DCG And Third Party Campaign Installation Manual

Hi Dietz!
Yes, should be a help if you uses DCG for the first time! If you are more familiar with it, you'll find your own installation art!
For example, you can also have multiple DCG installations for different IL-2 Versions/Modpacks!

Whoa1 Look honestly I'd be happy if I could just install & fly the new Solomons & Guadalcanal DCG campaign s over at SAS DBW! It would make my day while waiting for the new cloD patch..... :|

Lonestar Wrote:I've seen it on TV! Really impressive costumes that were shown there! Hope you've had your fun! Smile

Yes, you should use the last version of DCG but you can also download the 3.47beta at Lowengrins site!
I would also advise you to go through the entire manual again! I think, something you must have missed!
Lones tr--
I would have PM'd you but this will do. As I said I think I have this all installed correctly thanks to you( the newest version as you recommend) & have just downloaded & placed three DCG campaigns ( Coral sea, Solomons & Korea ) in my Missions folder( but not in any "country" folder.) As mentioned previously I am playing in Dark Blue World Mode. You would save me a lot of frustrating yet fun work , by walking me thru getting one of these up & actually working,starting thru the DCG generator.I have read the readme, but haven't quite got the hang of it , because when I go to start game I cannot find the new campaigns or if I do ( occasionally ) they seem frozen at the period of time & plane menu screen.When you have a minute or two ...... :roll: ?
A bit later... I went to DCG & ticked Third Party Campaign & the n went to where Guadalcanal DCG was ( "Missions " folder) ticked the icon there.Startes game & I think I got to the campaign & got it to start!
Now let me ask you this is it possible to have two separate DCG camapaigns going at once or do they have to be in separate Il-2 installs? :wink:

Hi Dietz,
First thing, the new 3rd party campaign folder comes into the "IL2DCG" folder, not into a misson folder!
DCG creates later a new campaign folder in your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/missions/campaign/service/" folder, when you press "Generate" in IL-2 for the first mission!

I am assuming that you have properly installed DCG according to the instructions!

1.For example, put the "Korea 1950-53 V1.4 DBW" folder into your new "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/IL2DCG" folder!
2.Then make first a safe copy of your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/DGen" folder!
3.After this copy all .dat files from the "Korea 1950-53 V1.4 DBW/DGen" folder into your "IL-2 Sturmovik 1946/DGen" folder!
4.Open DCG and activate the modes "Off-Line Career (Full Auto Generation)" and "Replace Creer Generator (DGen)"!
5.Then under "Files" the option "Optional third party data folder", open the "Korea 1950-53 V1.4 DBW" folder and select the "allcampaigns.dcg", press "open"!
6. Now, close DCG, start IL-2 and choose maybe the USAAF Service! There must be, among other things, the following campaigns:

USAAF Fighter Korea 1950-53 (DCG)
or
USAAF Bomber/Recon Korea 1950-53 (DCG)

7. Select one of them, choose your squadron and plane and press "Generate"! After a few seconds should DCG generate the first mission!

Hope it helps!

Big big help!!!Thanks! :OO

I followed the recommended installation: Il2 1946 with the F'ing Big Superpack (UP3 + DBW 1.71) and then added DCG 3.47b6. DCG is working well at first but when I want to auto-generate a campaign (i.e. Offline Career + Replace DGen modes) IL2 quickly falls prey to the "hit generate campaign and nothing happens" issue. That is, the campaign never starts in IL2. You select a campgin, click the green "Generate" button and it clicks and nothing happens.

I looked through Lowengrin's board and found suggestion about deleting the eventlog.lst and making sure that the config.ini file contains

eventlog=eventlog.lst
eventlogkeep=0

Neither helped. I'm running IL2 in Windows 7 and all other modes seem to work fine. I've tried doing this with no mods (JSGME) and with mods and the problem persists. Just can't do any auto-generate DCS campaigns.

I suspect I am not the only one having this problem, but what is happening? What will fix it?

Thanks!

Hi Senor-Droolcup, welcome to this forum!
Is there a beep tone or pops the button out again, if you press "Generate"?
Which campaign, standard or 3rd party?
For the 3rd party campaign, is the "Optional Third Party Data Folder" option activated?