[Map] cztx_BurmaLower V2.1

CzechTexan Wrote:
DoktorWho Wrote:Yes your correct Arakan. Post was done on the run for work. :oops: Apart from the map is there any other mod requirement perhaps? Mission one and two are fine - then boom when the plane loads - like its touching something? Thank you. DW

PS I downloaded it from your website - bit puzzled what gone wrong. Have unistalled/ reloaded twice - all ok to mission 3.
DoktorWho, I looked at the campaign missions last night and found nothing wrong on my system. I'm using the UI 1.11 so unless there is a conflict with the invisible runway plates for UP or HSFX...I have no idea what it is.

Did you download this last version of the map?
I think I changed that particular airfield is the last version. If you are using an earlier map version then there might be conflict.
Also, you can load the mission if the Full Mission Builder and see if there is any object in the way causing destruction.
Mission #10 and #11 are also on the same airfield so you might want to see if you have problem with those too.

Yes I'm using 1.11 also. I will follow exactly your recommendations. Thank you for taking the time - its a pity because your such a skillful campaign builder but I will tick off your suggestions and do each. DW

Can somebody help me with KevinP's Road/Rail plates Mod? I put that query in "Search" and all it does is redirect back to these map pages. I even tried Google without success - DW

DoktorWho Wrote:Can somebody help me with KevinP's Road/Rail plates Mod? I put that query in "Search" and all it does is redirect back to these map pages. I even tried Google without success - DW
I did a search for "kevinP" and found it here: Link to KevinP's road/rail MOD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljtwmtzw2nm
This road plate mod is necessary for this map. This is a good reminder for people who do not have it and the link should be helpful for those looking for it.

I will try to use it with sadness. M4T announces the death of AAA. How sad. DW

If you are experiencing problems getting this map or other large maps to work then there may be a conflict with another MOD.
I got a tip from another fella who has UP2.01 with a MOD conflict and the following is a quote from him...
The following is a quote from the fella who discovered it...

"One of my MODS, the "Perfect Map Texture", which can be enabled with Generic MOD Enabler made it impossible to load your map, B-29 Alley, Thailand, etc. In other words, all the more "heavy" maps could not load because of this Mod."

When this MOD was removed all the maps were able to work.

This may or may not be an isolated incident but for those of you having problems this might be helpful.

Im having trouble trying to alter a jungle map texture to a dry desert texture

Im using UP2.01, but I dont see the map in the folder structure under "files/maps". However, cztx_Burma is in the FMB and woks fine...

I dont know where to put this updated file as there is nothing in files/maps/_Tex/BurmaLower section for cztx_Burma....or even a map.

Can anyone tell me how to alter this file?

From the readme what Im trying to do:

Code:
Map_T_Dry
This is an option for you.  If you don't like the jungle textures south of Rangoon, around Akayb, and around Ramree Island...replace with this dry/desert version.  Just be sure to save the other and rename this to "Map_T".

hello katdog5,
UP2.01 has the older version of this map (more green with lots of the rice paddy fields).
The link in this discussion page is for the new version of the map (v2.01) and it has a more dry look to it with very few rice paddy fields.

You will have to download this new cztx_BurmaLower v2.01, put the map files in the correct location and add the new texture files to their correct location. This should replace the older UP2.01 map.

Please be patient with me. I will be back online next week to help and give more specific instructions.

CzechTexan Wrote:hello katdog5,
UP2.01 has the older version of this map (more green with lots of the rice paddy fields).
The link in this discussion page is for the new version of the map (v2.01) and it has a more dry look to it with very few rice paddy fields.

You will have to download this new cztx_BurmaLower v2.01, put the map files in the correct location and add the new texture files to their correct location. This should replace the older UP2.01 map.

Please be patient with me. I will be back online next week to help and give more specific instructions.

ahhhh, I see...makes a whole lotta sense, thx.