[MOD] Cinema Special FX

lol my mind isn´t as extremely effective as yours xD
I didn´t try to make a max of birds but this isn´t as significant as we could think, the birds are only a simple animated texture. In the demo video, I think the computer work is the same as if we explode a 250 bomb in a city. The emit frecuency is low Wink

Hello socorrista22198, first big thanks for your mod! Use it for quite a time without issues and like it very much!
I have two questions:
1) I downloaded the "little efffects" all in one file, is there a way to disable only the aircraft (damage) smoke..(as you said, a bit too volumetric for me TBH-- :oopsSmile , or do I have to uninstall and install the other mods manually?

2) I applied the "New chimney Smokes and bird effects" independent of this "little effects" mod along with the file changes in my stationary and technics.ini, do I need to disable the "Airshow Smoke" section in my conf.ini? Thanks in advance.. Smile
I will test the birds now-that may give me the answer to question 2. :mrgreen:

Cheers!
Tom

Hi TomFF

1 Do you mean the 02 or 04? what is TBH? The "Little effects.zip" comes with a text file that shows the files for each effect, you must to delete (in the Files folder, no in this .txt ^^) the files corresponding to the effect you meant, and you will see the last effect you was using.

2 I think no, why do you ask? Have you had problems with it? :oops:

Thanks for answering, socorrista22198!
To 1: I think I meant 2, the aircraft damage smoke..I will have a look in the text file and try to delete the files named there, thank you!

To 2: I just asked because I read something regarding the Airshow smoke in your how to here:
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=2691

"14. Birds.
No need synchronization. This replaces the air show smoke, so when you want a scene with birds, place a plane in the ground with a direction and active the smoke. Active/desactive the smoke for more birds. Important: this uses the default green and red air show smoke, so do not active the BoomBayDoors parameter AirShowSmoke=1."

Don't know exactly about that plane on the ground, the birds didn't show up so far with and without your mod, placed a static Spitfire on the map with your mod, but still no birds. I think it is something different in my install.

I will post my questions in the New Chimney Smokes and birds thread. I think this is independent of your nice mod!

P.S.: TBH means: "To be honest", just a shorty.. :mrgreen:

Enjoying your mod and thanks again.. Big Grin

Tom

Try this birds (airshow smoke) in movement pressing the T and tell me what do you see, birds, the original two trails green and red, or a white volumetric smoke.

Okey, will try, only problem: So far I didn't see any birds inside the animated world at all. But will try...

Thank you..

Tom

Hey!! Tried it again, disabling the Histomod STD files and now I see the birds and the original wingtip smoke..cool!
(Off topic: Is there a colour combination that provides white wingtip smoke?
Or even a way to get white negine airshow smoke? Sorry for going off-topic..)

Anyway, thanks for sharing your time, I thinkit works and I am happy though! Carry on..

Tom Big Grin

Yes you can replace the original airshow trails for 3d smoke. Open with notepad \IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\3do\Effects\Aircraft\AirShowGreenTSPD.eff and AirShowRedTSPD.eff and replace all by this (if you don´t have this files create them):

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TParticlesSystemParams
[General]
MatName ../TEXTURES/Smoke.mat
Color0 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.2
Color1 0.804 0.816 0.912 0.0001
nParticles 4096
FinishTime -1
MaxR 20
PhiN 2
PsiN 1
LiveTime 10
EmitFrq 50
EmitVelocity 10 15
EmitTheta 0.2 10
GasResist 0.05
VertAccel -0.1
Wind 2
Size 0.7 50
Rnd 0.8

(it´s the ultrapack settings)

The Color0 and 1 section is where you can play with color: red green blue opacity (values 0 - 1, 0=black and 1=white)

Hey Guys

Need a little help with this one..

Im going to make a few statments based on what I have read at the UltraPack link, i.e.

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php?topic=2691

Please correct me if I am wrong..

1 ) This 'Cinema Special FX' mod is NOT the 'Plutonium Maximum Effects Mod', right?

2 ) There are two main parts to the 'Cinema Special FX' mod(s), SECTION 1 and SECTION 2, right?

3 ) SECTION 1 is intended to use while playing IL-2 and SECTION 2 is intended for movie makers, that is to say you may not be able to use SECTION 2 mods and still have a decent enough FPS to play online, right?

4 ) SECTION 1 consists of several seperate mods, i.e.
  • 01. Desert Tanks Dust
    02. Motor fire smoke
    03. Orginal shell castings
    04. Crashed plane fire and smoke
    05. n/a P.O SECTION 2
    06. n/a P.O SECTION 2
    07. Campfire
    08. Fire truck.
    09. n/a P.O SECTION 2
    10. n/a P.O SECTION 2
    11. Ship and train smoke
    12. Air show smoke
    13. Water splash
right?

5 ) The 'Little Effects' DL, i.e.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kwbh42y214gynnz
contains all the SECTION 1 mods, right?

6 ) SECTION 2 consists of several seperate mods, i.e.
  • 05. Truck explosion
    06. Fuel truck explosion
    09. Fuel truck explosion V2
    10. Mid air explosion
    14. Brids
right?

7 ) The 'Plutonium Maximum Effects Mod' should be listed BEFORE this 'Cinema Special FX' in the \MODS folder, right?

And the way to do that is to 'name' the folders such that they 'list' that way, as show in the following picture
[Image: Install.jpg]
Note the example only shows the 'Plutonium Maximum Effects Mod' folder, but if I were to rename them I would want to do something like this..

\00_Plutonium_Maximum_Effects
\01_Cinema_Special_FX

right?

8 ) The 'Plutonium Maximum Effects Mod' is NOT part of the stock HSFX 4.1 mod pack, right?

9 ) If I DL the 'Little Effects' mod that contains all of the SECTION 1 mods and put it in my MODS folder as is with no changes I should be seeing all the mods listed in SECTION 1, right?

Hi ACE-OF-ACES

1, 2, 4, 6 & 9 Right

3 Right but a FPS lost isn´t the reason for no use it in game, the problem is the synchronization of animations starts, read those post, we speak about it.

5 No, all except those that are only for specific situations like the nº01 desert tank dust. Note: the nº13 water splash will be included when I release a new effect.

7 No, Little Effects must be first, because it modifies Plutonium.

8 I think no, but I don´t know sorry.

Nice way to make questions XD hope it helps.

this is effin' epic, need new desktop!

socorrista22198..thanks for answering my question as well. Will test your advice this evening.

Cheers :Smile)

Tom

socorrista22198 Wrote:Hi ACE-OF-ACES

1, 2, 4, 6 & 9 Right

3 Right but a FPS lost isn´t the reason for no use it in game, the problem is the synchronization of animations starts, read those post, we speak about it.

5 No, all except those that are only for specific situations like the nº01 desert tank dust. Note: the nº13 water splash will be included when I release a new effect.

7 No, Little Effects must be first, because it modifies Plutonium.

8 I think no, but I don´t know sorry.

Nice way to make questions XD hope it helps.
Thanks socorrista22198!

And thanks for the mod! I love it!

Socorrista, these little pieces of art proof all our talent. Marvellous. I have some running on my first machine with AAAsoundmod, and tonight I will try on another machine with Ultrapack 2.1, hoping they work as well..

It should... Big Grin