Thread Closed

IL-2 Newbie Guide

IL-2 Newbie Guide here is now improved and more concise, though there is more basic information.

There are ever expanding IL-2 1946 modding community websites, all owing there exisitene to All Aircraft Arcade - the predecessor of our website here! Big Grin

In the spirit of community, improvements to this guide reflect that! Big Grin

Another major development is coming once it is published in the near future, somewhere in the IL-2 world. :wink:

Fireskull

Hi,
I have problems downloading one of the big mod-packs, how do I download a single mod without having one of these mod-packs, it worked some time ago...
thanks
Yak-1000bis

Hi,

There are several ways to add mods with or without a mod pack, depending much on the mod and what patch is the base, too.

For adding an invidual mod, I recommend contacting the modder who created the mod, looking at his thread where the mod was published, and making a strategy based on the types of mods which you want to add. Many mods are not compatible across different IL-2 patches, though some are cross-compatible.

Here are some examples which show a wide diversity of methods for adding mods:

1) This thread gives very basic methods of adding mods:
HSFX 5.0 & 5.01 Simple Mod Guide
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31573

Yes: I understand that you are asking about adding individual mods and not mod packs, but many times the target area to place the mod is the same whether with or without a mod pack - some exceptions, of course.

2) Another system of adding mods is the Mods Activator ( ModAct for short )

For ModActs, take a look here at these examples:
Free IL2 Modding Forum - Mod Activator for 4.11 - Diff FM for 4.11 - TBD Flyable 4.11
viewtopic.php?f=189&t=33293

Special Aircraft Service Forum - IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Custom Install Modding Guide
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=27664

Okay, so I showed here that there are a bunch of methods for adding mods. Many mods are for 4.09 or 4.10. Some are compatible across IL-2 patches, but many are not. IL-2 4.11 will have more mods available for it than exist for it now - coming soon - so keep that in mind, as well.

The bottom line ( pun intended Big Grin ) is that we need to know what mods for what patch do you seek and then we can take it from there. Big Grin

Fireskull

Fireskull Wrote:Hi,

There are several ways to add mods with or without a mod pack, depending much on the mod and what patch is the base, too.

For adding an invidual mod, I recommend contacting the modder who created the mod, looking at his thread where the mod was published, and making a strategy based on the types of mods which you want to add. Many mods are not compatible across different IL-2 patches, though some are cross-compatible.

Here are some examples which show a wide diversity of methods for adding mods:

1) This thread gives very basic methods of adding mods:
HSFX 5.0 & 5.01 Simple Mod Guide
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum ... 06&t=31573

Yes: I understand that you are asking about adding individual mods and not mod packs, but many times the target area to place the mod is the same whether with or without a mod pack - some exceptions, of course.

2) Another system of adding mods is the Mods Activator ( ModAct for short )

For ModActs, take a look here at these examples:
Free IL2 Modding Forum - Mod Activator for 4.11 - Diff FM for 4.11 - TBD Flyable 4.11
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum ... 89&t=33293

Special Aircraft Service Forum - IL-2 1946 4.09 SAS Custom Install Modding Guide
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum ... 84&t=27664

Okay, so I showed here that there are a bunch of methods for adding mods. Many mods are for 4.09 or 4.10. Some are compatible across IL-2 patches, but many are not. IL-2 4.11 will have more mods available for it than exist for it now - coming soon - so keep that in mind, as well.

The bottom line ( pun intended Big Grin ) is that we need to know what mods for what patch do you seek and then we can take it from there. Big Grin

Fireskull

Thanks a lot...

I gave it a new try and installed UP-3 now... it worked!!! - don´t know, why it didn´t work earlier...

But the problem with the mod I wanted to get to work still exists. I wanted to install this Mod from Caldrail I think - CAL_Tarmac_Plates, it´s about having airfield-plates as additional objects, I think that would be very useful for all modders who want to build their own airfields... I´ve tried everything from your tips and anywhere else, it doesn´t work!

If I could use this as a suggestion for a new mod or getting the mod to work with UP-3 and 4.11... that would be very useful, it´s really a great mod and it worked earlier,
I really need airfield plates to make my own airfield! :wink:

Thanks anyway
Yak-1000bis

Hi,

Smile

IL-2 Newbie Guide here is updated and improved by me.

Fireskull

Thank you very much Fireskull! S!
Very much appreciated!

Even old dogs might have a peek once in a while... :oops: :mrgreen: :Smile)

Jambo Big Grin
Thread Closed