MIG-21 is wip on SAS

Csocso, that looks awesome buddy Wink

Deutschmark Wrote:
F22-Raptor-2006 Wrote:
KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Wow. One of my fears turned into one of my favourites in a second.

Well that says a lot about all the flaming on this site...

Well Raptor, I dont see Cnopicilin's post as a flame, I see it more as a cpmplement.
And as for flaming threads these days on this site they end up being locked or flame
Posts removed or the whole thread deleted, much like is done at other IL2 sites.

Deutschmark

Sorry, maybe I didn't come out very clearly. What I meant is that when someone on this forum posts a topic which is jet related such as this Mig-21 everyone starts coming in saying it's not possible, go away, go to lock on and all those other flaming posts about this and that and now that someone has proved it's possible they all change their minds..... so pretty much they just say what people want to hear rather than their actual opinion if you get what I mean. I acknowledge the admins and moderators have been working to stop some of this flaming etc... it's just as a general point of view that if you put anything slightly out of the normal on this site such as a jet then it will get flamed down and arguments will go everywhere straight away. Which is partly why some people don't visit this site daily as they used to.

Rap

Yep, I understand what you mean Rap. Although, with all honesty, I can say that I was one of those-nay-sayers, and really this recent work has opened my mind to Il-2's future potential (and also SoW's) Wink

F22-Raptor-2006 Wrote:Sorry, maybe I didn't come out very clearly. What I meant is that when someone on this forum posts a topic which is jet related such as this Mig-21 everyone starts coming in saying it's not possible, go away, go to lock on and all those other flaming posts about this and that and now that someone has proved it's possible they all change their minds..... so pretty much they just say what people want to hear rather than their actual opinion if you get what I mean. I acknowledge the admins and moderators have been working to stop some of this flaming etc... it's just as a general point of view that if you put anything slightly out of the normal on this site such as a jet then it will get flamed down and arguments will go everywhere straight away. Which is partly why some people don't visit this site daily as they used to.

Rap

Well have you see that happen in this thread or on this new site?
We welcome all works here at this site no matter what they are.
So I think your talking about the old site and thinking in the old ways. :wink:
But this is getting off topic here so please lets get back to the Mig 21.

Deutschmark

Deutschmark Wrote:Well have you see that happen in this thread or on this new site?
We welcome all works here at this site no matter what they are.
So I think your talking about the old site and thinking in the old ways. :wink:
But this is getting off topic here so please lets get back to the Mig 21.

Deutschmark

Well time will tell although the problem is really to do with the people rather than the forum, and yes back to the subject now Wink

philip.ed Wrote:and really this recent work has opened my mind to Il-2's future potential (and also SoW's) Wink

..oo,dude,you have no idea what else is possible Wink..this game is just awesome Smile...

The MIG-21 was indeed an awesome work of aeronautical engineering, being affordable to produce and maintain, while formidable in combat. Over 50 countries flew the MIG-21 in all its variants.

This was the first Soviet aircaft to effectively combine both fighter and interceptor into one. At the time, it broke several aviation records. Some countries still fly them with more modern electronics and weaponry.

In my opinion, SAS would have searched hard to find a better aircraft for inclusion in IL-2. Smile

Here's more about the MIG-21:
http://www.bing.com/reference/semhtml/? ... 1&q=mig-21

Thank you for this info Smile...this is like an AK47 of jet planes...there may be better and newer planes,but 21 is still around...I can't believe they were selling them to civilian operators for as low as 45000$.

AAS intested in guided missiles, and MIG-21s, and F-4 phantoms????

Big Grin NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY Big Grin

Verhängnis Wrote:They basically already have radar guided missles done.

Read twisters Update post.

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... l#msg63728

Big Grin

made a video of it already so more people can share this EPIC experience, now it is EASY to get kills!!!

Sean, please don't double post. You have an edit button. Use it.

And Easier to get kills? AiM-9's = Lazy

X-4's you actually need some skill.

HH_Cipher Wrote:Sean, please don't double post. You have an edit button. Use it.

no these are fully guided, all by them selves, and only hit enemies, no skill needed, just get on an enemy tail and pop a missile in there prop! or jet...

Sean2323 Wrote:
HH_Cipher Wrote:Sean, please don't double post. You have an edit button. Use it.

no these are fully guided, all by them selves, and only hit enemies, no skill needed, just get on an enemy tail and pop a missile in there prop! or jet...
The missile you were using was not X-4. X-4 was a wire-guided missile. The mod just uses the same 3D-model.

This is very cool stuff, already read about the Mig-21 project at SAS forums.
Personally, from a fanboy perspective, I would love to fly a Mig-21 or F-4 in IL-2 for the eye-candy and speed immersion-but-coming from FreeFalcon5, a jet sim based on Falcon 4.0, where I participated, I do think more or less realistic radar and avionics modelling for 3rd generation jet fighters will be problematic or impossible in IL-2 unless you want to turn the modded aircraft into an arcade plane. It's just a completely different cup of tea. Very complex, if you want it realistic.
However, I have NO idea at all what the IL-2 code can do. And love the classic jets in this sim..
Maybe F-4s/Mig-21s/F-5A/ MirageIIIs etc may form the farest possible era of aircraft possibly included here and still being convincing. Independent of realism implications: The model seen in the first page here looks very decent.

I don't dev, so if someone can convince me, I'd gladly hear that.. :Smile)

In any case, hats of for those Mig-21 and missile projects at SAS. Really-Kudos.

Tom

TomFF Wrote:This is very cool stuff, already read about the Mig-21 project at SAS forums.
Personally, from a fanboy perspective, I would love to fly a Mig-21 or F-4 in IL-2 for the eye-candy and speed immersion-but-coming from FreeFalcon5, a jet sim based on Falcon 4.0, where I participated, I do think more or less realistic radar and avionics modelling for 3rd generation jet fighters will be problematic or impossible in IL-2 unless you want to turn the modded aircraft into an arcade plane. It's just a completely different cup of tea. Very complex, if you want it realistic.
Tom

I wouldn't say impossible, but probably a lot of programming/scripting/coding work.
I know what are you talking about, I played both Falcon and Lock On so I understand how these things work. :wink: