New desert textures.

... I thought the white dots were an intentional effect to give the video a 1940s film look ... :roll:

JAMF Wrote:Are the screenshots desaturated? Besides that, the desert textures look good.

Thanks everybody, thanks.

Nop, the pics are directly from the movie. I found that some time it more interresting to use pics from a movie than fraps screenies. But the colours are desaturated on the movie, this explain why you feel this. I wanted a pastel colours rendering for the movie, like some old colour movies.

In game, it's not so different as the textures are desaturated too. Well you will be able to check this soon by yourself Wink...in game

Fireskull Wrote:Hello, redko

These textures really do look fabulous, like everyone is saying. I have been following your work and others are taking notice, too. Please keep the fine works coming.

By the way, a suggestion: in your graphics card control panel, see if you have a setting that is called something like this...

Texture filtering - Anisotropic mip filter optimization (This substitutes point-mipmap filtering for linear-mipmap filtering on all but the primary texture stage) Having this ON can sometimes cause the little white dots that are in your images. I put this in the topic to help anyone who might have the same issue. This can be deleted later.

Hum ok i will check this, but tell me if i'm wrong...you are speaking about the dots on pic itself right, not the textures?? :roll: Because if you are refering to this...it's Sony vegas "old movie" filter. It simulate dust, like dust recovering an old slide :wink: .

Okay, Redko, I see.

When we view old film with defects, such as old pictures, we expect to see more than one defect from aging. This is because usually we see a variety of defects in old images. The mind just expects this from experience. See what I am saying?

I feel that the white dots do not look like dust.

Since you are in effect advertising your textures, you might want to drop anything which might distract from your goal. Do you want the viewer to focus on the textures? Some things could distract this.

This is just honest. To me the white dots look like modern digital effects or defects. This is only my humble opinion. I hope that I help.

Fireskull Wrote:...like modern digital effects or defects

Yep I agree. The effect is not so good. I saw other "old movie" effects on some youtube videos with a better result. I'm using Sony Vegas. On the pics extracted from the movies the dots looks digital you are right, it's better in motion.

No problem mate, i understand you point of view. I have a little defect...i adore dirty things, dust, matter effect, destroyed things, the mess Wink. Chaos is fine for creation. I will try to find a better old slide effect.

AWESOME! Just totally totally awesome. Every map you touched has been a HUGE improvement upon the original.
This is no exception. I actually feel I'm looking at the real McCoy. I love the canyon and the new actors.static only adds to the realism.

I can't wait for this re-textured map to be released.

Diadalos Team should hire you to re=texture every map in the game, seriously.

Very nice work again! Installed Palau V2, the Okinawa and Kyushu repaints and I am very impressed..so many maps, so limited time for flying ATM..
Keep up the good work! Thanks a lot for your maps and hard work!
Cheers :Smile)

Tom

Boris The Spider Wrote:AWESOME! Just totally totally awesome. Every map you touched has been a HUGE improvement upon the original.
This is no exception. I actually feel I'm looking at the real McCoy. I love the canyon and the new actors.static only adds to the realism.

I can't wait for this re-textured map to be released.

Diadalos Team should hire you to re=texture every map in the game, seriously.

Calm down calm down...take you tablet, it's too dangerous to let you fly in this state Big Grin :wink: .

Thanks for the words . I think for Team D the main objective is improve all historical aspects of this sim which is not necessary the case of my repaints. I'm just playing with textures to get more "fun" when flying all these maps. Share this is an extra, i would do the same even without posting these repainted maps. Unfortunately I don't have the time to make all the historical researches i guess Team D require...and it's normal. They think quality not quantity.

But i'm happy to know some liked "my" work...and i hope we wil share more funny dogfights Smile . I still need to improve Okinawa and Kyushu, and then finish Hawaii and start Marianas...the road is long.

TomFF Wrote:Very nice work again! Installed Palau V2, the Okinawa and Kyushu repaints and I am very impressed..so many maps, so limited time for flying ATM..
Keep up the good work! Thanks a lot for your maps and hard work!
Cheers :Smile)

Tom

Thanks Tom. Stay tuned for the incoming Dl links Smile

Definately!

Cheers
In the mantime I download the preview and enjoy.

Tom

On Wip.

[Image: 4869590408_c02ee1ac91_b.jpg]
[Image: 4868976591_371fbff8d4_b.jpg]
[Image: 4869590960_67b88e8ef9_b.jpg]
[Image: 4869592308_caa0fbc5e4_b.jpg]

This kind of structure need sometimes 2 entire textures to represent the whole thing on the map.

Hi, redko

The textures look very realistic to me. These are actually among the best that I have seen for IL-2, in my humble opinion. I'm sure that you feel there is more work to be done, but these are very advanced.

Readers: Observe the irregular coast with differing amounts of erosion. See the shallows near the edge of the water? Look how they appear to have sand bars and other water created formations.

The gulleys also have the random erosion with little tributaries, too. See the debris which settled in the bottom of the gullies?

And the side of the hill... could that be photographic imagery imported into IL-2? That's realistic.

Where can we find a simulation that allows this kind of modding?

Thank you. Big Grin

redko, your Desert maps look terrific,

I'm doing South East Arizona, Between Tucson, AZ and Deming, New Mexico, and north around Willcox, AZ and as far south as Douglas, AZ.

There was allot of US Army Airbases in this area for training in WWII.

When you get these Desert Maps out could I please use some of your textures for my Arizona map?

They would be perfect for this area.

This area was about as deserted, in WWII, as most of your maps show.

Best regards,

rustydawg

And of course the new movie will be the "Desert Knights" Or something like that,The map IS SIMPLE AWESOME,I think the best of all maps until now,

Man my jaw is buggered after hitting the floor so hard....