Thread Closed

F-86J V0.09 Discussion

crashed on me at 100%
help

i got it to work!!! it was Adv engine mod that was crashing everything

Matchstick Wrote:i got it to work!!! it was Adv engine mod that was crashing everything

Great! Obviously, you simply deactivated it in the JSGME Mods Enabler, correct?

Fireskull Smile

Quote:Great! Obviously, you simply deactivated it in the JSGME Mods Enabler, correct?

Fireskull Smile

ya EZ as that!! hehe... great working aircraft to but can anyone tell me
whats the min and max range of the missiles

Matchstick Wrote:i got it to work!!! it was Adv engine mod that was crashing everything
May I give a broad hint from the readme.txt?
Code:
Q: I'm using the "Advanced Engine Management" mod. Does this work well with the F-86J?
A: Unfortunately both the "Advanced Engine Management" and the "DiffFM" mod, which both aren't our
   property, touch the same stock game file. Since the AEM mod is missing the DiffFM functionality
   and vice versa, we provided some merged version of the AEM mod which includes the DiffFM functions
   and hence provides compatibility of both.
   Please download the merged version from:
   http://www.filefront.com/17146530/AEM_with_DiffFM.zip or
   http://www.mediafire.com/?cht0u6t5ys5u50g
   For installation, please deactivate the "Advanced Engine Management" mod in JSGME first, then extract
   the contents of the zip file to your IL-2 directory, overwriting the existing file "294ABC86A89FAEB4".
   Afterwards open JSGME and activate the "Advanced Engine Management" mod again.
   Additionally, please delete the file "294ABC86A89FAEB4" from the F-86J's mod folder
   and from wherever else you might find it.

Min. range of the AIM-9 isn't set, the AIM-9B didn't have a delay fuse implemented in the warhead.
Max range depends on. The missile will self-destruct after app. 30 sec. If your victim is flying Mach 1.9 and is heading straight away from your A/C, this 30 seconds are somewhat about a few meters off your nose :mrgreen:
If you're really happy, your AIM-9B might engage at up to 4.5km and your victim might be unaware (or stupid enough) and turn right into your missile's path.
However that's not the standard engagement envelope. If you like to have a two-digit kill percentage, try to engage within 1.0 - 2.0km from the 6 of your target, stay within the 2G limit, be within a 20° cone from your target's back and take him by surprise so he won't do too much evasive maneuvers.

Best regards - Mike

What a great addition for our sim......thankyou for this amazeing mod.....my squadron want to fly nothing but it in our korean missions....
much appreciated,

PD

Bump? Are u alive Storebror?

mati140 Wrote:Bump? Are u alive Storebror?
Huh?

NVM, I was sure that his last activity in this thread was in previous month, I didn't look at dates sry.

I didn't ask my doctor lately, but I feel quite ok.
Maybe some of you wondered why there was no new version out for some time.
Let me shed some light on this:
For the next version I planned to get rid of the additional mod requirements, such as the F-86 package etc.
In order to do so, I had asked both PeterD (F-86 basic version) and Freddy (fantastic F-86 cockpit) for permission to integrate their work into this mod (credits will be granted of course).
While Freddy answered immediately and granted permission to do so, PeterD's last sign of life is from December 2009.
I'm on business trip next week, but when I'm back I'll simply start do make the "full featured" version of this mod, which will be the first non-beta version then (and maybe if we're lucky the last one anyway).

Best regards - Mike

Storebror Wrote:I didn't ask my doctor lately, but I feel quite ok.
Maybe some of you wondered why there was no new version out for some time.
Let me shed some light on this:
For the next version I planned to get rid of the additional mod requirements, such as the F-86 package etc.
In order to do so, I had asked both PeterD (F-86 basic version) and Freddy (fantastic F-86 cockpit) for permission to integrate their work into this mod (credits will be granted of course).
While Freddy answered immediately and granted permission to do so, PeterD's last sign of life is from December 2009.
I'm on business trip next week, but when I'm back I'll simply start do make the "full featured" version of this mod, which will be the first non-beta version then (and maybe if we're lucky the last one anyway).

Best regards - Mike
did u pm him or email, because i think he doseint know about the new sight.

Russ_Ace Wrote:did u pm him or email, because i think he doseint know about the new sight.
PM'd on 3 boards, emailed on two addresses, asked another guy who has been in closer contact to him in the past, all of this to no avail.
Either he'll come back to life suddenly few seconds after I'm releasing the full package or I simply don't care since there's nothing more I can do about it.

Best regards - Mike

Hello

I played this great MOD with my heavy modded UP2.01 without problems.

But now (I don`t know why) I can`t see the sidewinders (visually on the airplane) in the arming screen any more (only empty pylons) and when I will play the plane with these weapons sometimes I have CTD or I get the Message:

INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can`t load 'Gloss2D2o.mat'

If I use the plane with a loadout without the Sidewinders all works flawless !

Does anybody know what the problem could be ???

Thanks in advance

Doc

Docholiday Wrote:Hello

I played this great MOD with my heavy modded UP2.01 without problems.

But now (I don`t know why) I can`t see the sidewinders (visually on the airplane) in the arming screen any more (only empty pylons) and when I will play the plane with these weapons sometimes I have CTD or I get the Message:

INTERNAL ERROR: Material: Can`t load 'Gloss2D2o.mat'

If I use the plane with a loadout without the Sidewinders all works flawless !

Does anybody know what the problem could be ???

Thanks in advance

Doc

Looks like corrupted files, try DLing again.

I would just like to say I am having a blast with this mod, it is very fun and adds some new life to the game. Keep up the good work.
~S~ Reap
Thread Closed