Dynamic light mod

lowfighter Wrote:Stuka, is it possible to have a similar light but which spreads light over a bigger area let's say 100 meter x 100 meter? It would be good to give light to towns, with the present one it takes too many lights to create a noticeable effect to bigger areas in towns. I tested yesterday and I think it looks great!! I tried to light the center of a small town...
Can't take screenshots in game like it was in the old days when you could take 100 screenshots in one session... :mrgreen:

Hi! "lowfighter"
Yes, it is, the difficulty is to adjust the intensity of light spot , because if it is a big spot (100 meter x 100 mete) it will lose the intensity and is not so visible from far distance, and if you increase the intensity it will cause strange and unusual light and contrast effects on objects around it!

Thanks Stuka for explaining!
I'll try to set some town lighting with the dynamic light you provided and show it here how i'd like to look, maybe you can still create something on this line...

Thanks for this nice Mod Suka_40 :o Installation was easy and it works very nice. But i've got a question! How did You combinate the Two objekts from Youre Preview Pictures. It seems that You combinate the lantern with the Litle Light objekt. But how did You get the litle Light in the coreckt height? I want to build it my self but i can only place the Litle Light on the Ground and not "in" the Head of the Latern? How did You do that? It would be nice if You could help me 8)

MG_151\20 Wrote:Thanks for this nice Mod Suka_40 :o Installation was easy and it works very nice. But i've got a question! How did You combinate the Two objekts from Youre Preview Pictures. It seems that You combinate the lantern with the Litle Light objekt. But how did You get the litle Light in the coreckt height? I want to build it my self but i can only place the Litle Light on the Ground and not "in" the Head of the Latern? How did You do that? It would be nice if You could help me 8)

That's an old trick that work with the default lights in FMB. That's not a mod.
Select a light source and press F4 and rightmouse button at the same time. You will see the light lifts as high as you want.

Lejo Wrote:That's an old trick that work with the default lights in FMB. That's not a mod.
Select a light source and press F4 and rightmouse button at the same time. You will see the light lifts as high as you want.
Thanks for the Tip. It works 8)
[Image: th_940.jpg]
And thanks again for Youre Light Mod, Stuka_40. It is realy nice. It will give my nightmissions a new and more Realistik Look.

Ps.

Sorry for my English. Iam German :oops:

Stuka

would it be possible to make this mod in some other colours please, such as red,orange and green ? They make excellent Target Indicators that can be placed in a mission

regards

slipper

stuka_40

I am trying to find something to imitate the glow and fire effect of area bombing. At the moment you can place fire objects, but they are not really big enough , and do not seem to give off a glow. Do you think it would be possible to make such an object, in say 3 or 4 sizes?

I only ask as your dynamic lighting mod would seem to fit the bill, but in a larger scale.

regards

slipper

slipper Wrote:stuka_40

I am trying to find something to imitate the glow and fire effect of area bombing. At the moment you can place fire objects, but they are not really big enough , and do not seem to give off a glow. Do you think it would be possible to make such an object, in say 3 or 4 sizes?

I only ask as your dynamic lighting mod would seem to fit the bill, but in a larger scale.

regards

slipper
Yes it is.

stuka_40,

Thanks for the reply, but i am sorry i do not know what you mean by "yes it is"?

I was asking if possible you could make some larger dynamic light objects, in a orange and/or red colour, to simulate the glow from a large fire at night.

Do you think you may be able to at some time please?

sorry for the misunderstanding,

regards

slipper

slipper Wrote:stuka_40,

Thanks for the reply, but i am sorry i do not know what you mean by "yes it is"?

I was asking if possible you could make some larger dynamic light objects, in a orange and/or red colour, to simulate the glow from a large fire at night.

Do you think you may be able to at some time please?

sorry for the misunderstanding,

regards

slipper
Sorry, i can't please read my answer to "lowfighter" about intensity and size of light spot in this post.

Ok,

Thanks for reply stuka. I know in the past you have made effects mods, do you think it would be possible to create some fire objects, mainly for night operations, that can be positioned and arranged to give the appearance of a heavily bombed town/city, without the fps loss of placing loads of fire objects to obtain the same effect that we currently have?

cheers again stuka

regards

slipper

Can you reupload this? the mediafire link is broken Sad

Tigre_dos_Pampas Wrote:Can you reupload this? the mediafire link is broken Sad

The download link in first page is updated now, or
Arrow http://www.mediafire.com/?2zwpn3w85e14sum