DCG Battle of Britain 1940 V1.2 (V1.3 for DBW)

i just put in the campaign and selected it in game and i click play and nothing, i click agian, nothing. Can u help me lonestar.

Russ_Ace Wrote:i just put in the campaign and selected it in game and i click play and nothing, i click agian, nothing. Can u help me lonestar.

Hi,
I assume that you have correctly installed DCG!
Same procedure is for UP Version!

1. Put the campaign file "Battle of Britain 1940 V1.1 HSFX" in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG" folder!

2. Make a safe copy of your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

3.Copy all files from "Battle of Britain 1940 V1.1 HSFX\DGen" folder into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

4. Put both files from "Battle of Britain 1940 V1.1 HSFX/PaintSchemes/Skins" into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/PaintSchemes/Skins" folder!

Note: Pics for UP Version!

[Image: c2c8b3223506fae395a33f2e69d733c85g.jpg]
Pic1: Activate "Off-Line Career (Full- Auto-Generation)" and "Replace Career Generator (Dgen)"
Note: DCG will make a "Dgen.bak" of your Original "Dgen.exe" when you activate this option!

[Image: b574e90272f3172acaeb2c7886c7f82f5g.jpg]
Pic2: Check the "Files" option "Optional third party Data folder"!

[Image: 1d49135551fefe6ced785c63fe5cf05c0165816b...94f15g.jpg]
Pic3:Open the folder "Battle of Britain 1940 V1.1 HSFX" (or UP) and choose the "allcampaigns.dcg" file and click "open"!

[Image: 4c39c10aed8fba9bc433d4d697259561030c2273...cc0c5g.jpg]
Pic4: Close DCG, start IL-2 HSFX (or UP), choose your Service and Career and press "Start"!

[Image: 9c6980699a107f20a7931db973d45b38bc9e43c1...7fd85g.jpg]
Pic5: Now choose the sub-campaign, you want to play and press "Generate"!

Hope it helps!

i followed ur instuctions and got to where i saw the sub campaigns in the game but when i click generate nothing happonds. i have HSFX , the latest.

WOW!
Downloading now!
THX for this!
kap

Russ_Ace Wrote:i followed ur instuctions and got to where i saw the sub campaigns in the game but when i click generate nothing happonds. i have HSFX , the latest.

Hi,
Do you have these two "Files" options for DCG already set?
DCG Program Location
Game Program Location

Where you have copied the "Battle of Britain 1940 V1.1 HSFX" campaign file?
It should be in here: IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/IL2DCG

I have tried the HSFX version again and it works!
I have tested this Version with HSFX 4.1, not version 4.11!

kapteeni Wrote:WOW!
Downloading now!
THX for this!
kap

Happy landings, kap! Smile

Russ_Ace Wrote:i followed ur instuctions and got to where i saw the sub campaigns in the game but when i click generate nothing happonds. i have HSFX , the latest.

Hi Russ_Acer,

Do you have this download - dont know if your missing those fils.

http://forums.oesau.jg1.org/viewtopic.php?t=17792

saf1 Wrote:

Hi Russ_Acer,

No, he does not need the files! All necessary files are included in the campaign file!

i made shure the options for dcg are correct and am 100% positve the folder is in the right spot

Russ_Ace Wrote:i made shure the options for dcg are correct and am 100% positve the folder is in the right spot

Sorry, I dont know what the problem is! :-?
If other people have the same problem, please post it here!

I am working currently on an installation guide for DCG and how to install and start a 3rd party campaign in DCG (with my bad english)!
I hope it helps anyway!

Sorry, Russ_Ace!

Lonestar Wrote:
saf1 Wrote:

Hi Russ_Acer,

No, he does not need the files! All necessary files are included in the campaign file!

Gruse,

:-? that`s odd because I could not open anything DCG vice without those fils - on my old install 2.0n + update (patch), my DCG was placed in my IL2 folder. After a new and full UP 2.01 install I placed my DCG in the Ubisoft folder (my install was scrued up when I ran the UP2.01 update from 2.0n that`s why I did a new install). When replaceing the DCG with Dgen there was no british only the german one and when I trying to activate it nothing habben Confusedhock: Then I throwed the fils from the link above in the DCG main folder and it worked - I have to say I still use your 1.0 campaign.

One interesting thing though, when running the campaign on the 2.0n + patch intall with the correction of the textures for can channel (my link above) everything was smooth now, with UP 2.01 I get some freezes (not your campaign though) it must be some texture change for the channel map in UP 2.01.

@ Russ_Ace,

Can you run any of the the DCG campaigns (the stock ones)?

saf1 Wrote:Gruse,

:-? that`s odd because I could not open anything DCG vice without those fils - on my old install 2.0n + update (patch), my DCG was placed in my IL2 folder. After a new and full UP 2.01 install I placed my DCG in the Ubisoft folder (my install was scrued up when I ran the UP2.01 update from 2.0n that`s why I did a new install). When replaceing the DCG with Dgen there was no british only the german one and when I trying to activate it nothing habben Confusedhock: Then I throwed the fils from the link above in the DCG main folder and it worked - I have to say I still use your 1.0 campaign.

One interesting thing though, when running the campaign on the 2.0n + patch intall with the correction of the textures for can channel (my link above) everything was smooth now, with UP 2.01 I get some freezes (not your campaign though) it must be some texture change for the channel map in UP 2.01.

@ Russ_Ace,

Hi,
Again, he dont needs these files to play this campaign!
All additional modded aircrafts you need for this campaign are allready in this files!
If the DCG option "Optional third party Data folder" has been chosen, DCG uses only the files that are in this 3rd party folder!
The files that you mention contain also additional aircraft, that DCG has not as default!
If you want to play additional aircrafts by HSFX or UP in a stock DCG campaign, then you need these files, thats right!

Lonestar Wrote:
saf1 Wrote:Gruse,

@ Russ_Ace,

Hi,
Again, he dont needs these files to play this campaign!
All additional modded aircrafts you need for this campaign are allready in this files!
If the DCG option "Optional third party Data folder" has been chosen, DCG uses only the files that are in this 3rd party folder!
The files that you mention contain also additional aircraft, that DCG has not as default!
If you want to play additional aircrafts by HSFX or UP in a stock DCG campaign, then you need these files, thats right!

Update @ Lonestar,

I downloaded the 1.1 - when I generate IL2 minemize to taskbare i open by clicking on it the the window where I can generate shows up. I push the generate button again and it goes to taskbare (not crash) will try with the old 1.0 again. Hmm very odd in deed Big Grin

saf1 Wrote:Update @ Lonestar,

I downloaded the 1.1 - when I generate IL2 minemize to taskbare i open by clicking on it the the window where I can generate shows up. I push the generate button again and it goes to taskbare (not crash) will try with the old 1.0 again. Hmm very odd in deed Big Grin

Hi,
I didnt changed anything important in V1.1 :?:
I used stock Squadrons and aircrafts by the Mods!
BTW: I have UP 2.01/HSFX 4.1 (via Switcher) and only two mods and one additional aircraft in my "Mods" folder!

Lonestar Wrote:
saf1 Wrote:Update @ Lonestar,

Hi,
I didnt changed anything important in V1.1 :?:
I used stock Squadrons and aircrafts by the Mods!
BTW: I have UP 2.01/HSFX 4.1 (via Switcher) and only two mods and one additional aircraft in my "Mods" folder!

Np Im up and running again Big Grin Something must have habben with my Dgen folder and DCG as I could not revert back to defaul Dgen and generate a vanilla 4.09 campaign - so took Dgen folder from my 4.09m back up and copy it to the game folder. Odd things habben at time (have been running DCG as my default campaign gen for mostly a year now). Your campaign are big time I can tell you - I realy enjoy it, so thx again. Big Grin