[MOD] Puerto Rico v2.0

Here is the final version of Puerto Rico. I've had it up for download on Ultrapack and SAS sites since AAA went down. I just now discovered this new AAS site thanks to Poltava's link to a map on M4T. It's good to be back on a familiar site!

cztx_PuertoRico map version 2.0 is available to download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/moyovnxivo...ico_V2.zip

Add the following line to your all.ini file:
cztx_PuertoRico cztx_PuertoRico/load.ini

Some changes have been made so this is a little different than the WIP map version 1.
*added more railroads; used delvpier's Mods Bridges and KevinP's road/rail plate MOD.
*changed the water color to a lighter tropical blue.
*added more seaplane bases.
*added some more buildings but not many.
*inland lakes do not have surf now.
*added more land to Culebra bay and fixed the airfield problem there.

Link to KevinP's road/rail MOD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljtwmtzw2nm

I noticed a small error on the map. There are two places with the name Roosevelt Roads. This can be easily fixed by opening the Text file in the map folder and deleting the last "Roosevelt Roads" on the list. Save the file and all is fixed.

2D Map
[Image: ed_m02.jpg]

VinVin made a Puerto Rico flag mod found here: http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum ... ag#p318359

Download PR skins I made here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzmwmgjgdyd/PRskins.zip
You can also find them at Mission4Today.com.
There are 2 P-63 "Coqui Squadron" skins olive drab and silver.
One F4U-1D "Bucaneros Squadron" skin.
One YP-80 jet "156FG Bucaneros (template by Max_thehitman

Some interesting facts about Puerto Rico:
Puerto Rico became a territory of the United States upon the signing of the Treaty of Paris on December 10, 1898. Upon the outbreak of World War I, the U.S. Congress approved the Jones-Shafroth Act, which gave Puerto Ricans a limited citizenship. As a result, many Puerto Ricans, with the exception of women, became eligible for the military draft, however they were and still are not permitted to vote for the President of the United States who is also the Commander in Chief of the armed forces.

In World War I Puerto Ricans opened fire, in what is considered to be the first shot of that war on behalf of the United States, on an armed German supply ship trying to force its way out of San Juan Bay. As members of the "Porto Rico Regiment" they were sent to Panama to guard and defend the Panama Canal Zone. In New York, many Puerto Ricans of African descent joined the 396th Infantry Regiment which was mostly composed of African-Americans. As members of the 396th Infantry Regiment, also known as the "Harlem Hellfighters", they were not allowed to fight alongside their white counterparts; however, they were permitted to fight as members of a French unit in French uniforms and were awarded the French Croix de guerre. Before the United States entered World War II, Puerto Ricans were already fighting on European soil, not only in the Rif War, but also on both sides of the Spanish Civil War.

During World War II, Puerto Ricans served in every military branch of the United States. Puerto Ricans from the island, serving in the 65th Infantry Regiment, participated in combat in the European Theater — in Germany and Central Europe. Those who resided in the mainland of the United States were assigned to regular units of the military and served either in the European or Pacific theaters of the war. World War II was the first conflict in which women, other than nurses, were allowed to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. This was also the first time that Puerto Ricans played important roles as commanders in the Armed Forces of the United States. Some Puerto Rican aviators served and fought for three different countries as members of the Royal Canadian Air Force, the British Royal Air Force and the United States Army Air Force.

During the Korean War Puerto Ricans distinguished themselves as part of the 65th Infantry Regiment receiving many awards and recognitions, including ten Distinguished Service Crosses, however some men were unjustly accused and involved in the largest court martial of said war. Puerto Ricans have continued to fight in every conflict in which the United States has been involved, among which are the Vietnam War, Operation El Dorado Canyon, Operation Desert Shield, Operation Restore Hope, Operation Desert Storm and in the military campaigns of Afghanistan and Iraq, in what the United States and its allies refer to as the War on Terrorism.

Some Puerto Ricans became notable commanders, some have been awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest military decoration in the United States or The Cruz Laureada de San Fernando (Laureate Cross of Saint Ferdinand), the highest military decoration awarded by the Spanish government. In World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War Puerto Ricans were the most decorated Hispanic soldiers and in some cases they were the first to die in combat.

More facts about Puerto Rico here:
http://www.puertorico-herald.org/PuertoR...lance.html

Very cool! Smile
Am sure you will see some nice missions made for this map.

Deutschmark

Wonderful map, I just install it, and I liked so much fly over the caribean, thank you!

Thanks Deutschmark!
You're welcome Socorrista! :Smile)
This map was a joy to make because my friend is from Ponce and I learned much more about the island. Some of the town names might be incorrect because I mostly referenced Google Earth. She pointed out to me that some of those names are just very small villages and are not important. I said, Oh well, they're on Google Earth so they must be there!

This map is great for "what if" and "1946" type scenarios.
Hmm, what if ...Spain still had possession of PR during the Spanish Civil War... missions could use the early type airplanes in IL2. This map is excellent for short -distance dogfights.

Enjoy!

Can't save in FMB. Any ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.

duffys tavern Wrote:Can't save in FMB. Any ideas. Any help greatly appreciated.
If you can't save then you must be missing a MOD.
I built this map with the old UI 1.1.1 + the bridges mod and road/rail plates mod so it's pretty basic.
Which MOD files system are you using? AAA/AAS, Ultrapack? HSFX?

Do you have delvpier's Mods Bridges and KevinP's road/rail plate MOD?

The Bridges mod can be found on my Mediafire page.
Link to KevinP's road/rail MOD: http://www.mediafire.com/?ljtwmtzw2nm

I changed the water colors. I don't know if that has anything to do with saving but it might. To test water...Just delete (make a backup first) the water color values and replace them with standard IL2 water.

4.09m with SAS Mod. Will try your suggestions and reply back. Thanx.

Another member had a problem loading BurmaLower map. He found the problem was a conflict with the Generic Mod Enabler and "perfect map textures." I wonder if this has anything to do with loading Puerto Rico too?
Here is what I wrote on the BurmaLower discussion:

If you are experiencing problems getting this map or other large maps to work then there may be a conflict with another MOD.
I got a tip from another fella who has UP2.01 with a MOD conflict and the following is a quote from him...
The following is a quote from the fella who discovered it...

"One of my MODS, the "Perfect Map Texture", which can be enabled with Generic MOD Enabler made it impossible to load your map, B-29 Alley, Thailand, etc. In other words, all the more "heavy" maps could not load because of this Mod."

When this MOD was removed all the maps were able to work.

This may or may not be an isolated incident but for those of you having problems this might be helpful.

Lovely map CzechTexan, just started your what if campaign for the P-26. Novel slant on the SCW, nice. 8)

[Image: Puerto1.jpg]

[Image: puerto2.jpg]

Scratch one bogey.

[Image: Puerto3.jpg]

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. Big Grin

I have my IL2 with 4.09 and UP 2, do i need anything else to add this map to my sim guys? thanks

kilo11 Wrote:I have my IL2 with 4.09 and UP 2, do i need anything else to add this map to my sim guys? thanks

No you don't, just put the files here - C:\where you installed\Il-2 Sturmovik\Files\maps, and put the right files into the right folder.

Planemad