DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual

Installation of DCG
---------------------------

1. Download (Dynamic Campaign Generator) DCG: http://il2dcg.blogspot.com/

2. Unzip the downloaded DCG file and rename it to "IL2DCG"!

3. Put the new "IL2DCG" file in your "IL-2 Sturmovik" Main folder!

[Image: 88e22bc594f2bb84f9e1b5ae294f5bb2a9720ef7...37c75g.jpg]

4. Make a safe copy of your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

5. Copy all files from "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\Data\dgen" in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

6. Copy all files from "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\Data\aces" in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen\aces" folder!

7. Now, make a shortcut of the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\il2dcg.exe" on your Desktop and name it e.g. "DCG for Mods"

8. Double click the new shortcut and the first thing you see, is a friendly welcome window! Press "ok"!

[Image: e06cc18f0743ede755e2c9e877a419275g.jpg]

9. A new window open! DCG now needs the location of your "il2.exe" file! Click on your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2.exe" file and press "open"!

[Image: 519867e393a815e095017b527e4dc363c3b1d041...e39d5g.jpg]

10. The DCG window open and should look like this!

[Image: 1d25142ca032e197c3f4839f8548fa215g.jpg]

11. Now, DCG needs the Location of your "il2dcg.exe" file! Go to "Files" and click on the option "DCG Program Location"!

[Image: 1a3aa3fb5b059acb47805778350a55535g.jpg]

12. Click on the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG\il2dcg.exe" file and press "open"!

[Image: 56526662f9153ad3c8b7236012d8c6fc5g.jpg]

13. Click on the "Files" option "Game Program Location" and check, if the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2.exe" file is selected, press once again "open"!

[Image: 8a076655e6d3193701bda87256c27b485g.jpg]

14. You can also click on the "Files" option "Set Game Version" to specify your IL-2 Version but the right Version should already be selected!

[Image: 462b2ed20fd0830e6afaf9ee99f3d1275g.jpg]

That was the standard installation for DCG! Now, we want to install a 3rd party DCG campaign!

Configure of DCG in Full Auto-Generation and replaced Career Generator (Dgen)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The advantage of both options is, that DCG generates the next mission in IL-2 and works like a normal Dgen Campaign!
You dont have to switch to Desktop, open DCG and press "Generate mission" after every flown mission during the campaign, so that DCG can generate the next following mission!

1. Click under the Menue "Mode" on the option "Off-Line Career (Full Auto-Generation)"!

2. Now, click on "Replace Career Generator (Dgen)" and a new window opens! It asks you, if you want to replace the Dgen.exe file with the IL2DCG.exe file!
Click on "Yes"!

[Image: 420cf74dff01c32c03bfcabd193ccb325g.jpg]

Both options should now be active!

[Image: d07dc4ec818bf69c9d4fcad5d9f71a8e5g.jpg]

NOTE: When DCG replaces DGen, it automatically copies the DCG "stock" DGEN folder and ACES folder files in each folder of your IL-2 game installation.

Starting of a 3rd party campaign without extra files for DGen:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are different ways to start a 3rd party campaign! Some Campaigns have extra files for the "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder, other not!
The advantage is, you can choose every Nation/Service and fly every aircraft you want in those campaigns!
As an example, we will use Kapteenis "Benghalli DCG Campaign"!

1. Put the "Benghalli_DCG_Campaign" folder into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG" folder! After this, start DCG!

2. Click on the "Files" option "Optional Third Party Data folder"!

[Image: 748b07414826a776afaec08dc53dee1b5g.jpg]

3. A new window pops up! Now, open the folder "Benghalli_DCG_Campaign", choose the "allcampaigns.dcg" file of this campaign and click "open"!
NOTE: The Benghalli Campaign is now active as the current 3rd party Campaign by DCG!

[Image: a23fb9c5586395d3afef1778dea741f55g.jpg]

4. Click on the DCG menu "Run" and choose "Generate Campaign"!

5. In this campaign, we can choose every nation/service we want, so I will take the RAAF guys!
On the right side our campaign is visible, so we can press "Start"!

[Image: 159714800acbfe39ceb300ab49db62b95g.jpg]

6. An information window pops up, press "OK"!

[Image: e71e401d7ab57541839c03bd66f33602beab6636...65245g.jpg]

7. Now, close DCG and start IL-2!

8. Choose the RAAF and look under "Career" for a line like shown in this pic and press "Start"!

[Image: b3306e6c84f78fc5b13a75dccc743c25cdac7bcb...4c315g.jpg]

9. Choose your aircraft and press "Generate"!

[Image: 3602bbc9ac90855f1d1b523fdde7f9eb5g.jpg]

Starting of a 3rd party campaign with extra files for DGen:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is something for the historical campaigns! The Nations, Squadrons and aircraft you can fly are limited!
I choose as an example the "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 V1.3" campaign!

NOTE: First of all, you must have copied all files from the "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 V1.3\DGen folder into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\DGen" folder!

1. Put the "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 V1.3" folder into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\IL2DCG" folder! After this, start DCG!

2. Click on the "Files" option "Optional Third Party Data folder"!

3. A new window pops up! Now, open the folder "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 V1.3", choose the "allcampaigns.dcg" file of this campaign and click "open"!
NOTE: The Extended Solomons Campaign is now active as the current 3rd party Campaign by DCG!

4. Close DCG and start IL-2!

5. Choose the IJN,IJA,USN or USAAF Service and look under "Career" for lines like shown in this pic and press "Start"!

[Image: cd1d6700bb75fa1e0aa728ef6a224f575g.jpg]

6. Choose your sub-campaign and aircraft and press "Generate"!

[Image: 8d49055e098d16eb19e927ae2fcb20ad9ccb65e6...f4d65g.jpg]

Configure of DCG to play a stock Campaign:
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Uncheck the "Files" option "Optional Third Party Data folder"!

2. Click on the DCG menue "Run" and choose "Generate Campaign"!

3. Now you can choose your Service and Campaign, after this press "Start" and when the info window open "OK"!

4. Close DCG and start IL-2 to play your campaign!

If you would like more information on DCG and its possibilities, go to this site: http://forum.jg1.org/forum/8-lowengrins ... il-2-cfs2/

I hope these instructions were useful!

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support in this manual!

Thanks, Deutschmark! Smile

Outstanding Instructions! Thanks Much!!!

I'm having a spot of bother with playing the Battle of Britain DCG campaign, and that is the game freezes and crashes after a minute or so from getting airborne.
I have done a search but I can't find anything on the campaigns section or anywhere else, is there any settings within DCG that can cause this if incorrect?
Thank you

95aqua-ta Wrote:I'm having a spot of bother with playing the Battle of Britain DCG campaign, and that is the game freezes and crashes after a minute or so from getting airborne.
I have done a search but I can't find anything on the campaigns section or anywhere else, is there any settings within DCG that can cause this if incorrect?
Thank you

Hi,
I think that's a memory problem!
Try to reduce the Squadron density,Column density and the numbers of flights in DCG under "General Campaign Settings"!
Use also an IL2.exe file with expanded memory!
Hope it helps!

Lonestar Wrote:Hi,
I think that's a memory problem!
Try to reduce the Squadron density,Column density and the numbers of flights in DCG under "General Campaign Settings"!
Use also an IL2.exe file with expanded memory!
Hope it helps!

Thanks Lonestar I'll give that a try.
However when you say memory do you mean Ram as I have 6 gb of it, is that not enough??

95aqua-ta Wrote:Thanks Lonestar I'll give that a try.
However when you say memory do you mean Ram as I have 6 gb of it, is that not enough??

Hi,
I have 8 Gigs and had Problems to fly a Bob misson!
Now I use the 1.2 Gig IL2.exe and have no Problems with Landscape detail,Squadron density and column density on highest Level!

Oh I see, how odd.
Where abouts can I find this modded Il2.exe file?
Many thanks for your assistance.

Disregard my last, I've found it on another thread so I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Thanks

DCG UP AND RUNNING

THANKS!!!!!!!

Hello!

I'm new to DCG!
Followed this tutorial step by step. Everything OK, according to expected (I mean, windows, messages, etc.) but when I finally hit "Generate" nothing happened Sad
Have no idea about what I did wrong...

Hi Oscarito!
Is there a beep tone or pops the button out again, if you press "Generate", maybe any error messages?
Which campaign and with which mode you want to play (Full Auto Generation/Replace Career Generator)?
If you want to start a 3rd party campaign, is the "Optional Third Party Data Folder" option activated?

Hi Lonestar!

Thank You for reply and sorry for my delay on return. I was out for a couple of days (Carnival in Brazil... Big Grin ).

No error messages. Just no action (button pops out again).
I've tried "Extended Solomons Campaign 1942-45 v1.3" instead of "Benghali_DCG_Campaign" (suggested in the tutorial) which I did not find.
Full Auto Generation/Replace Career Generator: Yes/Yes
Optional Third Party Data Folder: Yes
Everything works fine (Campaign tittle appears on the roster) except the mission generation...
I'll repeat the proccess since I've provided a fresh IL-2 1946 install unpatched/unmodded just for trials on DCG. :wink:
Guess I've made a mess with some folder in wrong place. Just an idea... :roll:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. I've downloaded the last DCG version available. Is it supposed to be correct?

I've seen it on TV! Really impressive costumes that were shown there! Hope you've had your fun! Smile

Yes, you should use the last version of DCG but you can also download the 3.47beta at Lowengrins site!
I would also advise you to go through the entire manual again! I think, something you must have missed!

Many ,many thanks for this simple explanation of the install.I've tried several times to do this by winging it & each time I've screwed something up.Now I have a afeeling thanks to you I'll be able to install & fly some of the DBW DCG campaigns I've hungered afer & they will actually work! :wink: