New Swordfish & Fulmar???

Forgive me if this has been asked & answered somewhere else...or just direct me there...I understand that the Fulmar & Swordfish will be included in this upcoming patch( along with other terrific new planes...) What I'd like to know is if there will be any improvements on these from the examples we have thanks to say HFSX 4.1? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Hi there,

to be honest, I think we need just a bit patience. Sooner or later we know it exactly! 8)

Right now, unverified stories are telling, yeah next release as AI or flyable or.... :-? Team Daidalos knows! Idea

Jambo :wink:

Yep- Patience is a virtue! :wink:

Last I heard, both were to be AI only in 4.10 with flyable cockpits to come at a later date. That may change, of course, but at the very least we will have them as AI aircraft.

4.10 is basically finished and now being tested for release

Details are at the top of this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12568

WWFlybert Wrote:4.10 is basically finished and now being tested for release

Hi, Flybert

Thank you for that, but the information as of a minute ago was not from a Senior Member of TD, therefore not official.

Fireskull Wrote:

Hi, Flybert

Thank you for that, but the information as of a minute ago was not from a Senior Member of TD, therefore not official.

Does TD actually have an 'official' source of information? I thought it was basically a bunch of guys working together to improve the sim, rather than a bureaucratic monolith.

In any case, until they finish beta testing, nothing can be definite. If they had promised the Fulmar (say) would be flyable, and there was a problem with it, would you want the whole patch to be held up because of this? Cut TD some slack, and let them get on with it....

I think what the question is referring to is the same one I have, which is not so much about the release date as much as is TD re-inventing the wheel since these birds have already been released as flyable,or are they creating a better version?? :|

The Fulmar currently uses a Hurricane cockpit, which obviously isn't to TD standards. The Swordfish cockpit needs more work, I'd think. They may want to modify the FMs etc too. At the time TD first said they were going to be included, it was definitely as AI only, but things may possibly have changed since then. We'll just have to wait and see.

True true, they could stand a lil tweak her and there...

Fireskull Wrote:

Hi, Flybert

With all due respect Fireskull, you have to read the last 20 pages of the thread to see TD is now beta testing what they have in place, to find any bugs, and have not discussed any new additions of planes or features since April 22, when the Do 217 and Cant Z.1007 were added as AI planes

1C forum is the only "official" news of 4.10 being posted by TD.. tags at 1C forum like "Senior Member" only refer to number of posts made

If you wish to be *strict*, of course, something might yet be changed during beta testing .. that should go without be said

and to be strict, 4.10 isn't "Official" and "finished" until it's released, correct ? ..

I said "basically" finished .. "beta testing" means taking what you have and being sure it works well .. not that it's still a WIP

George Formby Wrote:I think what the question is referring to is the same one I have, which is not so much about the release date as much as is TD re-inventing the wheel since these birds have already been released as flyable,or are they creating a better version?? :|

I can only speak about Fulmar but i think Swordfish its not so different story.
The Fulmar was made thanks to the help of some TD members, they have also revisioned and imported the model in the game.
So the model is born thanks to them and was made to be in the 4.10 from the start.
The rule is no public beta testing, but they kindly did an exception because the ac were needed for SEOW.
In the same time some correction and improvement were done and will be in the 4.10. Dont aspect big things, just correction to air intake, and other minor bug.
Importing and skinning the cockpite is quite more complicated than ac, this is why the ac will be AI only in this patch.
And i'm not a TD members but as you can see on 1c forum there were more important things to do before the fulmars cockpite.
Unfortunately they are few passionate using their free time, they are doing a great work, but things need time and you need to decide what will came first and what later.
Cheers
Aracno

latest is:

several TD members on holiday ..

development forum hardware problems ( huh? ) ..

weak hint of possibility of features or content that were not going to be in 4.10 being included ( meh )

I'll speculate, without good basis, that they might add and finish some more things in 4.10, release it as they get the calls to beta test SoW/BoB

i flown the swordfish, doesn't look or feel any different to me

I'd love a radar-equipped Swordfish, but it wouldn't be very sporting since ships don't maneuver. I'm old and slow--a perfect match for the stringbag.