Screenshot How-to-do-it Topic

Good day, everyone Smile

There are several ways to create and edit screenshots. Can the first few members to post here let us know how you do it. Please feel free to discuss any screenshot ideas to improve them, too.

I placed this topic here to inspire more enjoyment of this forum.

You may post screen capture for instruction purposes here.

Fraps
This program is free and will let you make easy screenshots by pushing only one key that you can designate. Fraps free version will also give you 30 seconds of in game video recording at a time that can be assigned to a single key, too. You can view the AVI video in Windows Media Player and make movies in Windows Movie Maker. All of these programs are free. The paid version of Fraps allows long video recording and some other features.

http://fraps.com/

Windows Screen Capture
Every later Windows Operating System comes with the ability to make screen captures. You can capture only an open window in full view or capture everything on the screen.

I use Microsoft Office PowerPoint to edit the screenshot most of the time. If you have PowerPoint, then I highly recommend this. The screenshot will appear in the clipboard of Powerpoint, which is to the left of the screen. You might need to push the view button to see what is on the clipboard.

fn + alt + prt sc must be pushed together to activate screen capture on my HP Notebook PC. Check with your PC or Mac website Help and Support to learn what your computer requires in the way of key pressing for screenshots. Your computer owner's manual will likely have the same information.

The clipboard is what windows uses for you to house and view a screenshot. Several programs have a clipboard in them or you may download a clipboard from the Microsoft website.

Screenshots can be edited with a wide variety of programs:

GIMP (Free) - Open Source
PaintShop Pro - Payware
PhotoShop - Payware
IrfanView - Freeware
Blender - Open Source

Microsoft Office PowerPoint - Edit the image, add text, resize, and put it in any of many formats such as .jpg, .bmp, .jif, .gif and much more.

Windows Office Picture Manager (Free) (Comes with Windows OS) - Easy cropping of your image and a few functions. You can crop the images according to pixel dimensions. This is so quick and easy that I consider this simple editor to be necessary. It's worth downloading to get this program.

Paint (Free with Windows OS or download it) - To resize the image, even by pixels such as 150 x 150 pixels for an avatar, click at the top on Image, then click Attributes. Attributes will allow you to size by pixels, inches, and centimeters. You can also choose color or black and white.

Photobucket (Free) This website will allow you to house your images. You can also use powerful, simple image editing tools. Once you have your image uploaded, hover your cursor over the top of your image. A command ribbon will appear. Choose Edit function which will take you to all the image editing utilities. Photobucket will let you download your edited image back to your PC.

ImageShack (Free) It is another website which gives you the ability to house and edit your images in ways similar to the bucket.

Both Photobucket and Imageshack are used by All Aircraft Simulation members to house and edit their images, as well as providing links for viewers to see their images from this website. Use the Img feature to place the image in your reply post, found when you edit your post in the features ribbon above the text editor box.

Or just take a screenshot with the IL-2's built-in feature and then move them away from the game's directory.

Yes, and to follow on from Cnopi, the UP pack has a mod that allows pictures/screenshots to be converted from their tga form into .jpeg which is great Wink

I think he mean's to post them for all of us to see :wink:

Planemad

GIMP makes a high quality screenshot and I like the ability to select one of many file types, among other saving features. It can be resaved into any image format.

Select window only or whole screen.

A GIMP user is going to edit the image in GIMP anyway, so it avoids having to open two separate programs.

Fireskull

Irfanview is another program that can be used to edit screenshots. Since it can read TGA files you don't need to open another program to edit or re-size your screenshot.

Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

Wheels