MIG-21 is wip on SAS

Csocso Wrote:
TomFF Wrote:This is very cool stuff, already read about the Mig-21 project at SAS forums.
Personally, from a fanboy perspective, I would love to fly a Mig-21 or F-4 in IL-2 for the eye-candy and speed immersion-but-coming from FreeFalcon5, a jet sim based on Falcon 4.0, where I participated, I do think more or less realistic radar and avionics modelling for 3rd generation jet fighters will be problematic or impossible in IL-2 unless you want to turn the modded aircraft into an arcade plane. It's just a completely different cup of tea. Very complex, if you want it realistic.
Tom

I wouldn't say impossible, but probably a lot of programming/scripting/coding work.
I know what are you talking about, I played both Falcon and Lock On so I understand how these things work. :wink:

Csocso: Whatever you create, I will fly it when it's ready if you release it! That model looks great! Big Grin

Cheers

Tom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4QBi6V ... 1&index=33

Anything new into IL2 is a real feast; here is a vid on Mig-21 taken from another game: although it seems to be exiting from cockpit view,
the destruction of enemies always looks the same, and lacks the dynamics and energy of IL-2 sim...
when it comes to complete and total DESTRUCTION, the old "forgotten" is hard to beat ! :twisted:

WOI: Arcade game!
And when it comes to realism and fun of modern and 3rd Gen (Western) fighters like F-16s, Tornados and F4s regarding avionics and weapons effects, FreeFalcon5.5 is not to beat. Nothing comes even close until now. The Migs somewhow suck there..
:mrgreen:

But a nicely modelled Mig-21 in IL-2 would definately be something I'd like to fly..and surely many fans would love it. :Smile)

PS: Sorry for the teutonic grammar in my last post..
Look forward to the Mig-21 in IL-2.
I never knew what I missed while pausing with IL-2.
Cheers
Tom

Latest update:

[Image: il2fb2010-07-0920-42-43-66.jpg]

:wink:

Guess I'll have to start stocking up on MiG-21 pics and internet sites for all those skins I won't be able to stop myself from making.

Csocso, you are not helping my recovery. "No doc, not the red pills, please? Just one more skin and I'll stop. I promise!!!!"

We all want to make skin... I think we should decide who makes wich nationality... Smile

All further updates and releases on SAS site.

Sneak preview screenshots for your pleasure and for my good friends.
I hope you enjoy them.
A big Thanks go out to SAS~Sani and all the rest of the Mod-artists at SAS1946 who are dedicating their
time and craftsmanship to creating this brand new aircraft for all of us to enjoy soon.
It´s NOT READY yet folks (The new MIG-21 as well as this first template and skin), there are still a few
things that need tweaking properly, but it will arrive very soon. Wink

Cheers and hope you have a great flight
MAX-theHitman
[Image: MIG21_MAX_001.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_002.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_003.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_004.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_005.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_006.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_007.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_008.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_009.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_010.jpg]
[Image: MIG21_MAX_011.jpg]

WTF!

ok wheres my F4 Phantom II and my A1 Strike Raiders?

Absolute Hell !!

Awesome work... hard to await.

wait, but obviously mig-21 been out there awhile, someone just posted pictures and made skins for it here a bit ago

EDIT: lol all i had to do was scroll up a little

Its not out yet, a number of us have been very kindly offered the model to skin and make templates for it to be released along with the aircraft

[quote="asiatic"]Oh wow, that's great...

Friggin spammers.

Do not click that link, it's not to the "real" SAS.

Thanks Cnopicilin, all taken care to and he been banned

Deutschmark