WIP Usable Tank

@ Mastiff
do you think we are magians? where should we get models from a game that isnt out yet? Confusedhock:
And even if...
... do you really think that due to the high polycount it could be importet.
(Its named SOW and not TOW)

Batbomb Wrote:@ Mastiff
do you think we are magians? where should we get models from a game that isnt out yet? Confusedhock:
And even if...
lol Theater of war uses the same IL2 engine lol.

Any updates?

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Any updates?

Not yet, I got side tracked doing something else and learning along the way.
I got the Buggy Buggy Exporter Working finnaly tho.
Just fiddling with another Project and learning.

Perhaps a few WIP shots today if I get the time.

GF_Mastiff Wrote:
Batbomb Wrote:@ Mastiff
And even if...
lol Theater of war uses the same IL2 engine lol.

Google it, it looks like the ground version of IL2, good find Mastiff!!!

I'm all for this!!!we should have controlable tanks in IL-2.
If anyone thinks it's a bad idea just say one word "flakpanzer"
show the flyboys a thing or two hehe.. also as always stug III for the win.

I think the only PCtrl-able ground units that we actually need are AA vechicles. The rest is just for fun.

BTW has anyone fixed the problem of the vehicles getting to close to a object and blowing up? I know the jeep mod does that but it's built on a aircraft.

Matchstick Wrote:BTW has anyone fixed the problem of the vehicles getting to close to a object and blowing up? I know the jeep mod does that but it's built on a aircraft.

With some basic knowledge I can assume that either the collision boxes on the Vehicles are too big or the Collision boxes on the objects are too big.
Perhaps I will look into this, what objects/vehicles does it happen with?

Verhängnis Wrote:
Matchstick Wrote:BTW has anyone fixed the problem of the vehicles getting to close to a object and blowing up? I know the jeep mod does that but it's built on a aircraft.

With some basic knowledge I can assume that either the collision boxes on the Vehicles are too big or the Collision boxes on the objects are too big.
Perhaps I will look into this, what objects/vehicles does it happen with?
this one http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3945.0.html
and from what i tested of it the objects very. trees are very bad about a 8 to 9 feet space between the jeep will blow it sky high! at the same time i have been able to drive it down city streets without to much problems.

The default trees?

Verhängnis Wrote:The default trees?
i think so, what ever are on the maps..
I think that it's how the controlable jeep was made. maybe it still has a wingspan that hits things from the aircraft he used. Like I said if you can find a way to make it act like the AI controled tanks that would be the best. :wink:

Oh well how about you ask the people who made the jeep and the trees are almost invisible so are you sure you just not driving into them lol.

But I know for a fact that because the jeep was built on an aircraft, the wings are rendered invisible by a simple line in the Hier.him and therefore in a sense, do not actually exist on the model through the 3d world of IL-2.

hi all ive been following the vehicle mods sense people started talking about them then they all just disupered i new a few that where even done and looking for slots then they all just well you know poof, :?: and this is the last one i know of so if any one noes where they might have gone i would bee deeply onerd if some one could send me a link or something. pleas and thank you