New desert textures.

To make things clear for all, i posted the "Desert_Online" release video a couple of minutes ago. You will be able to see it in 1 hour i guess after youtube post editing.

This video shows the final stage of this tiny map, the first one of a group of 3 desert maps. Time is midday to give to the textures a neutral point of view. I aslo activated Gapa but only with the Avala's default setting you allready know if you used at least one time the Gapa tool. Flight is close to ground and shows all the work done on the ground's elevation. It's a new map! Just a couple of days to wait for the map itself Smile .

Lejo, i took the liberty to mention your name on the video, as it shows quickly you new desert objects pack. But pics show this better.

I'll be back with the link in some minutes.

Shwing!

Looking forward to see how my repaints look like on your retextured map. Big Grin

Cheers, L.

Redko,

That's good. Thank you for answering my questions.

I feel that your textures are the best. Having your textures in my favorite desert region for missions - El Alamein and nearby areas - would be the ultimate for me.

You can't blame a guy for dreaming. Big Grin

I feel that thanks should be given to Lejo for the desert objects and everyone else who supported the development of the textures by Redko.

Thank you! Big Grin

Fireskull Wrote:I feel that thanks should be given to Lejo for the desert objects and everyone else who supported the development of the textures by Redko.

Thank you! Big Grin

Indeed. It's a very little pack of houses but very useful. Desert castle are much much better now. There are some midle age and old roman castles and forts in the deserts of North Africa. I will add some in MTO map for fun. Mission makers will be able to create some ground support/attack missions using this, even if non historical.

So here is the video trailer for this map before the final release. Watch this in 720p for better quality. 480 is not available for the moment but tomorrow it will i guess. Never understood why youtube guys make 720p available before 480 or higher... :roll: .

Enjoy the movie. I chosed a natural light by midday so this is what you will have for real in game Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJylUewMGg4

Only Desert_online shots here, no other map. I will post the first pics for Mto later.

Man O Man! Thanks for that great video. ( i particularly liked the music choice! )

It's people like yourself Redko who have a ton of talent and give so much to this game. This is the reason I mod. This looks SOOO much better than the stock version. I would hope that Team Daidalos will incorporate this into a future patch for those who for whatever reason don't mod.

Q: Are the new desert objects shown in the film going to be included? If not when/where can they be gotten?

Nice, this looks better and better, in each video Big Grin

Can't wait until release Big Grin

Planemad

Boris The Spider Wrote:Man O Man! Thanks for that great video. ( i particularly liked the music choice! )

Q: Are the new desert objects shown in the film going to be included? If not when/where can they be gotten?

I think I can answer this question for Redko :wink: : yes the new desert objects will be released together with his map. Besides these objects some buildings of my Southern European House Pack are used also for the desert map.
Southern European Objects Pack you can get here:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...25&t=28908

Wow, great!
I'm sure it will transcend all lighting and beauty options at evening.
Tom
:!:

Dang it! I was hoping to see these uploaded today.Oh well another boring Sunday.Soon though I hope redko. :wink:

Redko, big fan of yours...I can literally blame you, Avala and Freddy for making IL-2 my favourite one now. Cry :wink:
Do you have any (off topic) Hawaii WIP shots for a hungry Hawaii fan?

Off topic off..look forward to THIS one here! Big Grin

Tom

Tres impressionnant !!!

BRAVO 8)

http://www.filefront.com/17272413/desert.zip

For Install:

Put the "Desert" file into your mapmod folder as usual like this :

MODS/MAPMODS/maps/desert

Put the texture folder like this:

MODS/MAPMODS/maps/Tex_/redko_tex/Lybia

And in the "all.ini file" located on your "maps" folder (...MODS/MAPMODS/maps...) just check that you have allready have this line:

Desert desert/load.ini

If not you have to ad it.

Credits:

Lejo, Viking, Avala, Mick and all the SAS and AAS team Wink

TomFF Wrote:Redko, big fan of yours...I can literally blame you, Avala and Freddy for making IL-2 my favourite one now. Cry :wink:
Do you have any (off topic) Hawaii WIP shots for a hungry Hawaii fan?

Off topic off..look forward to THIS one here! Big Grin

Tom

Thanks Tom.
For the moment i don't have shots of that map, i mean new ones. It's in stand by for the moment, but i didn't let it down. I would like to finish the desert textures first. But it's a map who could be quickly done.