'' that is named ''Files'' and take the ''3do'' folder and put it in ''Files''?

Exactly!!

S!

I have done that with the New fire mod ( Search for it ). But it dont work.

kidler Wrote:I have done that with the New fire mod ( Search for it ). But it dont work.

Just total un-install Il-2 nad deleat all files. Then create a new folder called Il-2 Sturmovik in your Documents and Install Il-2 in the newly created folder. Patch it in this order 4.07M (On disk) - 4.08M - 4.09M + 4.09M Skins - Ultra@Pack or HSFX (Your choice) Then test it works.Then install THIS then the MOD your trying to install. (I know it is Fsix Realistic fire)

Planemad

Hey planemad , i fixed it , i got new fire and gun smoke and more. The only things that is missing is Bombbay door control and propeller mod. do u may know where i can find this?

Bomb Bay control Mod is in Ultra@Pack - set one of the power buttons for Bomb bay control.

Propeller Mod - Not to sure

Planemad

Well i am using HSFX and i cant open bombay door. And if i use UP it will crash.

kidler Wrote:Well i am using HSFX and i cant open bombay door. And if i use UP it will crash.
10% power is bombay door control

Can I not just create a MODS folder again?

Cheers, MP