Thread Closed

F-86J V0.09 Discussion

lm2f Wrote:The F-86J seems to be conflicting with histomod V2, is there any way to make it work or incorporate the sidewinders onto the histomod sabres?
Basically histomod currently isn't supported, I didn't check that since I don't have a histomod installation running.
From what I can tell, the F-86J itself likely won't have any trouble with the histomod package, but since it relies on the F-86A/F package of UltraPack or the extracted SAS-Version of it to be installed, histomod obviously misses those requirements, and it's absolutely possible that the SAS F-86 Pack is in conflict with the histomod sabres.

Since histomod is somehow a "closed" complete package, to me it would make more sense if they'd adopt the parts required, i.e. the Sidewinders and/or any other additional loadout. Maybe they'd even want to include other Jets from the coming SAS Jet package. Whatever the histomod team would like to have, they can simply ask the authors to get access to the source in order to incorporate them in a future histomod version. As for the F-86J, anyone who's kindly asking can get access to it.

Best regards - Mike

Hi, I have UP2.01n installed, with no other mods in the MODS folder. I have placed the F-86J folder in the MODS folder, as well as the Diff_FM_Mod folder. I have placed the correct lines in the air.ini and plane .ru lists, following the F-86F25L. The - has been removed from the MODS folder. When I try to start the sim, it crashes at 60%. Am I missing a step?

Thanks, friction. My JSGME folder had FMB Plus, Plutonium effect, and the AAA mod activated. I removed all of those, then per your instructions, downloaded and installed the new buttons file from SAS. The MODS folder has no other planes, or any other mods in it. Double-checked the air.ini and plane.ru entries. I still get crash at 60%.
Installation of the sim is from IL2-1946 CD, then patched to 4.08 and 4.09, then UP 2.01n. Except for the JSGME mods mentioned above, the game has been left alone. F86J and Diff_FM were the first things to be put in to the MODS folder.
Anything else I can try?

The 60% CTD is caused by a mismatch of air.ini entry, mods folder content and FM files (usually buttons file, but the F-86J mod uses it's own dedicated DiffFM file, so the buttons are out of scope here).
First of all, there's no such thing like UP 2.01n, there is UP 2.0n and 2.01. If you're using 2.0n, please consider to upgrade to UP 2.01.

In any case, when installing the F-86J mod, never change anything outside the "MODS" folder structure, i.e. don't edit anything inside the "files" tree of IL-2.

UltraPack 2.01 in it's default installation doesn't contain a "MODS" folder, so you have to create this on your own or download and install a "MODS" folder for plain vanilla UP 2.01 game, if yours is untouched so far.
The "MODS" folder package can be found at SAS:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,7949.0.html
If you want to create the "MODS" folder on your own, regarding instructions can be found both here and at SAS, too.

When installing the F-86J mod, please make sure that the mod is extracted to the IL-2 "MODS" folder while preserving the subfolder structure. After installation, you should have a folder called "F_86J" inside your "MODS" folder. The "F_86J" folder should contain the hashed classfiles, a file called "F86J", a readme file and three subfolders.

Further instructions for modded aircraft installation can be found on this board or at SAS:
"IL-2 Newbie Guide": viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314
"How to instal a New Aircraft": http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1353.0.html
"an Idiot's guide to getting your IL2 modded": http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,3969.0.html
"5%, 60% & 70% crash Troubleshooters": http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,22.0.html

Best regards - Mike

Thank you, Mike, for the detailed instructions. Followed them exactly, and sim loaded without problem. Then killed 2 MiG-15's in a 2 on 1 engagment in the QMB. This will be a lot of fun. Thanks agian.

Hi eyler,

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now and you're enjoying the mod.
Thanks to Friction for the quick professional support Smile

Best regards - Mike

When was it made possible to launch a sidewinder at a friendly? It came as a shock when I did! Confusedhock: :lol:

norm Wrote:When was it made possible to launch a sidewinder at a friendly? It came as a shock when I did! Confusedhock: :lol:
This was back in 1951, responsible Person was Mr. William B. McLean :mrgreen:
Joking apart, the possibility to track friendly targets was part of former versions of the F-86J mod here and there, but it has always been buggy until now with V0.09 it's working as desired.
To be on the safe side you should make sure that there's no friendly within the 25° seeker FOV when launching the missile, since even if there's an enemy right in front of your nose and 10 other enemies around him, and just 1 friendly 24.9° off and 2km away, the AIM-9 might still select your friend if he's the only one running his engine on full power while all your enemies throttled down in time (that's kind of "offside trap of the AIM-9") :mrgreen:

Best regards - Mike

i don't have a mod folder!?
help

Matchstick Wrote:i don't have a mod folder!?
help

There are several ways you can mod your game, The first one is HSFX which is a Mod Pack, The second is UP which is also a Mod Pack, Mod packs include alot of Mods and thus it is a big download and your third and final option is Custom, which lets you have only the Mods you download and want.

Read through this Easy guide for HSFX!
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=25515
Read through this for links and guides to Installing UP!
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=28193
Read through My splendid guide for a Custom Install!
viewtopic.php?f=104&t=27664

Cheers!

I have HSFX 4.11 i don't have a mod folder just the JSGMEMOD folder

Matchstick Wrote:I have HSFX 4.11 i don't have a mod folder just the JSGMEMOD folder

Oh, ok, well don't you just put it in there, or put it whereever the rest of your aircraft mods are. Otherwise I think you just create a MODS Folder and put it in there and add the relevant lines etc.

lol i don't know. can't find out what to do...

Matchstick Wrote:lol i don't know. can't find out what to do...

Real simple.
You have HSFX 4.1 with no MODS folder. CREATE one. Put it in your IL2 1946 main directory folder.
It will look like this when you are done:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS

Now place the F-86J folder in the MODS folder.
Update the AIR.INI file in the following path:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\com\maddox\il2\objects/air.ini
Load the game.
Go to Quick Mission Builder
Find and select F-86J
Fly.

You have now successfully added your first modded aircraft.

If you want to use custom skins, do this.
Create a folder in your skins folder. Name it F-86J so it looks like this:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\F-86J

Place custom skins in that folder and you're off to the races.

the AIR.INI file is where i put the name of the plane given by the person that made it right? just checking
Thread Closed