[MOD] Cinema Special FX

One million thanks socorrista22198.

This is most than needed for us movie makers. Big Grin

Love these effects Big Grin thanks Wink

Hi all
I think I will share here the effects pics/video demos for a better looking of this thread, it´s only a copy paste, but the descriptions... the original post is made with tables and would be so much work :Smile)

Ey looks good! Tongue

Hi Socorrista
I installed the smoke mod for the aerobatics ( great music on the video) but the smoke looks very thin on my install( UP2.1 4.09m + Pluttonium+ all yours little effects, and a lot more)
Any sugestions
Bets regards
Gerson

Hi

Have you added the BomBayDoors parameter?

These are wonderful effects- too bad the movie effects can't work for us regular gamers too...sigh...
Noticed one thig with install of Tank dust on my HFSX install( haven't tried it yet in UP) it takes one heck of an FPS drop when you actually turn into seeing it occur.This may be because in the Hurricane tank- busting Afica campaign,there are a lot of tanks on the move at once.When you turn away ( to see sky or landscape )FPS goes up again.
I'm always careful to say that this may be because of problems in my own install...tho...

I am using the mid-air explosion effect though and it's really quite awesome in play.

Big Grin

Dietz Wrote:These are wonderful effects- too bad the movie effects can't work for us regular gamers too...sigh...
Noticed one thig with install of Tank dust on my HFSX install( haven't tried it yet in UP) it takes one heck of an FPS drop when you actually turn into seeing it occur.This may be because in the Hurricane tank- busting Afica campaign,there are a lot of tanks on the move at once.When you turn away ( to see sky or landscape )FPS goes up again.
I'm always careful to say that this may be because of problems in my own install...tho...

hehe Obiously a better looking effect stress more our computers. I tested this without problems with max of 50 tanks when I released the first version. The only problem is the same as always in this game, when you look to the smoke too near, the FPS drops considerably. As you can see, in the demo pic, the FPS are around 50 and with 50 tanks I remember that didn´t drop of 30 FPS. I don´t think HSFX is the problem, this effect is a simple file nothing more, it´s strange. One thing it´s true, I think the smoke cloud is too tall, what do all of you think?

philip.ed Wrote:I am using the mid-air explosion effect though and it's really quite awesome in play.

Big Grin

:OO how do you have obtain the sinchronization for the secuence starts ok at all times?

Lifeguard,

Larger smoke volume will decrease FPS, but in real life, the smoke can sometimes ascend to great height with dispersal of smoke particles. (I know that I am challenging your use of English with these words. Tongue )

REQUEST: Can you make your effects so that they could be activated in two, three, or maybe four levels of size? If you had some kind of little switch and packed all your effects into it, then the user could select the amount of effect. This would be the ultimate challenge but also the greatest achievement for your effects, in my humble opinion.

Unil that time, you could have two sets of effects mods:

1) FPS friendly effects pack.
2) High performance effects pack.

Let the user choose which one according to the capabilities of the user's computer.

:mrgreen:

I´m with you Fireskull, to let for the inexpert user the posibility to be able to select what he want to see. I´m a solidary person unfortunately it would spend x4 the time work and I not a team 1C member!! and... I´m spanish... :mrgreen: the party´s call it´s too powerfull.

I can make effects from personal requests, for a movie (as I did with Erg./JG54_crazty), or in this case for reduce the FPS impact in the tank dust. It´s all I can do if I want to have free time to live :Smile)

As you experiment with projects in the future, you might want to set aside a large effect (for powerful systems) and another small effect over the same object (for weak systems). This way you could offer both.

I understand that time is limited. Smile

I will try Tongue

I am not sure, when a plane explodes I see the effect! Tongue as long as it stays that way I'm happy Big Grin

stuning work Big Grin ...this game just gets better and better ...thank you ..

You're using Bender's clouds, right? I can't seem to find a download for 'em.