Release date?

Hi all,

I swear I am not one of these people that constantly harps about when promised updates/patches will be released, but has anybody heard anything new on 4.10 from Dialdos Team or 1C? I've been to the Dialdos site and it doesn't look like they have posted anything new for a while. If I've missed something will some kind soul please enlighten me or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks!

March Hare

Try here...
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12568

Planemad

Within the link that Planemad gave. Should be a rough "Time Table" of scheduled release dates and patches.

We currently seem to be running 3-4 months behind the scheduled release dates. However it does look like much more content will be included in the next patch than had been first announced.

Thanks Murph,

Any official word on that from TD or 1C? Or, since you say "We," are you involved with TD? (If you are, please pardon my ignorance :oops: ).

March Hare

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression- no, I am not on the TD team. By "we" I meant those of us who have been patiently waiting for the patch. The original time line published by TD was to release 4.10 in March, but of course things have way of becoming much more complicated than they might have looked at the time the time line was published. I guess I'd rather wait for it if it means it will be a well-tested, more finished product.
Besides that, it's free, so It would be ungracious to complain about how long it takes.

I think one major reason for the delay has been explained by TD:
Quote:Development Update - 2010-05-20

Dear IL-2 fans. We would like to inform that after several months of negotiations with Oleg, Ilya and MG/1C management, our team has signed a non-exclusive license agreement. Basically this agreement will give Team Daidalos full access to all assets related to the sim, but our work still remains non-commercial. Most important assets for us now is the SFS tools so that we can build the patch independently and don't need to sacrifice MG team's precious time. Also this will speed up the releasing process, since we can do a new build ourselves if we find bugs from release candidate build.

This past month we have been learning the use the new tools which has taken some time. Also we had to build up a proper codebase for the tools and overall adjust our ways of working. So please have patience and excuse us for the delay. We still do this for free as a hobby and not from 9 to 5 and probably everyone has had less time to give to TD than they wanted to give. Good news is that we don't have any major bugs open. Just some integration work left, finishing some WIP default skins, adjusting some small things and testing that we didn't break anything.
(http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12568)

This should help ensure the long-term viability of continuing patches, as 1C:Maddox will no doubt be too busy with SoW:BoB etc to commit further resources to what is after all a low priority for them.

I understand the reasons for the delay, and as I stated in the first post, I've been to 1C's website. My question was promted not so much by a lack of understanding about the reasons behind the delay, as it was by an apparent lack of current updates on the progress of the development. I understand the delay, and do not mind the delay - as Murph says, it probably means a more completely tested and less buggy patch. But if you notice on the 1C website, the last update was a month ago. So, with no new info there, I've come here asking if anyone has heard anything new on 4.10's progress.

March Hare