YouTube Movie Making Topic

tomoose Wrote:Apologies for jumping in here but I have a Virtual Dub question.
Somewhere along the line Virtual Dub now makes my movies incredibly huge, to the point that I've stopped using it.
I normally load up my FRAPS clip and edit but when finally saving it ends up huge. What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using XP SP3
AMD Athlon64 3700+ 2.4Ghz 2.5 Gig of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7800GS AGP

You are forgetting to choose a Compression codec. Preferably for me XVid or DivX. Some people can use Huffy. Without a compression selected, you'll get HUGE files in the range of Many Gigabytes...instead of a relatively low size in the low hundreds of Mb, or Much less.

What program makes smoothest videos? My FRAPS drops my FPS to 10.

tomoose Wrote:Apologies for jumping in here but I have a Virtual Dub question.
Somewhere along the line Virtual Dub now makes my movies incredibly huge, to the point that I've stopped using it.
I normally load up my FRAPS clip and edit but when finally saving it ends up huge. What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using XP SP3
AMD Athlon64 3700+ 2.4Ghz 2.5 Gig of RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7800GS AGP

Nothing wrong there.... you need to record your videos In the best Quality that you can get , so the 10 seconds video is about 80Mb , With Virtual Dub and HuffYUV codec (see first post) you managed to correct some record problems that caused from fraps so when you render your video its easier to compress and needs lower memory for the process ,i will give you an example , my rig have 8 gigs of memory and i use i7 processor i started a project only recorded with fraps and i drop all the video files in the sony vegas, When i render it the sony vegas gets an error witch said that it needs more memory to finish the project! More haha lol ? No it just need to use Virtual Dub and rendered perfect ....i use different codec from HuffYUV but its not free and its no in trial version either, but its almost the same and recommended for HD movies higher than 1024 but for an il2 use HuffYUV is the best,Finally and i speak only for Sony vegas with the first post Rendering settings a video from 100mb when i finish the project is about 20mb and less if it hasnt any effects on so, conclusion : You need that "BIG" video file because you can use it to get the best quality from it with out restrictions ( you cant used pan/crop to make the video Widescreen if you have recorded with Xvid Or Divx and this is important for HD movies ) . My new project is 56GIgs and its about 9 minutes with all the addon effects but the quality i guaranteed that it will leave you speechless .Note that the Final project will be about 550mb!So for the best result you need space Smile

Hope that i helped you ! ~S

Hi!

How can I add music to my movies when using "Virtualdub"?
Tutorials I've searched on Google did not explain that and the "Help" provided is even more superficial.
Can I do that by a similar way as I do on "MovieMaker"?

Thank you for your attention! :wink:

Oscarito Wrote:Hi!

How can I add music to my movies when using "Virtualdub"?
Tutorials I've searched on Google did not explain that and the "Help" provided is even more superficial.
Can I do that by a similar way as I do on "MovieMaker"?

Thank you for your attention! :wink:

To the best of my knowledge and experience, you cannot add a sound track in VirtualDub. Process your video in VDub, Save as AVI file; Import that AVI into Windows Moviemaker, and then add/edit your new soundtrack in WMM; publish Movie.

Hi, everyone

FRAPS version 3.4.0 has been released.

Smile
Fireskull

Here is one I made and posted on YouTube back in 07'. As you can see I was not flying with "perfect" settings. Nor "High" for that matter. Today I am using the same computer...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzeb52AkzQ