HUD for Il2 planes

Verhängnis Wrote:Mine doesn't work either with custom install, it keeps crashing and getting error messages as soon as the plane loads. Sad
Well, my experience so far.
I tried the program successfully with my HSFX4.1 install with SAS modact, when :
1) I backuped the original file DeviceLink.txt by renaming it DeviceLink_orig.txt
2) pasted the file DeviceLink.txt which is inside the RHUD BETA 1 folder.
3) copied the whole folder RHUD BETA 1 into the MODS folder of HSFX4.1
4) after double clicking on HUD BETA.exe file, run HSFX4.1 in DirectX mode.
5) run QMB any plane, it appears with HUD.
I do not know if all the steps are necessary, but this is the way it works.

When the same steps were done with my 4.09m install with SAS modact, Il2 runs well but without the hud, even with DirectX. I do not know the reason. UP2.01 was not tried yet.
Write to the author of the RHUD BETA 1 program, please.

Uzin Wrote:1) I backuped the original file DeviceLink.txt by renaming it DeviceLink_orig.txt
2) pasted the file DeviceLink.txt which is inside the RHUD BETA 1 folder.
:?:
The DeviceLink.txt file is just an explanation about which features DeviceLink provides. It's kindof readme.txt, you can see when you look at it's contents.
You don't need to copy that file anywhere.

Instead you should do what the readme.txt tells you:

Code:
1. Open your conf.ini file (with notepad) in the folder where IL2 is installed and include
   this new lines to activate the devicelink interface
[DeviceLink]
port=21100
host=127.0.0.1

That's most important, otherwise the HUD cannot work.

Uzin Wrote:3) copied the whole folder RHUD BETA 1 into the MODS folder of HSFX4.1
:?:
To the MODS folder? Don't do that.
The contents of the MODS folder will be copied and evaluated internally by the game on boot time. You won't like this to happen with this program.
Just leave the HUD application wherever it is. No need to copy it to any specific folder.

Uzin Wrote:4) after double clicking on HUD BETA.exe file, run HSFX4.1 in DirectX mode.
5) run QMB any plane, it appears with HUD.
Yep, that's it.
Just add the 3 lines shown above to your IL-2's conf.ini, launch "HUD BETA 1.exe" from wherever you copied it to, and run IL-2 in DirectX mode.

Best regards - Mike

Storebror Wrote:1. Open your conf.ini file (with notepad) in the folder where IL2 is installed and include
this new lines to activate the devicelink interface

[DeviceLink]
port=21100
host=127.0.0.1[/code]

That's most important, otherwise the HUD cannot work.
Just add the 3 lines shown above to your IL-2's conf.ini, launch "HUD BETA 1.exe" from wherever you
You are totally right. Mea culpa. I omitted the most important part. Now even 409m with SAS modact works well. I have forgotten that part in readme, as it is obvious from that my HSFX41 install worked before. Please, accept my apologies everybody.

HI all,Hi Uzin, Just download that "MOD" but i need some help,I unzip the file ,install in confic this line from the readme
[DeviceLink]
port=21100
host=127.0.0.1[/code]
and i run the hud.exe , the hud is visible in my screen but not in IL2 ,So i install the all Hud "FOLDER" in my mods folder and again nothing ,
My settings for the Resolution are

[window]
width=1680
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

Any help? I really want to give a try Smile

Erg./JG54_crazty Wrote:HI all,Hi Uzin, Just download that "MOD" but i need some help,I unzip the file ,install in confic this line from the readme
[DeviceLink]
port=21100
host=127.0.0.1[/code]
and i run the hud.exe , the hud is visible in my screen but not in IL2 ,So i install the all Hud "FOLDER" in my mods folder and again nothing ,

[window]
width=1680
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

I am not an expert on that pgm, Storebror is much better than I am Smile .
My [window] settings differ only in the first two rows

width=1024
height=768

and the one before the last one :

SaveAspect=1

but I do not think that this is the reason : HUD works well with my both 409aSASmodact and HSFX41 install, but not with my UP201 install, even if the [window] settings are the same. In the last instance, however, I cannot change settings from OpenGL to DirectX.
N.B.
I hope you did not write "[/code]" into your conf.ini. Smile

Quote:I hope you did not write "[/code]" into your conf.ini

Yes i did but nothing happened and i have backup always so nothing to worry Tongue

Uzin Wrote:
Erg./JG54_crazty Wrote:HI all,Hi Uzin, Just download that "MOD" but i need some help,I unzip the file ,install in confic this line from the readme
[DeviceLink]
port=21100
host=127.0.0.1[/code]

[window]
width=1680
height=1050
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

I am not an expert on that pgm, Storebror is much better than I am Smile .
My [window] settings differ only in the first two rows

width=1024
height=768

and the one before the last one :

SaveAspect=1

but I do not think that this is the reason : HUD works well with my both 409aSASmodact and HSFX41 install, but not with my UP201 install, even if the [window] settings are the same. In the last instance, however, I cannot change settings from OpenGL to DirectX.
N.B.
I hope you did not write "[/code]" into your conf.ini. Smile

would this be compatible online?

Russ_Ace Wrote:would this be compatible online?
Nope.
DeviceLink is deactivated in online sessions.
This could be modified, but would be crt sensitive.

Best regards - Mike

So not compatible with UP2.01?

xxlegionxx Wrote:So not compatible with UP2.01?

:?: :?: :?:

What makes you think that it shouldn't be compatible with UP2.01?
DeviceLink is deactivated in online sessions. Full stop.
Everything else, be it stock 4.0 IL-2 or any modded version, regardless whether it's a mod pack like UP2.01, HSFX , who-knows-what-else-pack 0.8963636 or any highly modded personal installation: No problem, it works.

Best regards - Mike

can someone reupload? megaupload got seized by the fbi, damn pigsSad