[Tool] Town texture file extractor V1.2 (Autopop inverter)

First i am glad to see the site back and this in a new and fresher manner. Many thanks to Deutschmark and all the other admins, this will have been a realy hard work. But a lot of topics seem to be lost unfortunally, so i start to fill this section again with a little mapping tool. Many new maps are nearly unpopulated, because it's a pain to create a autopop texture buildings file. This program may help:

It reconstructs a Autopop buildings texture file out of a map, so it inverts the Autopop procedure. You can use this created file to autopop your map (After some reworking, of course).

Slovakia City1:
[Image: slovakiacity1.jpg]

Usage:
Outact a map.
Copy the outBuilding.txt, the maps map_t.tga and the prog to a folder of your choice.
Open the maps load.ini and count the number of the texture you want to reconstruct, counting from "0". The City1 texture for example would be nr. 17.
Load this texture always to the slot City0 (Not: City1) of your autopop map.
Run the prog.
Input "1" for a 800 m texture and "2" for a 1600 m texture.
Input the texture number to extract (Example: 17)
Input a clearence radius (See below), i recomend 5 meter at minimum.
The prog creates a autopop usable inBuildings.txt out of the maps outBuildings.txt.
Act that file for proper use with the autopop map and throw it in the autopop maps folder.
Start the autopop map and rework the buildings if needed before using this file as an autopop file.

Known inconveniences:
After autopoping the map maker may have exchanged some buildings here and there. These buildings will overlap the texture buildings so there will be some doubled buildings. The map maker also may have used two texture files for one texture. For example: He created a CenterCity texture file and a factory area texture file, but after autopoping he changed the factory area texture also to the Center City texture in the map_t. In this case in the recconstructed texture file will be the buildings of both centerCity and factory files, resulting in a lot of overlaping buildings. To clear these doubled buildings halfway you my define a clearence zone, so a building is deleted if it's within the defined radius of an other building. Unfortunaly it's pure coincidence to which texture file a deleted building belongs.

Edit: There was a flaw in version 1 when processing a map_t.tga with the origin upper left (Stock maps seem to have origin lower left). This is fixed in V1.2.

Download the texture extractor v1.2 here:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/TexExtract1_1_2.zip

Link broken

I have PMd with zipzapp to have the link fixed.

Deutschmark

New download link in first post.
Thank you zipzapp Big Grin

Deutschmark

Did anybody ever use this? Seems towns and villages are much better at the newer maps then before, but does anybody know why? ;-)

Some of the newer map makers,have finally figured out how to use auto-pop

zipzapp Wrote:Seems towns and villages are much better at the newer maps then before, but does anybody know why? ;-)