New Ships At SAS

I don't care what gets added to my fleet, as long as it it BIG.

asheshouse Wrote:There are many more important carriers missing from the game than the Graf Zeppelin.
I cant understand the fascination it seems to hold.

You are completely right, Asheshouse, as I said: too many important ships missing.

But in defense of GZ "fascination", I think it comes from the fact that many luftwaffe fans also love carrier operations (me, to mention one). So it is more a "fascination" on having a german carrier vs having none at all, plus the fact that it would have been a perfect complement to the Bismark and may have prevented its fate ( so it is "fascination" with some alternate scenarios as well :wink: ) .

That's why I am happy with the repaint (I wouldn't mind attempting a 3d model at some point). For the moment, we certainly would like to see more japanese and US ships/carriers out there. Not only the impressive ones (Yamato battleship anyone?) but also the smaller & more numerous ones.

I was thinking of the Light Cruisers:

Konigsberg K Class
Nurnberg Class

or Heavy Cruisers:

Deutschland Class
Hipper Class

but a Scharnhorst would be nice too.

The Light Cruisers tend to be overlooked but these were pretty active in the Baltic right up to the end.

Scharnhorst wreck has been discovered....

Hi all, this is a question i've always wanted to ask and that puzzles me..... what's the use of the chief.ini? I don't have it and everytime I tried to put it in my mods folder together with all my other .inis my game just crashes or doesn't load at all

I have sas mod enabled no HSFX or UP.... any clue?

The chief.ini is one of a group of ini and properties files which are used to define a slot for a vehicle.
"Vehicles" includes tanks, trucks, ships, trains --- I think any moving objects which are not aircraft.

To add new ships you must make text entries in chief.ini ---- and other files.

You must start with your existing game chief.ini
Not one that you have got from an old download like ShipPack2

Your existing file may be in root\files\com\maddox\il2\objects

Make a copy of it and put in root\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects
Do the text edits to the copy not the original.

Note: I am using HSFX 4.1 so UP may be a bit different, but you need to start by finding the existing chief.ini.

If you have SAS Mod Enabler then your chief.ini may still be hidden in *.sfs compressed files
You will need to get an original chief.ini for v4.09m and put it in the MODS folder as described.

Other files needed to add ships are:

ship.ini
stationary.ini
technics_ru.properties

Ashe

Well Ashe what can I say.... your answer is just perfect and clear, thanks indeed! I'll try to find my chief.ini in my main game.... thanks again! ciao

Unfortunately I don't seem to have a Chief.ini in my main game..... where can i get one? anywhere i can download one?

Try these. http://www.mediafire.com/file/lxox7k9rq ... tFiles.rar

I have not tested them so no idea if they will work with your installation.

chief.ini, ship.ini, stationary.ini should go into folder root\MODS\STD\com\maddox\IL2\objects
technics_ru.properties goes into root\MODS\STD\i18n

Do not edit the files until you have tested them.
If the game loads ok with these files in the MODS folder as described then they are good for your installation.
If not I cannot help.

If the game crashes or fails to start just delete the files and you will be back to as before.

After you have the game loading ok with these then you can try adding new ships.

Ashe

Thanks a lot Ashe, I'll try them... and I'll let you know...

hi Ashe, I've put chief.ini in the place you told me, and it all works, thanks! i noticed though that the other ini files were smaller than the ones i had so i didn't replace them.... hope i won't find problems later, what do you think? should I try to implement the different files so to have a complete one?

If it works the way you have it then the other files must be good for your installation. Work with those.

Every time you add a mod you are likely to be editing some of these files so with your Custom installation your files will be unique to you. Never ever allow them to be overwritten, and keep a backup set when you do edits to them until you know the new set is working ok.

I will follow your suggestion, thanks for all your help!!!! I really appreciated it!

asheshouse Wrote:There are many more important carriers missing from the game than the Graf Zeppelin.
I cant understand the fascination it seems to hold.

The KM needs more cruisers before it needs a carrier.

Agreed. Especially a carrier that sat in port the entire war. What is the point of that.

... A ship that doesn't go to sea is like a plane that doesn't fly ...