Sopwith Camel! ww1 model (;

I made a Model of the famous Stopwitch Camel, little while ago so there is a little dust on it ^^]

[Image: DSCF0531.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0528.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0525.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0524.jpg]

Comments always welcome!

PS: i'm pretty novice at model building so advice/critism is always welcome! Big Grin

Wipe the dust off! Big Grin

Looks awesome,
liamp51

Nice model, but it was a SOPWITH Camel.

sweet

Nice model. Remember to edit the title like grant wrote it :wink:

nice model

mooi boek trouwens (nice book) Big Grin :wink:

US_GRANT Wrote:Nice model, but it was a SOPWITH Camel.
was just about to post wiht the same thing...what the hell is a Stopwitch Camel?? :lol:
although, i must admit, it does sound kinda mean and nasty as Stopwitch, as opposed to Sopwith.... 8)

Nice, n eat and tidy!! Nice job on this fella.

US_GRANT Wrote:Nice model, but it was a SOPWITH Camel.

haha, thnx for the replies - i lost the box the model was in so i had no idea that it was Sopwith instead of Stopwitch XD, thanks though!

You're welcome patner. Keep pluggin away at those models.

Excellent model. Looks quite big: 1/24th??? or 1/32
I'm not sure about "dusting off" that much, since an operational aircraft would be dusty anyway.

A suggestion would be to work on the machine guns and make them look very real: the purpose of this
flying machine is to bring those two up there and the twin Mg's gave the camels their name.
[You may find color photos to match or use your imagination of what they should look like.]

Another great project ( not sure I could do it myself ) would be to give the propeller a varnished wood grain
effect paint job. The idea is to devise a mix of two colors on spare flat plastics and experiment to find a technique,
until you are satisfied with the results. Not as easy as it seems , but if you get it right, you become the Master of the craft.

Finally, but truly optional, is to consider the engine: ware, oil stains or/and fumes at exhaust. ( to ponder is
'is this a brand new plane from factory' or 'has it been around for quite a while...'

I hope you like these comments. They were meant to guide you and give you the taste for more.
Remember that as a modellist any result is worth the effort. It keeps getting better all the time.

Thanks for your reply! Big Grin, the tips are most welcome! i have recently bought an airbrush so i will be exprimentating with that from now on Smile - hope i once master the art of weathering etc.! Big Grin

Vincent_Nederland Wrote:Thanks for your reply! Big Grin, the tips are most welcome! i have recently bought an airbrush so i will be exprimentating with that from now on Smile - hope i once master the art of weathering etc.! Big Grin

I've always had trouble with weathering, but when you pull it off right it really adds to the model.

Great work on the camel, it looks really nice. 8) As Nadia said, I recommend doing some extra work on the machine guns.

For a novice it's well done.
Why don't you show your result at http://www.modelbrouwers.nl/phpBB3/ ?
They can give you all kinds of advice.

Cheers.